No announcement yet.

Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the behavior I see and hear about from friends in the industry is pretty crazy.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And, I hate to say it, but this goes back to why I would not have hired her. A $200K white collar worker is not going to put up with that BS and probably walks off the job after 2 weeks. Someone who’s in collections and about to be evicted will. Simple as that.
      Last edited by LynahFan; 10-26-2021, 06:16 AM.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yeah the behavior I see and hear about from friends in the industry is pretty crazy.
        Can confirm. I worked at Meijer. Someone intentionally left a package of bacon on the rotisserie chicken stand. Cooked it and it had to be tossed.

Someone screamed at our produce team lead, ending his vitriol with "WHITE POWER!" Dude also intentionally wore his mask below his chin, and his mask had "arbeit macht frei" on it.

I had my pronouns on my badge. Got called "he" 10x more.

To be fair, I make more money with Door Dash and Uber Eats than I ever did with Meijer.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Speaking of labor shortages, Wisconsin is totally fine with letting 14 year olds work as late as 11 PM.
          https://thehill.com/changing-america...ork-till-11-pm
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Speaking of labor shortages, Wisconsin is totally fine with letting 14 year olds work as late as 11 PM.
            Pretty much irrelevant. Heck, even Minnesota's child labor laws are more lax than the Fed's.

Unless a business can figure out how to exempt itself from the federal rules, they'll still have to abide by their hours. If your business generates I think something like $500,000 a year in gross revenues, or the employee engages in interstate commerce, you are stuck with the federal rules. Pretty much everyone engages in interstate commerce, given how broadly that is interpreted.
            Last edited by SJHovey; 10-26-2021, 11:07 AM.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Speaking of labor shortages, Wisconsin is totally fine with letting 14 year olds work as late as 11 PM.
              Gotta hustle to re-instill the acceptance of wage slavery from a young age, now that Millennials and Zoomers are realizing it's a dead end.

Comment

So I shouldn't have been working the 7-midnight or the overnight shifts at the local AM/FM radio station back (OK, way back) when I was 15 years old?

What'd I learn in that job? Show up on time, hit your marks, speak slower to go faster, and get out of local radio.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

So I shouldn't have been working the 7-midnight or the overnight shifts at the local AM/FM radio station back (OK, way back) when I was 15 years old?

What'd I learn in that job? Show up on time, hit your marks, speak slower to go faster, and get out of local radio.
                  No

you were a child.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nope. I thought we all agreed child labor is generally not a good thing.

Comment

• This is why the GQP runs to protect THE BAYBEEZ.

Make sure they're born to sell their soul to a company early.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Nope. I thought we all agreed child labor is generally not a good thing.
                        So I shouldn't mention I was working on the farm years before that ...
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Shorter Cafe

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So I shouldn't mention I was working on the farm years before that ...
                            I like how you're proud that you were exploited for cheap labor as a child. Explains a lot.

And before you start pulling your usual schtick, no we're not talking about a lemonade stand, babysitting one night a week, doing household chores, shoveling driveways, or other child appropriate activities.

But yeah, if you were sticking your hand into a combine or other heavy machinery to clear it out because your hand was smaller than your old man's, that was not cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              But yeah, if you were sticking your hand into a combine or other heavy machinery to clear it out because your hand was smaller than your old man's, that was not cool.
                              That's what you do on a family farm. And I'd go and help out on uncles' farms also.

How do you think I learned to weld, drive (cars or field equipment), basic repair, small engine repair, rough construction (framing and electrical), basic machining, and a bunch of other useful skills. Farm kid skills.

What sounds "exploitive" to you is "life skills" to me.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That's what you do on a family farm. And I'd go and help out on uncles' farms also.
                                https://flashbak.com/the-pain-of-chi...8-1924-373062/

There but for the grace of God go thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X