X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Whoopsies.

Lyft accidentally said 500bps of ebita margin expansion in 2024 but they meant to say 50bps

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Costco’s new CFO will be the current Kroger CFO, so… that’s probably not going to turn out well.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Disney also announced that they're the streaming home of Taylor Swift's Eras tour film (March 15!!), and that they bought a 1.5 Billion (with a B) *minority* share of Epic Games (creator of Fortnite and Rocket League).
    And announced a bunch of sequels too...cause everyone is begging for Toy Story 5.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Now I'm curious if the increase made up for the loss in base.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Disney also announced that they're the streaming home of Taylor Swift's Eras tour film (March 15!!), and that they bought a 1.5 Billion (with a B) *minority* share of Epic Games (creator of Fortnite and Rocket League).
    Last edited by aparch; 02-07-2024, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    People are getting tired of being nickel & dimed. So now the rubberband is gonna snap back the other way.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://www.threads.net/@culturecrav...c4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Disney+ lost 1.3M subscribers in Q1 2024 after increasing prices
    They've now lost subscribers in 4/5 of the past quarters

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Comcast used to collectively bargain on our behalf to keep prices low. It was great.

Now they own the camera lens to the television screen. It's bad.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    You know, "living in their Mom's basement" isn't the insult it used to be.
    It means they made a sound financial decision and should be praised.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Well Xfinity is different anyways...since Comcast/Universal already has a streaming service in Peacock. I have no idea about what other cable outlets their are anymore but I can't imagine they have the reach Comcast does or the adaptability.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    The Cable Co's are just going to become service providers anyway. Probably a hell of a lot cheaper for 'em to as they won't have to pay those networks to carry those channels.

They'll make mint freeing up the broadcast bandwidth on cable and turning around and offering that bandwidth as "Turbo 20G speed!" that you have to pay for as a premium extra on top your existing internet package.

And, as a way to smooth over the number of people who hop from streaming service to service to save a few bucks, the Cable Co's will likely start offering these streaming packages as bundles themselves:

"Get Xfinity 20G service with Peacock Basic free! Add Netflix basic and the Disney Bundle w/ads for just $25 a month! Want to stream commercial free? Upgrade to Xfinity Ad Free for $25 month!"

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You say joint venture. I say collusion.
    It does seem that way...also desperation.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Comcast agrees with this post.

I can’t see paying $50 a month or whatever it will cost. It’s really going to suck whenever cable goes away. It may be overpriced but I think it was a lot better than whatever comes after it.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I’m sure it won’t be overpriced and be full of blackouts and useless content…
    ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.

That’s a pretty good lineup. Only missing CBSSN, USA, Paramount and Peacock. (And CBS and NBC, but those are OTA). But yeah, I will be interested to see the price. Even if you took the cable carrier cost that would be a lot, let alone with what’s basically a la carte for sports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X