• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I almost quit with no new job lined up.

holding off for now
    I'm with kepler. It's a bad idea unless you've got a good safety net (I suspect you do) or IMO you're at a point where mental health is an issue. However you measure that.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    My interview went very well. They seemed enthusiastic about my answers and really appreciated my energy. I will hear back by next Friday either way; I'm not 100% positive the job is mine, but I know I put myself in a good position!
    Even if I don't get this job, I know I'm still employed and I have plenty of options with my current employer. And at 41+ years old, I see pathways opening in places I didn't think would be opening before.

And today when I walked in to the Commons at Knapp to remind myself who I was interviewing with, it felt so good to be hyped up by my friends in residential and clinical!
    Good luck MT!!! (Also, my wife likes the name Miss Thundercat when she saw a post of yours the other day. THought I would share that.)

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

My advice: never do that.

I've done that.

Don't do that.
    I came this close to it in 2009. My mental health was at risk. Utterly toxic, toxic work environment and it was a complete dead end. Glad I didn't, but my god it was awful.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

holding off for now
    My advice: never do that.

I've done that.

Don't do that.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

holding off for now

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    My interview went very well. They seemed enthusiastic about my answers and really appreciated my energy. I will hear back by next Friday either way; I'm not 100% positive the job is mine, but I know I put myself in a good position!
    Even if I don't get this job, I know I'm still employed and I have plenty of options with my current employer. And at 41+ years old, I see pathways opening in places I didn't think would be opening before.

And today when I walked in to the Commons at Knapp to remind myself who I was interviewing with, it felt so good to be hyped up by my friends in residential and clinical!
    Good luck MT!!!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    This is what I'm thinking. Also, ties give me dysphoria, so I don't wear them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cky4oMyv...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    If you wear a black shirt, do you have a tie that's a different color?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    If you wear a black shirt, do you have a tie that's a different color?

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Don't forget the sunglasses.

And a full tank of gas and half a pack of cigarettes!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    My interview for Foster Care Case Manager is tomorrow.

I'm thinking a black blazer, black pants, black shirt, and black shoes should be appropriate.
    Don't forget the sunglasses.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My interview for Foster Care Case Manager is tomorrow.

I'm thinking a black blazer, black pants, black shirt, and black shoes should be appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    So, either someone I vented to about not receiving an e-thank you card (mentioned here earlier) told someone or it just took FOREVER, but I wound up getting a recognition award for all the work I did on that event in March. A little bit of egg on my face. It actually did take forever for some reason as when I went to thank my manager for it, she said "I submitted that NINE DAYS ago! I was wondering why you didn't say anything!" And I also go two others that were totally unexpected. So it was a good week last week.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Awesome! Case Management can be incredibly difficult. I've worked with a ton, in hospital and SNF and rehab center facilities. That is a criminally underfunded role.
    Thank you!

If not, I know my pay will increase next month and my current supervisors think highly of me.

And I have teenagers at my job who think I'm cool. They've appointed me Staff Mom!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X