X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    True. But we also need to start taxing the ever living **** out of everyone who has more than one residence and use that to build more housing
    That and houses over a certain size should have to pay some sort of tax when they are built. Large houses(5k+ sq ft) are an incredibly inefficient use of finite resources.

My interest rate comment was more on the developer side than buyer side.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Did you see the student who held the “we have more lakes than you” sign? That dummy needs to be taken down
    I swiftly corrected the record. "Lakes". We don't name our puddles in Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I'm mostly just surprised I managed to type that out while pretty tuned up out in Madison at 1 AM after a gopher win.
    Did you see the student who held the “we have more lakes than you” sign? That dummy needs to be taken down

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    True. But we also need to start taxing the ever living **** out of everyone who has more than one residence and use that to build more housing
    I'm mostly just surprised I managed to type that out while pretty tuned up out in Madison at 1 AM after a gopher win.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Maybe. But people can get ****ed. You can choose between full employment, low rates, and low prices. Pick two.

Like seriously. "Oh I want a cheap house and cheap rates now that I have a job"

Get bent.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Think housing is mostly because of interest rates.
    Maybe. But people can get ****ed. You can choose between full employment, low rates, and low prices. Pick two.

Like seriously. "Oh I want a cheap house and cheap rates now that I have a job"

Get bent.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Its because people keep buying and selling and then renting out second properties.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Its because people keep buying and selling and then renting out second properties.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    US jobs report out.

actual nearly doubled the estimate of new jobs. Revisions were up 27k per month for 2023. All other metrics were mainly in line. UER dropped.

some troubling numbers in the housing starts. Not sure what that's about.
    Larry Kudlow either sobered up briefly or was drunker than usual on Fox Business today. Saw a Thread screenshot where he said 'The economy is trucking along just fine; maybe stop politicizing it and be happy for once.'

*Edit* Found it again:
    https://www.threads.net/@aaron.rupar...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    US jobs report out.

actual nearly doubled the estimate of new jobs. Revisions were up 27k per month for 2023. All other metrics were mainly in line. UER dropped.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Lots of videos of unsafe things with the truck...what a boondoggle!

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    In shocking news to nobody, the cyber truck has these wheel cover things that are not round. As such, any time the truck hits a bump or leans into a corner it rubs against the sidewall of the tire and causes damage.

Edit: forgot to add that said tires are specially made for the vehicle
    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 02-02-2024, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    US jobs report out.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    US safety regulators have upgraded their investigation into Tesla vehicles over power steering loss into engineering analysis

not Elmo’s best week

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah...sad thing is that probably how the investor calls sound.
    LOL. This is so bitingly true and so sad.

Finance 80 years ago might have been a bunch of Tom Buchanans and Roger Sterlings sitting in Louis XIV chairs, reminiscing about their days at the yacht club, but at least they knew what they were doing.

Last edited by Kepler; 02-01-2024, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X