X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 2020 - 12: The End of the Beginning

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I am talking in more general terms. There are examples of other people not being able to get to a polling location due to work/family/health or people who are indifferent towards voting and don't go. If you give them a smartphone option while maintaining physical polling stations that can only increase voter turnout.
    I'm not- I'm looking for actual solutions to areas who have had their poll locations eliminated in spite of the growing population. you know actual real problems.

Comment

If me not voting or voting 3rd party etc based on a Trump/Sanders ballot is a half vote for Trump, so be it. Give me a quality candidate to vote for next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Anecdotal I grant you...but that seems to be the case when I hear people discuss her. All of the complaints against her are strengths for other candidates. hell women I know didnt like her for many of the same reasons they didnt like Hillary...despite them being very very different.

A woman running cant be too feminine, but also not too much of a hardass either. they have to walk a very thin like. And god forbid they know what they are talking about...that leads to talk of snobbishness and being standoffish. And again, that is from WOMEN.

After the election, it would be an interesting sociological study to go back and see how the women were treated by voters and the media in various situations as compared to men in the same or similar. it would open a lot of eyes. As someone who was (this cycle) first for Harris and then for Warren I noticed various patterns.
        If I had to pinpoint her problems, I'd say it was two things:

1) The M4A muddle was a disaster. If you recall she was all in favor of Sanders bill, but then whipped out a plan to incrementally get there which pleased exactly no one. If M4A is your most important issue, you know had zero reason to back Warren because she wasn't as committed. That was a disaster because those were the voters she needed. But if you think an incremental approach is best you had plenty of choices that you could trust more, most notably Buttigieg who did very well initially in the first couple of states.

2) I appreciate the hatchet job she did on Bloomberg, but it wasn't a good look when she kept it up during the next debate. Not that Bloomy didn't deserve a proper vetting, but at some point the question was asked if she was more interested in taking Bloomberg down than in winning the race herself. She needed to be spending those last two debates drawing a contrast between her and Bernie. Yes she went home with Bloomberg's nuts in a jar but with 60Bn he can most likely afford to purchase them back. In the meantime a similar version of Bloomberg with a few less 000's at the end of his bank account is now the front runner.

If me not voting or voting 3rd party etc based on a Trump/Sanders ballot is a half vote for Trump, so be it. Give me a quality candidate to vote for next time.
        The world doesn't revolve around you.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

No it doesn't which is why you can vote however you please

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Voting for Jerry York is voting 0.5 for Dump.

I don't see how anybody can do that.
            Hey man, the potential of higher taxes is way more disgusting than the death of science, treating women like cattle, kids in cages. The candidate has to have enough charisma or it’s just not with casting a vote to get trump out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              2) I appreciate the hatchet job she did on Bloomberg, but it wasn't a good look when she kept it up during the next debate. Not that Bloomy didn't deserve a proper vetting, but at some point the question was asked if she was more interested in taking Bloomberg down than in winning the race herself.
              I disagree strongly. She saw her #1 job as preventing American politics from degenerating into The Ultimate Billionaire Showdown of Ultimate Billionaire Destiny. The most important thing Warren will ever do is single-handedly destroying that smarmy f-ck and sending him back to NY in a gold inlaid box.

She murdered a Plute live on stage. It was glorious.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sure but life is about choices JD. This job pays more but the commute sucks. Or this job pays less and I'll have to relocate but it gets me away from my mother in law. Or I fell a ss backwards into this job that pays more and is less work (oh, sorry, that was me and it wasn't a hard choice at all. ). There's benefit in making the right choice. You can always say screw it I'm going back to living in my mom's basement, the equivalent of voting 3rd party, but is that really the most beneficial choice?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Lol at thinking having charisma determines how I would vote but you do you.

Comment

Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Had Bernie kept it at the differences of policy and Biden's voting record, sure. But he suggests there's a conspiracy against him. No, there is not. We don't need another person making crap up to vote for him. We need to get past that.

Again, it's not as if I really disagree with what he wants to do- I agree with quite a bit.

It's that I'm not going to listen to someone making crap up that people are out to get him. Bernie lost fair and square in the states he lost- deal with it, and make me want to vote for you instead of against the other guy.
                      He had to go conspiracy though...it is a the only card to play. His whole shtick was proven false, he didn't bring out the voters. Last time he used the DNC as an excuse but this time he doesn't have that. His only real chance is to rile up his base and claiming everyone is out to get him just might do that.

Truth is he didnt learn from 2016. You cant alienate 60-70% of the Democrats and then expect them to flock to you. And make no mistake his people did that. He made it too easy for them (the Conservadems, the Warmongers, the Republican-Lites, the Wall Street Sellouts) to look at anyone but him. AOC gets it (hence why she will be Speaker) and Ilhan gets it...you get what you want AFTER you get elected. You dont push away the voters, you get them to like you and use that to get what you want.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 03-05-2020, 12:31 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I disagree strongly. She saw her #1 job as preventing American politics from degenerating into The Ultimate Billionaire Showdown of Ultimate Billionaire Destiny. The most important thing Warren will ever do is single-handedly destroying that smarmy f-ck and sending him back to NY in a gold inlaid box.

She murdered a Plute live on stage. It was glorious.
                        He was already dead after she killed him in the first debate. 2nd debate was kicking a dead horse. While it did the rest of us some good, it did her campaign no good and I was writing about how her campaign went south. Buttigieg and Klobacher had the same problem. A feud between the 3rd and 4th place candidates only benefits the frontrunners.

Comment

For any of you that live in a swing state, I envy you.
                          No you don't, we're gonna be bombarded with ads on every media front until November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            but is that really the most beneficial choice?
                            Depends on if you're voting for yourself/your family situation or if you vote based on what you think is best for society as a whole. I think a lot of people miss that. It's a great philosophical debate. But hey, I hope Biden runs away with this thing now.
                            Last edited by J.D.; 03-05-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Pretty shallow bench there...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Pretty shallow bench there...

Is he pimping a Nicki Haley candidacy? Its not being non-white or a woman that'll doom her in the GOP primary. Its taking down the Confederate flag!

Comment

Working...
                                X