X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    In conjunction with the realignment, we're creating a new Principal role for each industry vertical. The first three Principals to be created will be Manufacturing/Retail, Financial Services, and Telco. I've applied for Principal over Manufacturing/Retail and I hope I get it, or else someone hand me the Excedrin because it's gonna be a long year.
    Got the promotion! :-)

Of course, this is going to mean a lot of work for me over the next 6-12 months as I work with leadership to basically build out a sub-practice with tailored product and service offerings specific to our Manufacturing and Retail clients. It also means I will start to get involved in pre-sales meetings with prospective clients in those industries. I'm a little nervous, but very excited.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Based on being south of the ice until the last 2 miles, I'm guessing either Ankeny (Des Moines suburb) or Cedar Rapids, depending on the company (Deere or Rockwell Collins).

Or possibly the Quad Cities, with the customer coming from Waterloo if it was Deere related. That's about a 90 minute drive.
    I don't know which location the customer was actually coming from, I just guessed at quad cities. Our plant that we drove to Wednesday is middle of nowhere Iowa. Oh, wait, that's most of Iowa. Spent the night in Dyersville Wednesday and then down to Davenport Thursday night.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My employer is opening up a Developmentally Disabled/Cognitive Impaired house, moving me over there, and having me work Sundays through Wednesdays and giving me the rest of the week off.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    A lot of us are really salty about the bonuses because they're considered variable parts of our salary. I get paid 92% of my salary throughout the year. That final 8% gets adjusted based on company performance, which I have zero ducking impact on.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    So, our merit raises and bonuses were announced today. We've all been bracing ourselves because we've been told that the company didn't have as good a year as we had in 2021. And I'm totally OK with that. A bonus is just that - a bonus. It really amazes me that people complain about the amount they get. Anyway - both my merit raise and my bonus were significantly higher than last year. W00t!! Not a bad Friday.
    The raise does have to be higher because of inflation, but it still feels irrationally good.

I wouldn't complain about a small bonus or raise, compared to others, but it tells you what the company thinks of you and should lead you to reevaluate moving on.

This is why employees should always, always, always share their salary, raise, bonus and other compensation info with each other. The employer has a huge asymmetric advantage in information and employees have to counter that to have any defense against being f-cked over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X