X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Sounds like UPS made some movement but not enough.

Fun fact, my local union rep is one of the people on the negotiating committee.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    IIRC, Amazon originally began by wet-leasing planes from other cargo operators. In the last 4-5 years, they've started to outright purchase their own fleet, but crewing, maintenance, etc. continue to be contracted out.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    “I will be crafting an email…”

Crafting? How often two you sniff your own a** to start talking that way without even a hint of irony?
    They’re dipping into their cauldron of buzzword soup to generate an email

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Interesting. I thought I had seen Amazon liveries. Maybe it was just that though, a livery on an atlas.
    There definitely are Amazon liveries but they’re operated by Atlas. I don’t know the finer details of their business arrangements though.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    “I will be crafting an email…”

Crafting? How often two you sniff your own a** to start talking that way without even a hint of irony?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    The Teamsters President has specifically said that Amazon is next if they’re successful with the UPS contract.

Also, Amazon doesn’t have pilots. They outsource that work to Atlas Air AFAIK.
    Interesting. I thought I had seen Amazon liveries. Maybe it was just that though, a livery on an atlas.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Also doesn't use ups for our orders anymore. Almost exclusively Amazon delivery.
    The Teamsters President has specifically said that Amazon is next if they’re successful with the UPS contract.

Also, Amazon doesn’t have pilots. They outsource that work to Atlas Air AFAIK.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Dang, that might work. You couldn't hire enough scabs to fill all of those gaps.
    Lol, they can’t even hire people now. They only pay $15-20 (depending on what part of the country) as starting pay. Yeah, there’s great benefits but new hires don’t get those until 12 months. Why bust your *** at 4am for $18 an hour and only a guarantee of 3.5 hours, so you can get a full time driver slot? Oh wait, they don’t put newbies in those because they just slot them into a “flex” shift where you deliver but at a lower pay rate (thanks Hoffa).

Things got so bad they were offering us bonuses for referrals last year, that’s when we knew they were going to be ****ed during a strike.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Teamsters statement.

The UPS Pilots union also announced they’ll be in support if the Teamsters go on strike.
    Dang, that might work. You couldn't hire enough scabs to fill all of those gaps.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Need the Amazon workers and pilots to do it right.
    Also doesn't use ups for our orders anymore. Almost exclusively Amazon delivery.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Teamsters statement.

The UPS Pilots union also announced they’ll be in support if the Teamsters go on strike.
    Need the Amazon workers and pilots to do it right.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Teamsters statement.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    We got raked over in our last contract with a union leadership that was in bed with the company. Those guys got voted out (overwhelmingly) and replaced with some more hardline union guys (the Teamster President is actually a guy out of Boston) so negotiations already started out in a bad spot. Throw in the fact that all of us were working ridiculously hard through the pandemic while the company is posting record profits and you've got a workforce that wants their rightful piece of the pie and willing to fight for it.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I work at UPS and there's a contract negotiation going on right now.

It's not going well.
    Oh goodness I'm totally aware of that. I hadn't heard any update since last week. I just Googled it. It is going to be a huge issue if it happens. I hope for your sake they can come to a resolution.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

No idea what the issue is, but that’s still a month away- time to do more negotiations.
    Well, negotiations are not going well.

The issue is, as usual, money. The company wants to horde their profits for the shareholders, the union wants a piece for the workforce.

We got raked over in our last contract with a union leadership that was in bed with the company. Those guys got voted out (overwhelmingly) and replaced with some more hardline union guys (the Teamster President is actually a guy out of Boston) so negotiations already started out in a bad spot. Throw in the fact that all of us were working ridiculously hard through the pandemic while the company is posting record profits and you've got a workforce that wants their rightful piece of the pie and willing to fight for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X