Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LynahFan
    replied
    Who wants to be the one to tell him which side Ford was on?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Tldr: If Woke Ford doesn't stop their pledge to switch to EV production, I will have no choice but to buy foreign. Take that, libs!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I wouldn't confuse what Bloomberg is doing as general billionaire schadenfreude. That's old money making fun of new money.

The day Bloomberg joins the proletariat is the day Bernie can retire.
    The article was about the phenomenon (not them doing it per se) but it was very harsh with the stupid decisions made by the billionaires. Bloomberg doesn't care about people, but they do like watching giants fall especially because of bad decision making.

Plus, they were right. It is open season on mocking the elites because every one of them is responsible for their own losses. Zuck leaned in waaaaaaaaaaaay too much into the metaverse (which I use every day but what he envisions is not going to be a thing for at least a decade) Elmo has issues with Tesla overseas and the Twitter boondoggle and the rest were cryptofrauds.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I think at last count that is about half his value...Bloomberg had an article basically mocking Musk and Zuckerberg (and many others) about their losses and how Billionaire Schadenfreude is everywhere these days. everywhere!
    I wouldn't confuse what Bloomberg is doing as general billionaire schadenfreude. That's old money making fun of new money.

The day Bloomberg joins the proletariat is the day Bernie can retire.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I think at last count that is about half his value...Bloomberg had an article basically mocking Musk and Zuckerberg (and many others) about their losses and how Billionaire Schadenfreude is everywhere these days. everywhere!

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Good.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Elmo has lost $200,000,000,000.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    No, this was "Oil change reminder light turned on? Gotta park the tractor and wait for the JD rep to come out."

Everything needed to be performed by a JD rep and couldn't be performed by the farmer or they risked turning it into a half million dollar lawn ornament until the JD rep could come out.
    Keep in mind most of those large farms with most of the equipment worth that half million also have a plan with Deere that requires Deere to repair them within something like 24 hours.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    No, this was "Oil change reminder light turned on? Gotta park the tractor and wait for the JD rep to come out."

Everything needed to be performed by a JD rep and couldn't be performed by the farmer or they risked turning it into a half million dollar lawn ornament until the JD rep could come out.
    So basically, imagine if you bought a Ford and Ford had a policy that all maintenance right down to changing out the wiper blades had to be done by a certified Ford mechanic using genuine Ford parts, or else your vehicle's entire warranty would be immediately void. Or worse, Ford would use the onboard software to detect unauthorized maintenance/parts and remotely inform on you faster than a Stasi IM being offered an extra banana ration. Maybe they'd even remotely disable the vehicle until you paid a Ford mechanic to do it all over again.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Just remember, a government powerful enough to protect us from mega-conglomerates is powerful enough to, uhhh, do…..other…..stuff.

When corporations win, we all win!

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Is that the equipment equivalent of the proprietary seeds that won't reproduce scam?

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    US farmers win right to repair John Deere equipment.

good, **** John Deere

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64206913

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Is that the equipment equivalent of the proprietary seeds that won't reproduce scam?

Farmers should all vote straight ticket Dem. Unfortunately, the white ones probably vote straight ticket R, so in a way they deserve the shafting they get.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    US farmers win right to repair John Deere equipment.

good, **** John Deere

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64206913

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Elmo is about to go to trial (Jan 17th) for securities fraud...I am sure that is not going to lead to Twitter imploding somehow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X