X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I am taking it seriously. mr les thinks if he makes excuses for why he shouldn't worry the virus will stay away. Like no to a party this weekend with a lot of people but ok for one with only 20 coming from a bunch of places and with people >60. lil not so lil les has been working but is now in for the next few days. He has had enough of idiots being idiots

I go for a 2+mile walk every day. I might end up going more than once. WIll probably have the cleanest garden I have ever had. Not going anywhere there are a lot of people if it is possible to avoid.

Taking it seriously because
    -All 3 of us in the house have asthma. mr is >60, I am real close
    -I know enough to know this is the real deal and sh1t is going to get scary
    -I live in an area of deniers so they are not going to be doing anything smart
    -I feel a moral/ethical responsibility to avoid anything that will put others at risk

2 weeks is a short blip in time unless that is all you have left to live.
    As a construction engineering technician (the guy with the clipboard watching everyone do the work), I already distance myself. And the project I'm on currently is just me driving around doing pre-construction inspection and marking up PDF and Excel files. I can submit all that digitally to my boss without ever going into my field office. So other than grocery shopping and getting lunch, I already am pretty well isolated.

I'd have to actively start licking door handles to even have a chance of a two week stay-cation.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Heard that a store in So. Maine shut down yesterday. C Store with a Dunkin' in it. Dunkin' cashier tested positive. Sent everyone home. Seen nothing about it on news so not sure if its true or not?? I'm in stores all the time, in fact heading to do a service call this morning. Not much I can do about it if I want to make money. All I can do is avoid people as much as I can, wash my hands and try to not touch my face. My boy was here for a couple days, he went back to Brooklyn last night with suitcases full of groceries as his Girl Friend went to BJs and Wegmans and couldn't get certain items and not the items we all know are gone like TP, lysol and purell. He was told his flights are going to be down by 40% . Thats going to hurt.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Heard that a store in So. Maine shut down yesterday. C Store with a Dunkin' in it. Dunkin' cashier tested positive. Sent everyone home. Seen nothing about it on news so not sure if its true or not?? I'm in stores all the time, in fact heading to do a service call this morning. Not much I can do about it if I want to make money. All I can do is avoid people as much as I can, wash my hands and try to not touch my face. My boy was here for a couple days, he went back to Brooklyn last night with suitcases full of groceries as his Girl Friend went to BJs and Wegmans and couldn't get certain items and not the items we all know are gone like TP, lysol and purell. He was told his flights are going to be down by 40% . Thats going to hurt.
        Not proof, but supposedly this location

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maine/comments/fi55h1/hollis_lil_mart_is_closed_and_being_cleaned/
        Last edited by BassAle; 03-14-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Seen elsewhere:

1918: Leafs win Cup
          1919: Stanley Cup canceled

1992-93: Jays win WS
          1994: WS canceled

2019: Raptors win NBA Finals
          2020: Season suspended, Finals possibly canceled
          Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 03-14-2020, 07:29 AM.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Not proof, but supposedly this location

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maine/comme...being_cleaned/
            Thats the place

Comment

So.....with sportsball cancelled...

How does Vegas deal with all the future bets on championships and such? I'd have to imagine they issue refunds...while a logistics nightmare, that's a huge hit on the economy....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So apparently kids born in November and December (and maybe January) will be known as Coronials.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...hORh1R7iYBnyk0

Nice try anyway

Comment

I went to DD drive thru this morning but that's it for me today. What's interesting is the local Y has not cancelled my son's activities for today and tomorrow. We're not gonna go but I am assuming they aren't cancelling so they don't have to deal with refund complaints? Not sure.

Comment

You know... after almost a year of limited driving, screen time, reading and exercise... I just don't have a lot of sympathy for healthy people who are freaking out about being bored or having to limit some activities.

I'm skipping the gym and going for walks and doing yoga at home instead. That's pretty much all I changed. I was already working from home, and I don't go many places anyway.

I'm not so worried about getting sick myself, but very worried about my older relatives with health issues.
                      Last edited by jen; 03-14-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Ha, wouldn't expect you to. But everyone hates change especially when it messes with your daily routine. Even more so when it impacts a daily routine with toddlers!

Does the fact that the worst outbreaks in the US are Washington, California, New York and Massachusetts help us in any way? What I mean by that is those states are all pretty well regarded when it comes to healthcare in general:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...gs/health-care

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Neither am I, I'm just a dirty ramper.
                          You at least wear gloves, I hope? Think of all those boxes maybe packed up by someone with the virus.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

It's all about the benjamins, baby.

https://www.axios.com/focus-group-mi...2d8866229.html

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              From the article:
                              “But I’m not looking to be in a situation where I make the front page of the news for being that guy who hoarded 20,000 bottles of sanitizer that I’m selling for 20 times what they cost me.”
                              Too bad, because that's exactly what happened.

Read an article yesterday about people in their 80s who needed hand sanitizer and toilet paper but couldn't get any unless they paid 50 times the price. Good ol capitalism. **** the people who actually need help, so you can make six figures while price gouging.

Comment

I'm not buying that. In general I don't see any way this helps Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X