Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Bump
    I think you already listed the downside. You’re trading flexibility for higher interest. Assuming it’s fixed, it seems like a no-brainer. The only hesitancy would be if it was variable since rates really have nowhere to go but up at this point.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Cryptos are taking a giant hit today. Doge down 30%, Bitcoin down 13%, its spin-offs as well as Ethereum also down 20%+.

Looks to be fallout from China advising financial institutions to stop engaging in crypto.

Edit: In the time it took me to most this, Doge went down to -40%.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 05-19-2021, 07:53 AM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Pay attention to what's going on with Tether. Crypto markets are about to get a hell of a lot more dangerous
        I forget who said this ;-)
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Cryptos are taking a giant hit today. Doge down 30%, Bitcoin down 13%, its spin-offs as well as Ethereum also down 20%+.

Looks to be fallout from China advising financial institutions to stop engaging in crypto.

Edit: In the time it took me to most this, Doge went down to -40%.
          Is Elon broke yet?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• What happens in a pump and dump when the victims can't be deprogrammed?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• China will flip back and the cryptos will recover...it just is going to take some time. Their prices were ridiculously inflated as it was. (because Chinese companies and Elon were overinflating Bitcoin)

Honestly if you were ever looking to mine crypto or buy in the next few weeks will have the least barrier to entry. Plus there are more environmentally friendly coins that will have little issue surviving this (and are way cheaper than crap like Bitcoin) and will come out way ahead if you get in during the dip.

People like me are having hella fun right now. Then again I am not some clown like the wsb followers who bet their mortgage trying to become a millionaire.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What happens in a pump and dump when the victims can't be deprogrammed?
                Depends on the pump and dump and when you got in. The Doge people who bought over $.20 will be screwed for a while. If you bought at $.06 you are laughing. (especially if you already sold over half at a hefty profit) If you were in at under a penny you aren't even sweating.

Now the Elon lovers who probably invested in Bitcoin before he trashed it? They will lose their shirt and thank him for it cause he is God to them and does no wrong even when he craps on COVID testing.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is Elon broke yet?
                  Better chance Trump wins the Nobel Prize in Physics...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Is this something someone could get into for $100-200 just for Gits and Shiggles? We're at a point where this stuff shouldn't go full-on belly up, but one may need to just buy in and sit for a long time to get their cash out, right?

It does seem like a relatively "safe" play for such low stakes with a potential for a 5-10x return if played right.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Is this something someone could get into for $100-200 just for Gits and Shiggles? We're at a point where this stuff shouldn't go full-on belly up, but one may need to just buy in and sit for a long time to get their cash out, right?

It does seem like a relatively "safe" play for such low stakes with a potential for a 5-10x return if played right.
                      I think I have total invested $400 and pulled out well over twice that so yeah. (with a little more than that just hanging around to see what happens) Wait though because likely we haven't hit bottom yet. For once I timed things just right.

Certain coins are sure to rebound. Ethereum will because they are launching an updated coin and better blockchain. It is down significantly but its new coin will be Proof of Stake (POS) not Proof of Work. (POW) POS coins often give you rewards just for staking. (sometimes 5-6% yearly) Look into those. FYI Doge plans to go POS because Elon said they should...

There are other things on the horizon that will help as well.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• These coins are in serious trouble long term. Even near term is risky. Regulation is coming, oversight is coming, and once the governments start digging, it's over for these frauds.

https://***********/smdiehl/status/1...220465162?s=21
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Certain coins are sure to rebound.
                          The only sure things are death and taxes.

Just ask the Dutch about their tulips.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Modern research suggests that Charles Mackay sensationalized this when he wrote about it in Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. tl; dr: those crazy expensive bulbs were not speculation, they were a precious few unique sources of seeds that mass tulip growers were using to create new varieties. They were intellectual property, not financial instruments.

There were a few cases in which people in the coffee houses speculated, but it wasn't widespread, it was like Sky Masterson betting on which raindrop would run down the window first.

Another great story ruined by facts.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Heck, the Nikkei is still down 30 years later.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Certain coins are sure to rebound.
                                Not snark: why? Maybe it's not just not tenable.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X