Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Boeing might be having some issues

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67899564.amp

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    More people with money who can afford products and services will surely be the death of the market economy.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Conserv-a-derps are out in full force this week in foodie circles here in Chicagoland. The $14/$8.40 minimum wages is gonna destroy the restaurant world as we know it.

This is coming on the backs of several places announcing that they will be closing their doors.

It's amazing how mad these Derps get when they can't get their pizza and burgers that they like. And then in the very next sentence they are ranting about how someone flipping burgers doesn't deserve $14/hour.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is anybody left but bots, Nazis, and Incels?
    The entirety of the NFL and probably the Russian curling team.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Twitter has lost 71.5% of its value since Elmo took over...that's good right?
    Is anybody left but bots, Nazis, and Incels?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Twitter has lost 71.5% of its value since Elmo took over...that's good right?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    If you come for the King, don't miss.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Cancelled my Prime membership for a few reasons:

- so much of what is sold on Amazon is crap
    - prime shipping isn’t as fast on some things and frankly I don’t order enough
    -ads being forced on tv if you don’t pay extra now. I barely watch prime as it is

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Not just unlocking, but unlatching. These cars don't have handle mechanisms. They just have magnets and buttons that deenergize at certain times from what I understand. So like, you need them to stay latched during a crash but immediately unlatch after. Good luck finding that perfect balance.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Bah. Every car company does it!!!
    -Elmo fanboy

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://www.threads.net/@ktvu2/post/...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Tesla is recalling 120,423 vehicles in the United States over the risk of doors unlocking during a crash, according to a report
    https://ktvu.com/news/tesla-recalls-...k-during-crash
    That ain't good...

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Feel The Burn Elmo

The Reuters Article

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Mook, we don't need to hear about your life experiences.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

A reasonably low vacuum in a 4,000-gallon vessel is hard enough to control. Obviously there are ways to do high vacuum in very large volumes (the NASA cryogenic vacuum building that I thought got decommissioned a number of years ago).

But I agree, even a small partial vacuum over 500 miles would have been immeasurably expensive. I just can't even imagine. For such a relatively small gain in efficiency. Like even if you improved the efficiency by 10x, your capital costs are going to be 1000s of times higher than building two parallel steel rails.

Going from an atmospheric vessel to one rated for full vacuum basically triples the cost. Usually more depending on the alloy involved. And that's for building a vessel, which is already expensive!!
    Shouldn’t all this has be proved out negatively with dudes sticking their wang in the house vacuum tube, expecting to add some inches……

Leave a comment:

Working...
X