X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

How the **** have I never heard of this?
    Like I said, the only mention I saw was a little 4x6 piece of paper by the self checkout that looked like it was run through a copier since 1999. It was an odd paradox of going through the effort and resources to create a matching promotion to compete with Menards and then seemingly intentionally hiding its existence.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I stopped shopping at HD when their owner gave Trump money...
    That guy hasn’t been with the company for like 20 years. By the same token you should support Home Depot because of Arthur Blank’s politics.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Got some bad news for you about every home improvement store.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Home Depot ended their 11% rebate program. Not sure how well known it was, since I only learned about it from an oft copied printout next to the register, and I ended up introducing it quite a few people, but in states with a Menards (so basically the entire Midwest) they would give 11% in the form of a gift card off if you submitted your receipt online. Since Menards had been doing their 11% perpetually post-Covid, anytime I had to go to HD I was always getting 11% off. It's funny timing with them ending it because Menards has gone back to their pre-Covid schedule only doing 11% periodically, so they wouldn't be getting hit as hard now if they had kept it.
    How the **** have I never heard of this?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Home Depot ended their 11% rebate program. Not sure how well known it was, since I only learned about it from an oft copied printout next to the register, and I ended up introducing it quite a few people, but in states with a Menards (so basically the entire Midwest) they would give 11% in the form of a gift card off if you submitted your receipt online. Since Menards had been doing their 11% perpetually post-Covid, anytime I had to go to HD I was always getting 11% off. It's funny timing with them ending it because Menards has gone back to their pre-Covid schedule only doing 11% periodically, so they wouldn't be getting hit as hard now if they had kept it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Finally broke down and subscribed to Quicken. I've been using Mint for like 17 years. I figured out a way to pull complete transaction data from Mint (not the CSV, the entire dataset) since they're closing down in 20 days.

Spent the last few hours building a spreadsheet to parse the tags, categories, memos, etc to build a custom QIF file to import back to 2007.

The benefit is, I might actually be able to fix all of the stupid things Mint did with investment transactions.

Kinda speedy but whatever. I'd pay this to manage everything and budget in one place.
    I just started with YNAB. Like it so far.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Finally broke down and subscribed to Quicken. I've been using Mint for like 17 years. I figured out a way to pull complete transaction data from Mint (not the CSV, the entire dataset) since they're closing down in 20 days.

Spent the last few hours building a spreadsheet to parse the tags, categories, memos, etc to build a custom QIF file to import back to 2007.

The benefit is, I might actually be able to fix all of the stupid things Mint did with investment transactions.

Kinda spendy but whatever. I'd pay this to manage everything and budget in one place.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 03-01-2024, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Also it got them headlines.
    Bingo. They got what they wanted.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Culver’s onion rings are my go-to side there. Like you said, their fries are atrocious and the cheese curds are just too indulgent.
    Onion rings are the only thing I’ve gotten there I didn’t care for. Their fries def aren’t the greatest but are still decent enough. I think the key to their success is the food comes out super hot(except cement mixers.)

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Lmfao. I nailed it. Happy hour pricing.
    Also it got them headlines.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    All I have is chain link and that’s way up this week too. I casually check it as I put a few grand in a few years ago, watched it go way up, pulled out my initial investment so now it’s just funsies

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I knew someone was going to say that. But I just try to stay away from deep fried cheese as much as humanly possible. Like there's a little angel sitting on my shoulder whispering "Dude, you got the burger. The curds are just too much."

So I suffer through the fries.
    Culver’s onion rings are my go-to side there. Like you said, their fries are atrocious and the cheese curds are just too indulgent.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Doge is up $.03 so that is likely just meme nerds trading on the rest of the market for funsies since there is a Bull Market right now.

From what I gather...BTC is rallying because of the coming halving in April. It seems the "experts" expect a correction after that but I wouldn't be surprised if it stays hot until then. Then people will start selling off and it will drop after the halving. (Which they do to control supply and inflation)

I still own some crypto from a few years back. My portfolio has jumped 25% in the last week. Ethereum is up (the bulk of my crypto) almost $500 in the last week.

I can't speak to Tether...but there are better stable coins than that that people use to buy (USDC is not a ponzi scheme like Tether was) so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    There's something going on with crypto right now. THe last several days have seen massive rallies in BTC and doge. But tether has been struggling to maintain even $0.97 (dropping to $.91 several times in the last month) when it should be at 0.99-1.01 almost constantly. IIRC, tether is extremely important to the trading of bitcoin - somethign like half of all bitcoin transactions are done with tether to help keep costs low. SOmething like that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X