Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19: We're all getting $5/hour more in hazard pay!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah I didn't even look at that thread...
    It's somewhere between this one and the one in D1...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Someone on gpl is suggesting China engineered it . Yikes
      If you're referring to my post, THAT WAS A JOKE, AND SAID SO IN SAID POST.

If not referring to me, carry on.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Another poster: You are assuming that their [China] own people won't rise up and make a change.

Me: They tried, and that's when China created the virus, to shut down the protests! It just kinda got outta hand.

KIDDING. DO NOT TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY. THAT WAS A DARK HUMOR JOKE.

This is my exact post/reaction. Just to make it clear.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          YOu know, I was thinking about how this COVID-19 battle is playing out and it struck me in a conversation with a friend last night, these doctors and nurses are doing more than anyone has ever done for our country.

We know the grim statistics on COVID. It's very infectious. 50-100% more contagious than influenza. But it also hides in your system for up to two weeks. You can't know if you've caught it and are already contagious. Symptoms progress fairly slowly and significantly overlap with other common seasonal RSVs. Many people who get it describe it as the most sick they've ever been. It takes weeks to recover. 10-25% are hospitalized. 2-6% are put in the ICU requiring invasive ventilation, which can cause injuries itself. Depending on an infinite number of factors, the overall CFR of 1-4%.

These doctors and nurses are going into battle without adequate PPE. They are risking their lives every day knowing the statistics and seeing every day what their future might hold.

But something else struck me that makes what they're doing particularly courageous. More so than the police and even soldiers, who receive such patriotic adoration in this country. Deservedly so. None of them are risking their families' lives by going into battle or responding to a call. They don't have to worry about putting their wife on the battlefield or having their kids in the car when they get a call for a robbery. These doctors and nurses are doing just that. With something they can't see and don't know if they have it. They're wearing garbage bags and handkerchiefs knowing it's entirely inadequate and likely exposing them. They could die from this, 50 plus already have in Italy. But they're also risking their families lives. But they go in, sacrifice their bodies every day to the point of collapse. Pictures of doctors and nurses who have worn their faces raw, bleeding, from PPE having to wear it for such prolonged periods.

That is some next level courage there.

We put up grand monuments to our soldiers who went into battle and died. Maybe it's time to put one up for those who went in and died for the nation on our own soil.
          Inadequate praise though it may be, I say we replace all of our hollow military honors at every sporting event and replace them with honoring the healthcare pros who have been working tirelessly to save people. Often while risking their own lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            They will talk about h1n1 and how Obama let people die...been doing it on Twitter for over a week.

Fine by me he is handing Michigan to Biden...
            No, they'll say, he's perfectly within reason to be saying this. Why should he go out of his way to help them if all they're gonna do is talk **** about him?

The worst part about this is how Trump is treating this as 50 separate countries he has to help, not all part of America. Like, they're not even Americans. And if you want help, you need to come begging to me and kiss my ***. Like its The Apprentice, and the states are all contestants, battling each other to come up with the winning plan.

It's truly disgusting is what it is. Be proud, Republicans. Killing Americans to own the libs.

And without that leadership from the top down, there's no central knowledge base to refer to, each state on their own is going through the exact same steps, one by one, figuring out the most effective methods and implementing them. And once one does figure it out, the virus pops up in the next state, and that state starts the process all over again, wasting valuable time and resources until they figure it out too.
            Last edited by rufus; 03-27-2020, 07:42 PM.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Not referring to you at all! It’s someone else on there.

Comment

Not referring to you at all! It’s someone else on there.
                Gotcha. It's all good.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

I assumed she was talking about Grovetown Scotty.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Probably. What a nutter.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yes, that one.

Earlier today someone argued there is no gender pay gap on that thread. Bastion of intellect
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-27-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Interesting. You'll hate it -- but you shouldn't.

https://ewerickson.substack.com/p/th...upposed-to-say
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yes, that one.

Earlier today someone argued there is no gender pay gap on that thread. Bastion of intellect
                            Here's a good response someone posted...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Valid.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

That’s clever. I bet the usual two idiots will respond arguing and it gets thread shut down

Comment

Working...
                                X