• Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    :-(

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Someday I’ll actually be considered part of my team. Unfortunately today was not that day.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Looked through ADP tonight and found an agency wide increase to $19.99/hour.

I wonder why they didn't make it $20.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Today, I heard my supervisor tell me "we want to respect your time" and apologize for miscommunication that led me to coming in on first instead of second (I worked second yesterday).

This is refreshing. I have an employer who honors my boundaries and apologizes when they get it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I was wondering whatever happened to that Foxconn plant in WI that Walker and Dump touted back in 2016. Turns out it's been scaled down from creating 13,000 jobs to creating less than 1,500 and the site will now focus on making networking and data warehousing equipment under subcontract rather than mass-manufacturing LCD screens. The total investment was renegotiated down to less than $1b from $10b and their tax incentives were cut from $3b to $8m. Obviously the LCD manufacturing will instead be sent to places with cheap labor and poor worker protection laws. Nice job getting hoodwinked, Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Protecting kids in this country means criminalizing my existence, not from being forced into wage slavery at age 12.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The return of slavery.

The return of slavery, Part 2.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-10-2023, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

All this, plus whenever anybody thanks me or sends me kudos I say "I really appreciate that, would you mind terribly sending that to my manager without me on the email?" Likewise, whenever I want to send kudos I tell the person and also request they give me their manager's POC so I can send direct. People appreciate it and I have found the karmic wheel for taking the time to be extremely positive.
    I always CC supervisors when doing thank yous. There have been a few external vendors where I've asked for a supervisor's email and emailed them directly and CCed the person I'm praising.

You know you've done a good thank you letter when you get a call back immediately from the person and they thank you for the kudos lol.

sometimes a vendor just does such a great job you save that entire correspondence chain or work product in a separate file folder called gold standards.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Couple different things, and a lot of it depends on your ability to be tactful and any given specific relationship with a client.

Keep a file with all of the notes as a CYA measure in case you ever need it.

Best time to bring up the notes sent to you but not your supervisors is during a review, even if just in the aggregate while filling out the self-evaluation part ("This last quarter/year/whatever, I received numerous of letters thanking/praising/acknowledging the work I've done for clients."). If your boss questions that, you have the CYA file full of the notes you can share.

As far the step of having others send notes to your manager, best way is to also tie it to your review if you have that kind of relationship with the client. "Hey Jim, thanks for the note. Always glad to help and hear that I'm providing the service you need. I've got my review coming up soon and was hoping you could do me a solid and pass that note onto my supervisor so that they have a better understanding of the quality of work I'm providing on a daily basis. If not, no worries. Thanks" But again, only do that if you have the type of relationship with the client/customer that it'll work and if you can phrase it tactfully.
    This is the way

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

All this, plus whenever anybody thanks me or sends me kudos I say "I really appreciate that, would you mind terribly sending that to my manager without me on the email?" Likewise, whenever I want to send kudos I tell the person and also request they give me their manager's POC so I can send direct. People appreciate it and I have found the karmic wheel for taking the time to be extremely positive.
    All of all of this. Whenever I send a thank-you, or great-job email, it always begins, “Dear so-and-so, I wanted to let you know that I just told your manager what a great job you did on X….” Telling the employee is great for engagement; telling the manager is the currency of the realm.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Couple different things, and a lot of it depends on your ability to be tactful and any given specific relationship with a client.

Best time to bring up the notes sent to you but not your supervisors is during a review, even if just in the aggregate while filling out the self-evaluation part ("This last quarter/year/whatever, I received numerous of letters thanking/praising/acknowledging the work I've done for clients."). If your boss questions that, you have the CYA file full of the notes you can share.

As far the step of having others send notes to your manager, best way is to also tie it to your review if you have that kind of relationship with the client. "Hey Jim, thanks for the note. Always glad to help and hear that I'm providing the service you need. I've got my review coming up soon and was hoping you could do me a solid and pass that note onto my supervisor so that they have a better understanding of the quality of work I'm providing on a daily basis. If not, no worries. Thanks" But again, only do that if you have the type of relationship with the client/customer that it'll work and if you can phrase it tactfully.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Question for you all - I'm trying to do a little better job of selling myself within my team, what I do, how much my internal stakeholders are grateful and thankful for the work I do. Whle I work on a team and support different team members, I do have my own responsibilities that my manager knows about but not much else. I'm trying to decide how to share all of the notes I get from my internal stakeholders that say thank you, or you rock, or this project has been seamless working with you, etc. Ideally, I would like these people to actually send a quick note to my manager to say "Just wanted to say [Scarlet] did a great job on this" or something like that, rather than me forwarding emails to my manager with them sending to me directly. Is it out of line to ask them to do that?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Question for you all - I'm trying to do a little better job of selling myself within my team, what I do, how much my internal stakeholders are grateful and thankful for the work I do. Whle I work on a team and support different team members, I do have my own responsibilities that my manager knows about but not much else. I'm trying to decide how to share all of the notes I get from my internal stakeholders that say thank you, or you rock, or this project has been seamless working with you, etc. Ideally, I would like these people to actually send a quick note to my manager to say "Just wanted to say [Scarlet] did a great job on this" or something like that, rather than me forwarding emails to my manager with them sending to me directly. Is it out of line to ask them to do that?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    All 40 women on my program between the ages of 25 and 35 seem to be named either Kayla, Kayleigh, or Kaitlin.
    Do they all have husbands/boyfriends named Taylor, Tanner or Tucker?

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Yesterday, one of the kids at my agency did my makeup and did a really good job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X