Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Not yet. Lacking infrastructure here in Minnesota. Quite a few hybrids out there though.
    I have several friends in twin cities who have no issue with their EV and charging

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Anyone on here have an EV? I figured you guys would be first in line ?
      Before COVID I was about to put my name down...my bank account will no longer allow it unless I get back to my previous level of pay. I lost a solid quarter of my salary.

Scooby,

There is like a dozen Tesla's in and around my neighborhood and there is plenty of charging stations. (lots of HyVees around) I could definitely make it work.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

That doesn't work for overnight trips and vacations.
        It does if you know how to plan a trip. Lots of restaurants in the road trip areas (like say Tomah, WI where every road trip to East of here stops) have charging stations in their parking lots. Hell Teslas have an app that will point you to the nearest stations and help you map your route.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hell no. Not yet. Evs are too expensive, too small, or support fascism
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I have several friends in twin cities who have no issue with their EV and charging
            Yeah, everywhere I go now has several charging stations. Work has dozens and dozens. Hy-Vee has a full super charger plus normal ev plugs. It's everywhere
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It does if you know how to plan a trip. Lots of restaurants in the road trip areas (like say Tomah, WI where every road trip to East of here stops) have charging stations in their parking lots. Hell Teslas have an app that will point you to the nearest stations and help you map your route.
              Tomah, Wisconsin. Brings back memories of many family road trips to Nashville that generally stopped first in either Menomonie* or Tomah. I remember stopping near Tomah during a blizzard to drive the final six-ish hours home from a road trip I took with my Dad to Boston when I was 16 or 17.
              As for the question at hand by another obvious Susan Collins supporter, my next car will be an EV. They’ll be cheaper, or I’ll be more suited to afford one, and maybe Kentucky will double its statewide charging stations from 5 to 10.

Comment

Prius prime, so I can charge at home and use that for a vast majority, but still fall back on gas if need be. Around 150 MPG so far.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• When I was in MN last Aug - Oct I was surprised by how many Teslas I saw stalled out particularly on 394 to/from Wayzata and Minneapolis. No idea if these were due to running out of charge or not.

Comment

• In Maine you can go here find charging stations. https://www.efficiencymaine.com/eveh...&show_map=true I assume Minnesota has a similar website. I know Shell Oil is offering to help finance dealers installing charging stations. I would expect they will be pay at the pump type stations, swipe your card and pay for the KWs used.

As far as long trips go, you have to plan where you can recharge.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not the point I was replying to.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Prius prime, so I can charge at home and use that for a vast majority, but still fall back on gas if need be. Around 150 MPG so far.
                        I have a friend that is a used car dealer ( www.astcars.me ) who for the most part only sells Prius. He drives one with 450,000 miles on it. Most of his are older but once and awhile He will get a plug in Prius. Very reliable cars. Right now they are hard to find at prices he wants to pay, once gas prices when up, availability of used high MPG cars went down.

Comment

There is like a dozen Tesla's in and around my neighborhood and there is plenty of charging stations. (lots of HyVees around) I could definitely make it work.
                          Meijer grocery stores in Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin have Tesla charging stations.

Are Tesla chargers universal? I thought the automakers were still dicking around with proprietary chargers?

And honestly, if Chevy put a gas generator in a Silverado (like the Volt was set up), I'd have one in my driveway by the end of the year. Pure EV is a no-go for me right now.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• When I bought my current car in 2020, I said at the time it might be my last combustion vehicle. When I go to replace it, probably in the late 2020s, there's a good chance it will be an EV.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Meijer grocery stores in Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin have Tesla charging stations.

Are Tesla chargers universal? I thought the automakers were still dicking around with proprietary chargers?

And honestly, if Chevy put a gas generator in a Silverado (like the Volt was set up), I'd have one in my driveway by the end of the year. Pure EV is a no-go for me right now.
                              Tesla stations can only be used by Teslas. You can recharge a tesla anywhere as you get adapters.

Comment

I have a friend that is a used car dealer ( www.astcars.me ) who for the most part only sells Prius. He drives one with 450,000 miles on it. Most of his are older but once and awhile He will get a plug in Prius. Very reliable cars. Right now they are hard to find at prices he wants to pay, once gas prices when up, availability of used high MPG cars went down.
                                Yes my previous car was a 2006 Prius that lasted me 15 years. I could have kept it going, but we were getting to the point where the fixes cost as much as the value of the car; plus we just bought a house where I now had easy access to a plug in the garage (as opposed to street parking before), so it seemed like a good time to upgrade. Overall Toyota's have been incredibly reliable for my family, so I'm gonna keep riding the winning hand.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X