X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Teamsters statement.

The UPS Pilots union also announced they’ll be in support if the Teamsters go on strike.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    We got raked over in our last contract with a union leadership that was in bed with the company. Those guys got voted out (overwhelmingly) and replaced with some more hardline union guys (the Teamster President is actually a guy out of Boston) so negotiations already started out in a bad spot. Throw in the fact that all of us were working ridiculously hard through the pandemic while the company is posting record profits and you've got a workforce that wants their rightful piece of the pie and willing to fight for it.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I work at UPS and there's a contract negotiation going on right now.

It's not going well.
    Oh goodness I'm totally aware of that. I hadn't heard any update since last week. I just Googled it. It is going to be a huge issue if it happens. I hope for your sake they can come to a resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

No idea what the issue is, but that’s still a month away- time to do more negotiations.
    Well, negotiations are not going well.

The issue is, as usual, money. The company wants to horde their profits for the shareholders, the union wants a piece for the workforce.

We got raked over in our last contract with a union leadership that was in bed with the company. Those guys got voted out (overwhelmingly) and replaced with some more hardline union guys (the Teamster President is actually a guy out of Boston) so negotiations already started out in a bad spot. Throw in the fact that all of us were working ridiculously hard through the pandemic while the company is posting record profits and you've got a workforce that wants their rightful piece of the pie and willing to fight for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

??????
    I work at UPS and there's a contract negotiation going on right now.

It's not going well.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Welp, looks like I’ll be striking August 1st.
    No idea what the issue is, but that’s still a month away- time to do more negotiations.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    ??????

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Got an email from our department head that our lead Creative Services Director, who started in April 2022, left. Immediately. For me it was totally out of the blue but apparently there were issues with his performance, like he bit off more than he could chew. He was in this position at a company we acquired a couple of years ago - he just moved over and up. Guess he wasn't up for the job. He was also based out of state. When someone is high up enough in an organization, do you just leave and not give two weeks notice? I'm thinking this was also a "You can leave, make it seem like it was your decision, or you will be fired." We're also due for a major re-org in the next month or so. Maybe it had something to do with that. Talking with my manager about it today. Can't recall if I mentioned this here but one of my responsibilities was transitioned to him, the one thing I really like. So, I guess I get to continue things. Also - he was the point person for the department for a physical move in 2024. Other than the his creative team (We have a fully functional studio that will need to be moved), I have the biggest issue with the move and he and I were supposed to meet next month on it.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    The house I work in was summoned to a meeting with the program manager and director on Thursday.

Something about how we're being mean to each other

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I have an interview for Team Lead with my agency at 2 PM Wednesday.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I have an interview for Team Lead with my agency at 2 PM Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    godmode

Leave a comment:

• board
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

How much of your time does work comprise? Are you like Rosie or more like a PS5?

Also, I'm not clicking on that link.
    What link? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

How much of your time does work comprise? Are you like Rosie or more like a PS5?

Also, I'm not clicking on that link.
    Do not click the link.

The Better Business Bureau rating of Nuwber Reviews is 1.35 / 5. Here is a sample:

ALERT! Their Data Removal page is a SCAM!!! I followed Nuwber.com’s instructions to remove my information, and now they are PUBLICLY DOXXING ME!!! On every search engine, they display my full name, my phone number, and my full home address after I successfully submitted my request for data removal. They lie to you to make you think your data is gone, BUT IT ABSOLUTELY IS NOT!!! After they accept your removal request, the one webpage is gone, for now. If you go to any search engine and type your name and the city you live in, one of the top results will show all of your personal info they STILL HAVE!! This is because they have not deleted the meta information that their database stores, nor the tags for what was your page. They do this so they can add you back after you stop paying attention. This is fraud! And clearly, they just want to make you go away. I contacted them and told them that I am being stalked by my ex husband with whom I have a restraining order. I told them that they are putting my life in danger, but THEY DON’T CARE! I will have to move yet again, all because of this one crooked and unprofessional website. They fail even to read an email because all they can do is direct my to their useless “remove me” page. I advise everyone online to always use fake info when making accounts online. Fake age, fake address, mask your number and email address too. It’s free. Do not let selfish companies like this win. They don’t care about the blood that is on their hands, so please stop giving these companies what they want. This one is the most evil of them all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X