Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

You mean a company that makes 1/10 the cars of GM shouldn't have the same market cap?!
    20x is not spelled “same”
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

You mean a company that makes 1/10 the cars of GM shouldn't have the same market cap?!
      I saw an interesting graph on market cap of the top ten carmakers sorted by cap. Tesla was more than the rest combined. Granted, the others have $600B+ in long term debt. But still! It's insane.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sina Weibo
        Forgot about them. Sina Weibo will buy Twitter, Tencent will just steal the tech.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          20x is not spelled “same”
          OK, I don't remember the actual numbers, but my point stands. :P

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I think whoever suggested Tesla and Chrysler merging was likely the closest to reality. I will bet the Twitter debacle will hasten that...

Twitter will go to some Asian company 90% of the West has never heard of but uses all the time.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Twitter will go to some Asian company 90% of the West has never heard of but uses all the time.
              So Tencent...

Edit: Chrysler is part that conglomerate with Fiat and Peugeot so I doubt they buy Tesla.
              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 04-26-2022, 01:39 PM.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                So Tencent...

Edit: Chrysler is part that conglomerate with Fiat and Peugeot so I doubt they buy Tesla.
                Why...about as many people drive Fiats in America as Tesla's :^o

(I dont know if that is true...I just find Fiat's hilariously hideous)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why...about as many people drive Fiats in America as Tesla's :^o

(I dont know if that is true...I just find Fiat's hilariously hideous)
                  Nothing to do with Fiat, I just don't see a massive conglomerate based in Amsterdam wanting to buy Tesla.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Who knows...they bought Chrysler and I'm not sure half of Americans even realize they still make cars!

Remember companies are dumb too!
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Well today it isn't the bigots that are swarming twitter...it is the morons discussing Ivermectin. All because a ****wit who people believe is a genius is going to launder his money through Twitter. The same ****wit who called the people saving the children pedophiles.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well today it isn't the bigots that are swarming twitter...it is the morons discussing Ivermectin. All because a ****wit who people believe is a genius is going to launder his money through Twitter. The same ****wit who called the people saving the children pedophiles.
                        If the movies blow, just don't go.

The humans can reduce twitter to nothing by just leaving.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Chrysler doesn't have an EV wing as far as the other major corps do, right? That would make them pretty interested because gas powered vehicles will be banned within our lifetimes from several major markets.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If the movies blow, just don't go.

The humans can reduce twitter to nothing by just leaving.
                            Really...how did that work out for Facebook?

Plenty are leaving but most of the people I follow (non-entertainment people) are staying to face down the madness. We will see how long I last but I don't think ceding the Rhineland to the Nazis is the right play just yet.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Really...how did that work out for Facebook?

Plenty are leaving but most of the people I follow (non-entertainment people) are staying to face down the madness. We will see how long I last but I don't think ceding the Rhineland to the Nazis is the right play just yet.
                              Who provides Twitter with its server services? If they run afoul of Amazon’s or Google’s TOS, they will find themselves in 8chanland, except that whoever’s servers won’t have the capacity to provide reliable service. That will kill Twitter.

Actually, what May save Twitter is the EU and it’s content requirements. If Musk wants Twitter in Europe, then it has to abide.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Tesla will be a division of Fiat Chrysler by 2030.

(Or Musk buys FCA just to disrupt the dealership model globally.)
                                Dammit, where can I put $20 on this?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X