This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 - Part 4- Stay the **** Home

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      This is exactly what I said to my gf. Bernie has zero to lose and is in the power position if he plays it right. This is when the Fredumb Caucus used to blow up deals for their own side and get everything they want. Time for the Progressive Wing to play hard ball and save the country. (not to mention this would be a massive shot in the arm for the movement)

He can take the shot Biden cant. Just like Biden could take the "Gay Marriage" bullet before Obama could. Bernie and the Progressives could make out like bandits just by doing the right thing here.
      Correct.

And the amazing thing is it is the morally right thing to do, too. Doing well by doing good.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Idaho has issues Shelter-In-Place effective immediately for the next 21 days. Of course, a friend of mine who went shopping for their mother said the grocery was absolutely packed with people hoarding again once the rumors of SIP started to circulate.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          First, MI closed restaurants, then we closed hair salons and tattoo parlors, then we went full shelter in place.

That being said, my job is considered essential, and my company has flat out said you're not getting hazard pay during this, and if you choose to stay home, F you.
          Isn't it nice to know that your boss and management are willing to sacrifice you so that they can make money?

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            Idaho has issues Shelter-In-Place effective immediately for the next 21 days. Of course, a friend of mine who went shopping for their mother said the grocery was absolutely packed with people hoarding again once the rumors of SIP started to circulate.
            My mom tells me that she's not seen fresh meat in IF for a while now. She even had to improvise a dinner using frozen pre-made hamburgers.

Thankfully, between all of us being there for Xmas, we stockpiled a lot of TP.

Comment

Last edited by Handyman; 03-25-2020, 05:08 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                I say, screw it all, and just make this simple. No bailouts for big corp. If they didn't sock money away for a rainy day, tough. If they're in desperate straits when this is over, then we can figure something out. Business owners, especially big corporations, ought to be able to weather a few months of downtime. They can always go to the banks if they need money, like everybody else.

Money for hospitals, first responders, equipment and supplies. Companies can't lay people off or force them to take extended leave. They continue to pay them their salaries, government reimburses.

Simple, clean, immediate help and economic stimulus.

The "economy", meaning the Dow, will snap back, it always does. It may take a while, but it will. That's not the priority here. It may be the priority for someone's re-election, but that's not a priority here either. Taking care of the sick and the out of work is.
                I'm sure someone smarter than me could poke a few holes in this - but even with slight tweaks - this reads like a hell of a tactful starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I'm sure someone smarter than me could poke a few holes in this - but even with slight tweaks - this reads like a hell of a tactful starting point.
                  Better than the crap Schumer agreed too...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Leadership.

“ BREAKING: California Gov. Gavin Newsom says major banks have agreed to give a 90-day grace period for mortgage payments in the state as people face less hours or are out of work due to coronavirus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Adam Schiff told you.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Isn't it nice to know that your boss and management are willing to sacrifice you so that they can make money?
                        This is what we're doing:

1. If you're sick, stay home.

2. Upon entering the center, fill out a health screening and take your temp. If you admit to coughing and shortness of breath and fever, you are not allowed to work.

3. Front desk staff are wiping down the most touched surfaces in the center, like door handles and light switches.

4. Our playroom has been emptied to 10 people total. This includes technicians, children, Behavioral Consultants, etc.

5. No one eats in the kitchen. You're allowed to warm up your food, but eat at your station.

And it's not my boss. This is Centria's upper-level management.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Leadership.

“ BREAKING: California Gov. Gavin Newsom says major banks have agreed to give a 90-day grace period for mortgage payments in the state as people face less hours or are out of work due to coronavirus.”
                          Only bank to say no was Bank of America.

In the realm of bad leadership:

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trump is rambling on about how we cant sell our medical equipment to the EU...because our allies take advantage of us I guess. *** does NATO have to do with anything? And why is he lying about this stuff...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Steve Mnuchin is saying that people on unemployment...arent takers now? What the heck is going on here?
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X