This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I saw rumors of professional traders leasing crude oil tanker ocean ships to store oil because US oil storage capacity is effectively full.
    Dude from Goldman got rich doing this in 1990
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Business, Economics, and Taxes: Capitalism. Yay? >=(

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      That's creativity I'm guessing. Someone found creative ways to take delivery. Watch the news carefully for new oil spills. I wouldn't be shocked if someone literally burned it in one of the red states. Tinfoil hat rumors floating around that oil "spills" are going to dramatically increase as it's more profitable to take delivery and just dump it in the ocean.
      It's now at +$5.50. Who are these companies that couldn't get someone to pay them to store it and are now paying to store it?
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        It's now at +$5.50. Who are these companies that couldn't get someone to pay them to store it and are now paying to store it?
        CNBC is guessing that some hedge funds got caught with their pants down and needed to sell their "investment" because they realized that this late in the contract cycle, anyone trading for oil contracts needs to be able to take physical storage of the oil.

They said that some hedge funds with experience in this buy into contracts very early as a way to make a profit when they flip it as demand rises.

They're also speculating that some inexperienced hedge funds just got wiped out when they realized that they shouldn't be playing in that market.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          They're also speculating that some inexperienced hedge funds just got wiped out when they realized that they shouldn't be playing in that market.
          Luckily many as small businesses.... they will take a loan

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            That's creativity I'm guessing. Someone found creative ways to take delivery. Watch the news carefully for new oil spills. I wouldn't be shocked if someone literally burned it in one of the red states. Tinfoil hat rumors floating around that oil "spills" are going to dramatically increase as it's more profitable to take delivery and just dump it in the ocean.
            About that...
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              That’s a long drive from Oklahoma

Comment

Comment

Un. Fu**ing. Believable.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Un. Fu**ing. Believable.
                    kepler must be so proud

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      kepler must be so proud
                      ? Not sure how this is my doing, but okay.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Republicans always win. Another reason people love to vote for them.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Republicans always win. Another reason people love to vote for them.
                          Gives you some wanking material at least!
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Gives you some wanking material at least!
                            That's two bills and both of them are a ****ing joke.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              That's two bills and both of them are a ****ing joke.
                              Scoobs I just think Nancy Pelosi knows how to handle this better than you. Call me crazy...
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Scoobs I just think Nancy Pelosi knows how to handle this better than you. Call me crazy...
                                No. I know why they're a joke. And I know Nancy did everything she could. That's what happens when one party has to compromise because the other just wants to watch the world burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X