This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I believe the denominator is the #of people actively seeking work + the people employed. So more like 26.6M/150M or so. Still a high # but maybe another couple of weeks before we hit Great Depression levels.
    Still close. 17.7 using 150.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

In one month vs three years.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comment

He should have taken that victory lap when he had the chance
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Banks / Credit Card companies are silently lowering limits on customer credit cards during this pandemic.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Did my first Instacart delivery today, and someone lowered the tip from $6 something to 2. For a delivery 20 minutes away.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Did my first Instacart delivery today, and someone lowered the tip from $6 something to 2. For a delivery 20 minutes away.
                  I haven't used any of the delivery apps so I'm not very familiar with them, but is the pre-tipping there to entice someone to take your order?

If so, I'm surprised these apps don't have a lockout feature for changing tips. Unless it's a blatant mistake in entering, say >50% of the total or something, it should lock in.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    I haven't used any of the delivery apps so I'm not very familiar with them, but is the pre-tipping there to entice someone to take your order?

If so, I'm surprised these apps don't have a lockout feature for changing tips. Unless it's a blatant mistake in entering, say >50% of the total or something, it should lock in.
                    At least with Door Dash, the tip comes up when I take the order and they can't change it. Instacart, they can. I saw a $50 order today and I almost took it, but thought that looked too good to be true.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      At least with Door Dash, the tip comes up when I take the order and they can't change it. Instacart, they can. I saw a $50 order today and I almost took it, but thought that looked too good to be true.
                      Is there any way for you to leave feedback on users like there is on Lyft/Uber? Also, try networking with other drivers through Facebook or something. I'm sure there is a way to out people who are showing bit tips, but then rescinding them.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Holy ****. That’s horrific. I don’t think we’ve tipped under $15-$20. Usually 15-20% of the order. Our orders have been in the range of $100-$150. The only times we’ve tipped 15% was when the dude didn’t text us for substitutions.

We almost always leave detailed sub notes but sometimes say just “Text for subs” since we’ve gotten burned by people just subbing themselves without asking. If they sub a much higher cost thing without asking, I don’t tip the extra.

We also figured out to tip on our first order from a month-plus ago that we didn’t know how. Felt good to surprise the lady with a very hefty tip. Wish we could have sent a note apologizing.

Regardless, people are ****ing degenerates.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Want to know what nearly unrestrained capitalism looks like?

Speculation, arbitrage, and insider trading: Inside the Magic: The Gathering trading market.

So as an avid MTG player I’ll add a few notes:

1. Wizards of the Coast (or WOTC (pronounced Watt-See) in the MTG community) never comments on anything involving the “secondary market” or sales of single cards. Why? Because if they did it’s believed they’d run into issues with gambling laws and the value of cards in the random booster packs. As far as they’re (publicly)concerned every card is worth the same.

Fun fact: In Germany you have to have a gaming license to hold any kind of Magic tournament with a cash prize. It’s why they don’t hold major tournaments there anymore despite its popularity.

2. The Reserve List is a real thing. Most of the cards on it are actually pretty crap but the playable staples on it are absurdly expensive and drive up deck prices in the older formats like Legacy and Vintage. It came about after a reprint set Chronicles heavily destroyed the value in cards and many collectors were PO’d. They’ve talk about getting rid of it, and even had a meeting with prominent sellers about it, because most players and sellers hate it but promissory estoppel worries seem to be stopping it. It’s actually why formats like the Pioneer one mentioned have come about, because they can control things with reprints and such.

3. Insider trading is almost certainly going on. WOTC is notorious for being a low paying company in the gaming industry and in the Seattle area. It would not be surprising if some employees were selling off info to speculators.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Want to know what nearly unrestrained capitalism looks like?
                            I've seen cemeteries.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Damage we may never recover from.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Damage we may never recover from.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X