X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Neither am I, I'm just a dirty ramper.
    I am aware, and I've heard stories about the rampers.

But for real, UPS not even really addressing the issue? Reinforces the sh*iness that company does to its workers.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Against all my own precedent in the Information Age (aside from paying for video services like HBO & flohockey) I subscribed to the WaPo and installed the app, about a week ago or so. It’s like 25 bucks for a year - being an election/apocalypse year and all.
      It might be the best money I’ve spent. Very impressed with the app, the daily newsletter, the coverage of the pandemic ... I recommend.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Neither am I, I'm just a dirty ramper.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dZSBEB_OI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=749iU2Zv1kw
        Last edited by Kepler; 03-13-2020, 10:19 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Quit complaining, pack your s- correctly.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Bull****! He could have release "My Corona!" if he really wanted to help.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Turns out, Google was blindsided by the "Creation of a website" to verify symptoms and to direct people where to go.

Looks like TrumpMD.gov was ANOTHER lie by the Commander in Thief.

Again, no shocked faces, eh?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Meanwhile, BoJo tries his best to out-crazy Sniffles.

"Your loved ones will die."

Way to reassure the public!

Comment

Curious what everyone's level of social distancing is. Are you bunkered in for the long haul? Will you go get your morning coffee/go to supermarket? Are restaurants a no go? Important that people at least order food online or pick up. Not a good time to be a waiter/waitress though.

Also, when it comes to quarantining. I don't know other cultures but it's very difficult for the average American (myself included) to stay quarantined for what, two weeks if you get it? When symptoms might subside after a couple days? Hourly workers even more likely not to do a full quarantine because of their work situation. Very important for employers to step up to the plate here as best they can.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Meanwhile, BoJo tries his best to out-crazy Sniffles.

"Your loved ones will die."

Way to reassure the public!
                    Honestly, I'd rather have the blunt truth.

Video of the comment.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Curious what everyone's level of social distancing is. Are you bunkered in for the long haul? Will you go get your morning coffee/go to supermarket? Are restaurants a no go? Important that people at least order food online or pick up. Not a good time to be a waiter/waitress though.

Also, when it comes to quarantining. I don't know other cultures but it's very difficult for the average American (myself included) to stay quarantined for what, two weeks if you get it? When symptoms might subside after a couple days? Hourly workers even more likely not to do a full quarantine because of their work situation. Very important for employers to step up to the plate here as best they can.
                      For work (warehouse), I have 1 co-worker, and 4 drivers. I am also at a "higher" risk of catching it, due to my job. Personal life, when I need things like food or whatever, I go out, and it's brief. If I go out for pleasure? No crowds. If it gets crowded, I leave.

The COVID is a minor adjustment to how I do my daily business. At some times, yeah, it sucks missing out on some stuff, but it's for the greater good.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am taking it seriously. mr les thinks if he makes excuses for why he shouldn't worry the virus will stay away. Like no to a party this weekend with a lot of people but ok for one with only 20 coming from a bunch of places and with people >60. lil not so lil les has been working but is now in for the next few days. He has had enough of idiots being idiots

I go for a 2+mile walk every day. I might end up going more than once. WIll probably have the cleanest garden I have ever had. Not going anywhere there are a lot of people if it is possible to avoid.

Taking it seriously because
                        -All 3 of us in the house have asthma. mr is >60, I am real close
                        -I know enough to know this is the real deal and sh1t is going to get scary
                        -I live in an area of deniers so they are not going to be doing anything smart
                        -I feel a moral/ethical responsibility to avoid anything that will put others at risk

2 weeks is a short blip in time unless that is all you have left to live.

Comment

Sure is but still gonna be difficult for people to abide by that if they don't have symptoms. That's just the way it is.

Comment

I was reading some threads on this over at Flyertalk, where I used to read religiously when I was flying 100k miles a year.

I’m not surprised, but there are a few American posters going on about how this isn’t a big deal, no one can control them, and they’re still planning on traveling, in fact may even travel more now. Other posters are from all over, including many from more community focused cultures vs western focus on oneself. A few of my favorite replies-
                            “Can someone quarantine Americans away from the world? “
                            “Now I understand how these morons elected Donald trump.”

Comment

For me I’ll definitely be doing quite a bit more distancing.

- Kids are out of school for 2 weeks and all activities have been canceled.
                              - My work has given a directive to not visit customers on site so I’ll be doing a lot over email and phone. (company is located out of state so I’m usually in the car almost every day)
                              - I’ll be skipping the gym and will likely skip going out to dinner etc.
                              - if I need to go to the store I’ll go Etc

Comment

Most of my union members are firmly in the trump camp and suspect this is at the very least being overplayed by the media to mess with trump and at the very worst a plot by dark forces to infect enough Americans, again to mess with trump. The more enlightened ones just think Americans are all a bunch of whiny bit c hes anymore who all have to go to Jiffy Lube to have their oil changed instead of doing it yourself like real men.

Comment

Working...
                                X