Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Seems like Seattle and someone else (Capitals)

Kinda disappointed they didn't include MLS (but included WNBA and NASCAR?) but The Athletic had already wrote about that.
    Even Seattle has some donations to either bipartisan or GOP.

The only Dem-only NHL donors were the Capitals ($163,513), Coyotes ($8,300), and Bettman ($1,000).
    Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 10-28-2020, 10:11 PM.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• The Sharks majority owner is a 76 year old German, oddly enough.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        The Sharks majority owner is a 76 year old German, oddly enough.
        SAP Center makes a lot of sense now.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          The Sharks majority owner is a 76 year old German, oddly enough.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Or the playoffs!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• We are all Diahianna Serraty.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                In case you were wondering how Sports Owners donated their political $$$

Not that it was a surprise that billionaires lean republican, but I didn't think it would be an 80/20 margin....
                Billie Jean King owns (at least partially) the Dodgers? Kelly Loeffler owns the Atlanta Dream?

Pohlad dotaning to Dems was...unexpected.
                Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 10-29-2020, 05:28 AM.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• GDP up 33%, but that follows a 31% drop and, because math, is not back where we started yet.

Expect Trump to crow the big numbers with no understanding of them. To be fair, (to be fair, to be faaaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr......) I don't *fully* get them either, but I understand them better than POTUS.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• To be fair has never been the same in our household.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      GDP up 33%, but that follows a 31% drop and, because math, is not back where we started yet.
                      This needs to be repeated, as a lot of dip****s will not understand it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

This needs to be repeated, as a lot of dip****s will not understand it.
                        https://mobile.***********/atrupar/s...15127079952384

Comment

• Well at least the Dow is up...a robust 15 points!

I do find it hilarious that CNBC is having quite the circle jerk about the earnings reports in 4 hours...even if they admit it wont likely be enough to save anything.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Oh FFS. I predicted that. *facepalm*

There is even a pretty handy graphic going around showing that the rebound doesn't make us whole again. How in the world does the self-appointed best deal making businessman in the history of business not understand this?!?
                            Last edited by aparch; 10-29-2020, 11:46 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Well at least the Dow is up...a robust 15 points!

I do find it hilarious that CNBC is having quite the circle jerk about the earnings reports in 4 hours...even if they admit it wont likely be enough to save anything.
                              I'm laughing enjoying it too. Seems they have learned nothing all week as earning reports have come in favorably for all companies, yet stocks keep dipping. They didn't understand why Microsoft, after a great earnings report, was going to open lower this morning.

Squawk on the Street was a hoot this morning as they were ripping into Jim Cramer for parroting GOP talking points. "Jim, were you talking to your DC pals this morning? Like your buddy Jack Nicklaus?"

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I'm laughing enjoying it too. Seems they have learned nothing all week as earning reports have come in favorably for all companies, yet stocks keep dipping. They didn't understand why Microsoft, after a great earnings report, was going to open lower this morning.

Squawk on the Street was a hoot this morning as they were ripping into Jim Cramer for parroting GOP talking points. "Jim, were you talking to your DC pals this morning? Like your buddy Jack Nicklaus?"
                                Cramer yesterday on one of the shows (not his I wont watch that trash) was about as honest as I have seen him since Jon Stewart destroyed him. He basically said it is time to bake in COVID and accept this is going nowhere and it is going to have an affect on everything. I may be misremembering but it seemed like he was saying that they need to stop being so down on how little things are picking up or it will drag down the market for quite some time.

Now Cramer sucks, and he is obviously trying to help his friends by making sure there isnt any sort of real crash but he is right. I realize it is "Earnings Week" and the market is super volatile because of the election and the Pandemic and a dozen other factors but it does kind does seem like many of these clowns are waiting for that big recovery, the bounce back. (not vaccine related) That isnt going to happen. Things are going to be down into second quarter next year unless a vaccine hits. (and even that wont fix everything) Without one everything is going to be down. Just because it is down though doesnt mean it is over it just means you have to change strategies and mindsets. If you are down 20 points in the second quarter of a football game you havent lost yet. You also cant get back into it with just one play or one drive. You need to chip away, chip away and get it to a much better position and hope something breaks your way.

I will say the Halftime Report is being pretty honest about all this. Even when they get super high about something like Apple or Amazon...it is tempered with the fact that as soon as the election is contested the market is going slow down and while the inauguration will lead to a recovery that will be held back until at least one of the drug companies shows positivity out of Phase 3 Trials and that will then be hampered by distribution.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X