• Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe 19: now in 3D

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It. Was. Not. A. Wall. Street. Payout.
    It's a bit, let him go...

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      US as a whole up to 5702. Up over 1000 since this morning.
      Yeah, NY is rising fast. Over 1700.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The Maine Legislature is about to pass a provision that temporarily ends the one-week gap between filing unemployment and getting benefits. Once the new law goes into effect (likely tonight) people can file and get unemployment checks immediately.
        Very good idea.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Very good idea.
          Mass doing this as well

Comment

My 17-yr-old daughter (HS jr) works in a grocery store. Since the schools closed she has been “asked” to work 8 hr days in what can only be called a war zone... technically this is against child labor laws, (she’s still enrolled, remote-schooling), and she gets home at night just dragging with physical and mental exhaustion.. but she “needs the money” for more clothes or whatever so she does it. meanwhile I’m being told, work from home if you can, relax your deadlines, be safe...
            I don’t know, it feels really weird. It’s like sending the kid off to war.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Currently at a 1.6% death rate of confirmed cases.
              Extremely misleading on both sides (untested cases, and it also presumably takes a couple weeks to finish you off) so much as to be meaningless at this point
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Extremely misleading on both sides (untested cases, and it also presumably takes a couple weeks to finish you off) so much as to be meaningless at this point
                Agreed.

Sorry.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Um... any doctors out there want to help calm me down a bit?
                  Follow up to my sarcastic photo reply last night. According to Stat (a medical/science based news outlet), Covid-19 isn't an effective aerosol transmitter.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...18/ar-BB11h6UM
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Then he's appealing to the base?

This was posted as a WaPoo editorial
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...sponse-office/
                      You think this makes sense? You have one unit, led by a man who has a direct line to the president, and whose focus is on one key threat to America, global pandemics.

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense.
                      So you take those experts, focused on only one thing, fold the ones you keep in with a bunch of other people focused on nuclear proliferation, arms control, biological warfare, and other subjects, and now they're in competition with all those other experts in those areas, who all believe that their area of expertise needs to be prioritized, and then hash all that out into a coherent strategy to send up the chain of command to the head of the NSC, to see what he thinks of it?

You've buried pandemic response under layers and layers of bureaucracy, leaving it up to the department head to decide if this is something to be concerned about, or whether their priority should be elsewhere. With the pandemic response team, that was their priority.

I just read more excuses from the Trump administration as to why they've fukked this up so badly, just more of "I don't take any responsibility at all."

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        My 17-yr-old daughter (HS jr) works in a grocery store. Since the schools closed she has been “asked” to work 8 hr days in what can only be called a war zone... technically this is against child labor laws, (she’s still enrolled, remote-schooling), and she gets home at night just dragging with physical and mental exhaustion.. but she “needs the money” for more clothes or whatever so she does it. meanwhile I’m being told, work from home if you can, relax your deadlines, be safe...
                        I don’t know, it feels really weird. It’s like sending the kid off to war.
                        NO. My kid is graduated from school. This is his income. We told him he should decrease hours.

Our local House Rep was asked about this said this is not acceptable when someone asked her about it online. This one of the times where you say hard NO and deal with the sulking. If the store makes waves ask them if they would like you to out them on FB. This is dangerous from so many angles. Not negotiable.

Comment

Went back to work today, sucked. Felt ok, but hard to get back into the swing of it after being on the shelf so long.

But yes, town is a ghost town. Governor today restricted all restaurants to just take-out. You can walk into McDonald's, but just counter service to go. I stopped in to get my morning Coke, and got handed the cup with cover already on it, and a straw. No napkins, salt and pepper packets, etc, t\out to be touched and pawed, everything comes over the counter.

Only places that were mobbed were the grocery stores, including Walmart. People going nuts. I had to get things at the end of the day. No paper towels or TP, no peanut butter, no butter or eggs, very little cheese, no pasta or sauce. No bread, I grabbed some English muffins, and found two loaves of Arnold bread on a small rack at the end of an aisle, there was nothing in the bread aisle except hamburger buns and English muffins.

Comment

I was just coming here to ask how you were feeling, rufus. Did you take anything specific while you were in the midst?

I have some in the weeds questions that have probably been answered somewhere but I'm having some anxiety around this and wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Have they (whoever they is) recommended anything to take if you think you are infected? Not anything that's going to cure. DO you take Tylenol? NyQuil?
                            2. How long do they think it takes for symptoms to start showing up after one might be exposed to someone who is infected?
                            3. Let's say a person touches something with their hand where the virus is living, if there is no touching of the face/nose/mouth and lots of hand washing and sanitizer applied immediately, is that helpful to stop contraction of the disease? Or is that person screwed because they came in contact with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              3. Let's say a person touches something with their hand where the virus is living, if there is no touching of the face/nose/mouth and lots of hand washing and sanitizer applied immediately, is that helpful to stop contraction of the disease? Or is that person screwed because they came in contact with it?
                              the virus is not going to get in through unbroken skin. You'd have to touch a contaminated surface and then touch your eyes/nose/mouth without washing your hands. Make sure you wash your hands when you return home, before you eat, etc. If you're at work, make sure someone is periodically sanitizing doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc. In my office (which I now won't be going to for at least 6 weeks), a week or two ago they installed automatic touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers in every hallway, by every entrance, elevator, conference room, non-automatic doorways, etc. Every table in the cafeteria and break areas also had a bottle of hand sanitizer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I was just coming here to ask how you were feeling, rufus. Did you take anything specific while you were in the midst?

I have some in the weeds questions that have probably been answered somewhere but I'm having some anxiety around this and wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Have they (whoever they is) recommended anything to take if you think you are infected? Not anything that's going to cure. DO you take Tylenol? NyQuil?
                                2. How long do they think it takes for symptoms to start showing up after one might be exposed to someone who is infected?
                                1. From the little I know, acetaminophen (Tylenol) and/or ibuprofen (Motrin) are fine, along with something like Mucinex or Robitussin is fine. Your PCP would know more, but in this regard, I think what they prescribe is similar to the flu (minus the Tamiflu, etc., obviously).
                                2. On average, 5 days from date of exposure. As little as 2 days, as long as 14, from what I've read.
                                3. You should be fine if you touch something that may have the coronavirus on it, and then you wash your hands really good for 20 seconds afterwards. Soap kills the ******* out of this thing (along with a lot of things). Hand sanitizer is good, but not as effective, if I recall correctly, at least for the coronavirus. Could be wrong on that last part. I know soap is amazingly effective at killing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X