X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Kepler, remember how Archive.org has some classic Apple/Mac games you love? I have some great news that might be the end of your work career:

Someone has managed to get MacOS 8.1, and a big variety of games and apps, to run as a Java app on modern PC's and Apple computers.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/29/2...linux-features
    The only thing saving me is I have given my soul to Steam. There are virtual machines out there that can run the original Civ I or Sim City I and I would probably just quit my job and play them 24/7, but the Steam UI and file management and config are so simple I have jettisoned all my other ways of playing games.

Now, I WISH all those ancient games would show up on Steam -- I'd certainly play them there. But until they do I draw the line at playing the 120 or so games I have bought via them over the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Kepler, remember how Archive.org has some classic Apple/Mac games you love? I have some great news that might be the end of your work career:

Someone has managed to get MacOS 8.1, and a big variety of games and apps, to run as a Java app on modern PC's and Apple computers.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/29/2...linux-features
    Last edited by aparch; 07-30-2020, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I was in a bad car accident this morning. In the chaos, a woman bystander came to me in my car, held my hand, called me sweetie, and gave me a big hug. She even gave me a blanket to help calm me down. I was also called she/her by everyone. I'm also incredibly lucky two firemen were nearby to come offer aid.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    I'm going to put this in the Genuinely Nice Planet thread just for our friends from the Twin Cities.

Brandon "Bucks" Bochenski has been elected to serve as Mayor for the City of Grand Forks. A true redemption story if there ever was one.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Re: Genuinely Nice Planet: A New Hope

Finding a Mama Bear at my job. One day, I told her my stepfather was being mean to me again and she just wrapped me up in a big hug. She's been my biggest support there ever since.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Bible never said anything about marrying a divorced man being adulterous. Just sayin'...
    Unless you're strict Catholic. Divorce is a ticket straight to Hell, unless the marriage is nullified by the Pope.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    A fresh one has just plopped off the treadmill at Liberty.

The Bible never said anything about marrying a divorced man being adulterous. Just sayin'...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    His paychecks started getting smaller so she’s cashing out her options?
    She's gotta be closing in on 40, the age of mandatory retirement for Republican wives.

A fresh one has just plopped off the treadmill at Liberty.

Last edited by Kepler; 06-03-2020, 05:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    He sees hidden jizz in paintings of Obama. I can't imagine what the reason they didn't work out is.
    His paychecks started getting smaller so she’s cashing out her options?

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

He sees hidden jizz in paintings of Obama. I can't imagine what the reason they didn't work out is.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He's available, ladies.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I mean, how could any woman hope to compete with affections from the spitting image of Adonis that is Donald J. Trump?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

This is great.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I remember one restriction is that you couldn't pass the same business establishment 3x within 30 minutes, or something similar.
    We had this on L.I. when I was growing up. But most "cruising" was parking in some old abandoned potato field and having a party.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X