Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Didn't BMW try this?
    Yep.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • I almost didn't click this, but it's a surprisingly good article from the NY POst
      https://nypost.com/2022/08/21/auto-g...asic-features/

      Sounds like it's been getting worse and worse right under our noses. I didn't know that some companies are charging for FOB remote start. That's insane. But it would also be pretty easy to have an aftermarket system installed. So I really don't understand why automakers are going this route. The value has to be there. If it costs $500 for a remote start system to be installed, you're talking 100 months at $5/month to make it worth it.

      That said, states are already considering bans on subscription services for cars. I think when this starts to get out of hand, California will probably step in to save the Union. again. Either way, it's a disturbing trend and as it gets more attention, it attracts eyeballs from regulators.

      Edit: Sounds like NJ was already floating bills to ban the practice.

      Edit 2: What happens if this goes unchecked is the desire to "jailbreak" cars and potentially do some not-so-good things for everyone on the road. The government must step in but I'm guessing it will just be a ban on jailbreaking instead of doing the right thing.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-23-2022, 04:10 PM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

        You used to buy a plane ticket.
        now you’re charged for reserved seat. Charged for baggage. Charged for food. I’m exaggerating a bit here but I hate the service model of “buy this’ but everything else costs more to use it
        Then there are all the hotels charging a mandatory "resort fee" or "destination fee" for things like the fitness center and long distance phone calls (in 2022, lol).

        Comment


        • So Elon fired more engineers this week for code not being satisfactory.

          these engineers signed up to be hardcore, but only getting a months severance instead of the 4 months the others got.

          I hope everything he owns burns to the ground

          https://twitter.com/alexeheath/statu...NV2SsjqOPycpmw

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            So Elon fired more engineers this week for code not being satisfactory.

            these engineers signed up to be hardcore, but only getting a months severance instead of the 4 months the others got.

            I hope everything he owns burns to the ground

            https://twitter.com/alexeheath/statu...NV2SsjqOPycpmw
            Safe to say this is going to end up as a H1B visa skeleton crew? I don’t know how anyone could stay who has a choice.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

            1966, 1986, 2007

            Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

              Safe to say this is going to end up as a H1B visa skeleton crew? I don’t know how anyone could stay who has a choice.
              Yes. The only way anybody would work for him is if he confiscates their passport.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                Yes. The only way anybody would work for him is if he confiscates their passport.
                It's like our very own system of Kafala...

                Comment


                • I liked when he did a victory lap because racist tweets were down to pre spike levels. Nothing like taking credit for putting out the fire you caused...

                  edit: Saw this as a new nickname for Elon...

                  Twitilla the Hun
                  Last edited by Handyman; 11-24-2022, 05:47 PM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    Didn't BMW try this?
                    And as far as I'm aware, it succeeded. Apple Carplay and Android Auto are free to automakers, and BMW has locked it behind their subscription package.

                    Former coworker actually walked out of his dealer he said when the lease he wanted would have less free features than the lease he had now.

                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                    Live Radio from 100.3

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by aparch View Post

                      And as far as I'm aware, it succeeded. Apple Carplay and Android Auto are free to automakers, and BMW has locked it behind their subscription package.

                      Former coworker actually walked out of his dealer he said when the lease he wanted would have less free features than the lease he had now.
                      And that's the only way to combat this.

                      I've never had any interest in (or income for) a BMW or Mercedes so I'll continue to do my part. :-)
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                      Comment


                      • Well my twat of a sister and her criminal husband drive BMW's exclusively...so yeah fuck BMWs :^D
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          my twat of a sister and her criminal husband
                          You could absolutely pitch this to Netflix as a series.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Well my twat of a sister and her criminal husband drive BMW's exclusively...so yeah fuck BMWs :^D
                            Ahh BMW drivers, just slight less worse than Tesla and Audi drivers. Oh, Dodge too.

                            Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                            KDR

                            Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                            Test to see if I can add this.

                            Comment


                            • Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Hope Abdul likes a challenge.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X