This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I spent 2 minutes trying to figure how to close my account, got bored with it and just deleted the app. Meh. How many others out there like me are there, adding to the abandonment rate?
    That's the way to do it. If you delete your account then after 30 days someone could take your name and pretend to be you. That makes it very easy to commit fraud, especially with the cybersecurity at Twitter pretty much nonexistent now. Just keep your name but delete the app and stop tweeting.

Comment

• Nibyism gone wild https://www.boston.com/news/environm...1=hp_secondary

Seriously **** those *****.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Twitter is degrading at a very very rapid rate. I expect it to be MySpace within a month.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• What's that like Kepler likes to post? "Believe them when they say who they are?"

It was a little TOO on-the-nose of the Boring Company to name their drilling rig Godot. (For you non historical literary fans, search the plot of "Waiting for Godot.")

https://twitter.com/henrygrabar/stat...58739938476036
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Twitter is degrading at a very very rapid rate. I expect it to be MySpace within a month.
            Too many corporate entities are on it still. Twitter is still the unofficial agreed upon short form information provider. When agencies like traffic reports, local news, and socially active brands start moving to other short form platforms, then Twitter will die.

TL;DR: Not until KwikTrip@mastodon.social is a legit account will Twitter be dead.

*edit* I take that back. Find which platform the sex workers are moving to, for they're the ones who truly control the direction (ie: VCRs vs LaserDisk, BluRay vs HD-DVD, Facebook vs MySpace).
            Last edited by aparch; 11-29-2022, 10:45 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              What's that like Kepler likes to post? "Believe them when they say who they are?"

It was a little TOO on-the-nose of the Boring Company to name their drilling rig Godot. (For you non historical literary fans, search the plot of "Waiting for Godot.")

Samuel Beckett is the only person to play first class cricket and win a Nobel prize. There is a theory that Godot is an allegory for cricket as Beckett was a talented all-rounder but never picked up a wicket in the couple first class games he played.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Nibyism gone wild https://www.boston.com/news/environm...1=hp_secondary

Seriously **** those *****.
                Why don't you listen to them, and try to understand their concerns?

Don't be so divisive.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Why don't you listen to them, and try to understand their concerns?

Don't be so divisive.
                  Because making a kid in a wheelchair roll up a 700' ramp every morning will build character (and arm muscles)

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    What's that like Kepler likes to post? "Believe them when they say who they are?"

This one was in my feed today - I assumed that you'd seen the same story. Well, I guess it is same story, different town:

Elon Musk's Boring Company Ghosts Cities Across America (msn.com)

But Boring's bait-and-switch did get San Bernardino to kill plans for their light rail, so Musk probably achieved what he was looking for in the first place.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• North Haverbrook, Ogdenville, and Brockway are all thrilled with their tunnels.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

This one was in my feed today - I assumed that you'd seen the same story. Well, I guess it is same story, different town:

Elon Musk's Boring Company Ghosts Cities Across America (msn.com)

But Boring's bait-and-switch did get San Bernardino to kill plans for their light rail, so Musk probably achieved what he was looking for in the first place.
                        Yep. Same story popped up for me.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Mastodon is never going to be a thing...no matter how much people try to push it. Hell falls the ones pimping it have already stopped and started pimping Post.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Far be it from me to use a phrase like shadow banning but I have noticed tweets that used to get a few thousand impressions now get dozens. Maybe. I have tweets from yesterday and today that have <20 impressions. All that is going to do is inspire me not to use the site anymore. It is NOT going to inspire me to shell out $8/month for a megaphone.

Comment

• Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I've heard of trunknutz but this is ridickulous!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X