Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    My aunt was VP of a major bank, and she flat out said VP doesn't mean sh*.

    The big biz companies...a lot gets lost in the translation, so to speak.
    Could your aunt make million dollar decisions on behalf of the branch without prior authorization and zero oversight? Cause that is what you are suggesting happened here.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Could your aunt make million dollar decisions on behalf of the branch without prior authorization and zero oversight? Cause that is what you are suggesting happened here.
      If I ask for $10 million in funding for a project, I don’t just ask the CEO for it. I have about four tiers of reviews and then the actual approval touches no fewer than four people’s desks before a single VP sees it. Then it probably touches another two VPs, an EVP, CFO, then the CEO.

      There are very few large dollar transactions even internally that the CEO doesn’t approve.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

        Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        My firm has 4000 VPs what is your point?? You are wrong, flat out, and you can never, ever admit it. Are you my mother??
        The above helps show my point. 4000 VPs? Even with exaggeration, it shows how worthless that title is.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          The above helps show my point. 4000 VPs? Even with exaggeration, it shows how worthless that title is.
          No, it does not. I’m not agreeing with you on anything. I don’t give a rats azz what your aunt did. Huge loans from high profile gov programs don’t escape attention of the TOP c level.

          Lots of other guys here refuting you also, you seem to want to argue with me

          Comment


          • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

            Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            No, it does not. I’m not agreeing with you on anything. I don’t give a rats azz what your aunt did. Huge loans from high profile gov programs don’t escape attention of the TOP c level.

            Lots of other guys here refuting you also, you seem to want to argue with me
            No, not really (sh*, that denial doesn't help my stance ). If you have 4000 VPs, that position really isn't as important as the title suggests it is. That is all I am saying.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

            Comment


            • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

              Honestly, if this is what a toddler is like, I’m glad I didn’t have kids.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Honestly, if this is what a toddler is like, I’m glad I didn’t have kids.
                Ditto. It's exhausting.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                  So slight change of topic, but not by much; I'm slightly annoyed with the finger pointing articles at large publicly traded companies that don't have the liquidity AND meet employee cap set forth in the spirit (and recently formalized) of the PPP loan.

                  These companies actually need it, and yet they're being lumped in with the large corps who obviously scammed the system.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                    Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    So slight change of topic, but not by much; I'm slightly annoyed with the finger pointing articles at large publicly traded companies that don't have the liquidity AND meet employee cap set forth in the spirit (and recently formalized) of the PPP loan.

                    These companies actually need it, and yet they're being lumped in with the large corps who obviously scammed the system.
                    This is in line with my views.

                    This is not black and white. There is a bit of gray in there. The general public see the bottom dollar of a big company and then go on a rampage. Step back, look at the details and process, then judge.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                    Comment


                    • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                      Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      So slight change of topic, but not by much; I'm slightly annoyed with the finger pointing articles at large publicly traded companies that don't have the liquidity AND meet employee cap set forth in the spirit (and recently formalized) of the PPP loan.

                      These companies actually need it, and yet they're being lumped in with the large corps who obviously scammed the system.
                      Examples?

                      Because large companies complaining about liquidity should sell their stock to raise money. God I ****ing hate bailouts to these companies when they’ve been buying back billions in stock for years.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Examples?

                        Because large companies complaining about liquidity should sell their stock to raise money. God I ****ing hate bailouts to these companies when they’ve been buying back billions in stock for years.
                        .
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Examples?
                          https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/public-companies-split-on-whether-to-return-small-business-loans.html

                          Davis said the PPP loan helps him keep his 215 skilled workers on the job at Digimarc, a Beaverton, Oregon-based tech company that creates invisible digital identifiers for everything from driver's licenses to bank notes. The SBA funds are critical, he said, since the company is currently operating at a loss and only generates some $23 million in annual revenue.

                          "The notion that we're a big tech company with access to big capital is flawed," he said. "To return [the PPP funds] would be breaching fiduciary duty."
                          "Biolase has approximately 150 employees and is well under the 500-employee defined maximum for companies to participate in the PPP," company spokesman Todd Kehrli wrote in an email. He added that Biolase doesn't have plans to return the funds.

                          "Given the current economic situation, it was unlikely Biolase could access public equity markets to raise cash to help make up for the significant lost revenue we experienced," he added. "The PPP was essential in helping maintain Biolase as a viable business moving forward."

                          Others emphasized that being public doesn't necessarily mean access to sufficient capital whenever needed. That's especially true among small- or micro-cap companies, said Audrey Chang, a spokeswoman for travel company Lindblad Expeditions.

                          "Lindblad does not have a substantial market value, rather it is a micro-cap company with a $250 million market capitalization. The company does not have ready access to capital, although we are exploring these options," she wrote in an email.
                          I do agree that some companies should be selling stocks they're sitting on to raise capital; but yet these companies seem to be in line with the spirit of the original rules.

                          I'll listen to those smarter than I explain why these companies should be burned at the stake.
                          Last edited by aparch; 04-27-2020, 10:25 PM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                          Live Radio from 100.3

                          Comment


                          • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                            Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            [I do agree that some companies should be selling stocks they're sitting on to raise capital; but yet these companies seem to be in line with the spirit of the original rules.

                            I'll listen to those smarter than I explain why these companies should be burned at the stake.
                            You implied these were large publicly traded companies
                            Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            So slight change of topic, but not by much; I'm slightly annoyed with the finger pointing articles at large publicly traded companies that don't have the liquidity AND meet employee cap set forth in the spirit (and recently formalized) of the PPP loan.

                            These companies actually need it, and yet they're being lumped in with the large corps who obviously scammed the system.
                            I assumed you meant large corps. Not those as small as digimarc. I misunderstood.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I assumed you meant large corps. Not those as small as digimarc. I misunderstood.
                              My mistake. I was unsure how to express that they're small companies who have a large presence in the stock market.

                              It seems like companies like Digimarc have been lumped in with Shake Shack and others when discussing the leeches on the PPP loans.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                              Live Radio from 100.3

                              Comment


                              • Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

                                Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                My mistake. I was unsure how to express that they're small companies who have a large presence in the stock market.

                                It seems like companies like Digimarc have been lumped in with Shake Shack and others when discussing the leeches on the PPP loans.
                                That, and please correct if I am wrong, where are franchises in this? Can they apply since they are not corporate?
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X