This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Never used to be!!!"
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

THAT'S OUR MOOKIE!
      Always remember to check one’s WWMD bracelet!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• TikTok and WeChat (WeChat being the bigger of the two) have until Sunday to kick the football from Lucy before Trump shuts them out of the US.

Official letters from the WH and Commerce Secretary state that both will have to be blocked from downloads from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Current users can still use the service, but any updates to the app would not be available (unless you sideload them on Android?).

Also, WeChat has a PayPal type feature which will also be disabled from working in the US.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So El Hefty couldnt get his finders fee for the Oracle Deal so it got scrapped? I havent followed the story that much cause I have no feelings about Tik Tok.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• His argument all along has been that this is a national security issue, so now it seems the only conclusion we can draw is that he'd be willing to sell out our national security for the right price.

But I guess we already knew that.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

His argument all along has been that this is a national security issue, so now it seems the only conclusion we can draw is that he'd be willing to sell out our national security for the right price.

Sicatoka is very concerned...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

His argument all along has been that this is a national security issue, so now it seems the only conclusion we can draw is that he'd be willing to sell out our national security for the right price.

There's a hotel in Moscow just waiting to prove you correct.

But anyway, its already been proven, as he sold out the Kurds to protect his Trump Org operations in Turkey.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• The long road back from Reagan's disaster begins.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The long road back from Reagan's disaster begins.
                    This already becoming issue 1a this November. By far more commercial time spent on this than any other issue thus far...

Adding a wrinkle to this is that obviously much of the wealth is in the Chicago area... How many D voters around here will vote to protect their personal interests? That is gonna be the deciding factor... For most people this will simply split along party lines, thus Chicago vs everyone else in the state....
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

The long road back from Reagan's disaster begins.
                      To add to RaceBoarders post, there is a LOT of push back in the suburbs, of both the Fair Tax and Pritzker in general, and this likely isn't going to pass in Illinois. The City is a crap shoot on supporting this, but enough confusion has been raised to make this fail state wide.

In theory, this is good. The confusion comes from the "open door" the fair tax leaves in allowing the state legislature to raise taxes when they feel like it. While they say that the "common" person won't see a tax increase, the vague-ness of it being open ended is where the panic is being drawn to.

Add to it the history of mis-management by Illinois lawmakers (by both parties) means a lot of people aren't thinking too kindly of this.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Oh, and don't forget the growing hate for anyone Illinois Majority Speaker Mike Madigan has interacted with which includes half the City. Especially after his latest stunt.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This already becoming issue 1a this November. By far more commercial time spent on this than any other issue thus far...

Adding a wrinkle to this is that obviously much of the wealth is in the Chicago area... How many D voters around here will vote to protect their personal interests? That is gonna be the deciding factor... For most people this will simply split along party lines, thus Chicago vs everyone else in the state....
                          In my experience, rich liberals favor higher taxes as long as there are no exceptions for GOP (and often also Dem) bottle-fed bribers.

I am all for raising my taxes 10 percentage points as long as we raise everybody above me that 10%, or more, also.

Of course passing that is dependent on removing bribery from Congress. Give every American a personal limit of $1000 for political contributions. All other forms of influence from PACs, union contributions, and lobbying should be made illegal. Accepting any other form of contribution for the Member or their office or campaign, family, or other interests, should be made illegal. All Members' meetings should be public. Buying votes, or even access, and conspiring with donors or others should be criminal.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-20-2020, 09:15 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• As we head into Q4, I assume this is where we really start to see attrition pile up. I'm already seeing a huge push from restaurants around Chicago to get something done because once they lose their outdoor seating after the weather turns, their razor thin operations margin that they've been surviving on disappears. Also gonna be interesting to see how holiday spending changes, as many people are feeling the pinch.

2020 is really the gift that keeps on giving....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              As we head into Q4, I assume this is where we really start to see attrition pile up. I'm already seeing a huge push from restaurants around Chicago to get something done because once they lose their outdoor seating after the weather turns, their razor thin operations margin that they've been surviving on disappears. Also gonna be interesting to see how holiday spending changes, as many people are feeling the pinch.

2020 is really the gift that keeps on giving....
                              We will see businesses go all out because they know that if/when a real government is reinstalled in January they are going to lose their cover for killing people. In particular companies forcing their employees back to work will be held liable.

There's time for one last rush to monetize the piles of bodies before the fun stops.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• The house of cards are precariously close to collapse. Corporate America might be turning against Trump. CNBC Radio had breaking news on my drive home (can't find s link tho)... over 3,000 companies have joined together to file multiple lawsuits against the Trump Administration for a refund of the tarriffs against China that have impacted them.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X