This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

WaPo went with " ... difficult for even the most sophisticated hackers to fake ... "

And NYT (buried in here; their investigators also authenticated the emails) believes the emails are real also.
    Asked and answered, counselor.

The vast majority of the data - and most of the nearly 129,000 emails it contained - could not be verified by either of the two security experts who reviewed the data for The Post. Neither found clear evidence of tampering in their examinations, but some of the records that might have helped verify contents were not available for analysis, they said.
    Neither expert reported finding evidence that individual emails or other files had been manipulated by hackers, but neither was able to rule out that possibility.
    You gotta up your troll game. Right now you're just a sad and pathetic loser.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Yes, it is official per Reuters. Musk has bought Twitter.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• In any event, explain to me what nasty things the "confirmed, not faked" emails say.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Wasn't there a Star Trek episode where they planted a fake data chip on someone and then blew up his ship, damaging the chip thereby making it seem legitimate because any errors would be attributable to the explosion rather than forgery?

This seems remarkably similar...

Comment

• Question on the fiduciary responsibility of Twitter's board. Could they have rejected this offer if they believed the value of Twitter was really $30/share?
            Actually, back up, how does this even work now? Do shareholders vote?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Well, now that's interesting.... Trading has resumed?
              Code:

Comment

• NYT and WaPo aren't willing to die the "Hunter's Laptop is Fake" hill.

The NYT story talks about specific findings.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Could they have rejected this offer if they believed the value of Twitter was really $30/share?
                  (Admittingly exaggerating, but) Yo, dx, someone wants to buy your car for $100k. You check KBB.com and find it's worth $50k. You gonna say "no deal"?

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Actually, back up, how does this even work now? Do shareholders vote?
                    Assuming there's nothing unique in Twitter's by-laws or Musk's offer, it should follow this path:
                    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tenderoffer.asp

Do we know if there's a number of shares contingency?
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-25-2022, 02:21 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• THought about buying Twitter since it's trading at discount still. I don't think it's worth it. The price has a hard ceiling of $54.20 and if you're only getting $2 premium, that's a 4-5% risk of the deal not going through. That seems very low. All downside risk.

Edit: This makes sense. You should be gauging this against treasuries. Assuming this takes 6 months to close, you're measuring the risk and potential reward against 6-month or 1-year treasuries. If they are going to get you a guaranteed 5% in the time it takes to close, then it obviously doesn't make sense. I thought I read that I Bonds are going to hit guaranteed rates nearing that (annualized) number. So unless you're getting shares at a discount to inflation of some risk valuation, it's not worth it.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-25-2022, 02:41 PM.
                      Code:

Comment

THought about buying Twitter since it's trading at discount still. I don't think it's worth it. The price has a hard ceiling of $54.20 and if you're only getting $2 premium, that's a 4-5% risk of the deal not going through. That seems very low. All downside risk.

Edit: This makes sense. You should be gauging this against treasuries. Assuming this takes 6 months to close, you're measuring the risk and potential reward against 6-month or 1-year treasuries. If they are going to get you a guaranteed 5% in the time it takes to close, then it obviously doesn't make sense. I thought I read that I Bonds are going to hit guaranteed rates nearing that (annualized) number. So unless you're getting shares at a discount to inflation of some risk valuation, it's not worth it.
                        The only ones who are in a good place on this are folks who bought "long" before April 1. If you bought after that dx has the position summed up well. And if you bought on margin in that April window you're razor thin.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• The independent variable is when you think this deal will close. If it you think it will close at the end of the week, then $51.7 is an amazing price. If you think it's going to close in 12 months, you're only earning 4.7% annualized on your investment. Minus any risk (that the deal won't go through) that you want to price in.

So really, there's still value no matter what here, it's just what you think will happen between now and the date he takes control.

i think...
                          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-25-2022, 03:27 PM.
                          Code:

Comment

If it you think it will close at the end of the week, then $51.7 is an amazing price. If you think it's going to close in 12 months, you're only earning 4.7% annualized on your investment.
                            Buy: 51.7
                            Sell: 54.8
                            That's 6% and then subtract trade fees. Under 6%.

In a world of 8+% inflation.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• A block of Tesla shares worth nearly $422 million was sold at 4 PM today. Another block worth $100M was sold at 12:39 PM.

Edit: Total block trades today were worth $1B
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-25-2022, 04:50 PM.
                              Code:

Comment

I thought I read that I Bonds are going to hit guaranteed rates nearing that (annualized) number. So unless you're getting shares at a discount to inflation of some risk valuation, it's not worth it.
                                Should be north of 9% for the next 6 months. Although the 10k annual limit certainly limits the advantage you can take/does not scale to the millions/billions being thrown around in the twitter deal.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X