This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Happy Presidents' Day everyone! How many of you have the day off? I do not. Should be quiet, though.
    We used to plan trips around it, as my wife had it off.

Now it doesn’t matter.

Comment

• Today, I was urged by HR to apply for a case manager role within the agency. Would mean a good pay raise and a chance to actually sit down.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• This is the first company I've worked for that offers MLK Day, Presidents' Day, Juneteenth, and Veterans' Day off in addition to all the other standard ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          This is the first company I've worked for that offers MLK Day, Presidents' Day, Juneteenth, and Veterans' Day off in addition to all the other standard ones.
          Same here.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• My company started giving MLK day and Juneteenth just last year. We don't get president's or veteran's though.
            We are given 2 "diversity days" which are basically floating holidays to do with as we please.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Today, I was urged by HR to apply for a case manager role within the agency. Would mean a good pay raise and a chance to actually sit down.
              Congratulations. Case managers are some of the most important people in my hospital. A couple are also the coolest motherf-ckers I spend time with.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Congratulations. Case managers are some of the most important people in my hospital. A couple are also the coolest motherf-ckers I spend time with.
                I'm laughing as well because a few of the kids i supervise went from "I don't like you" to "can Amber drive us?"
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  My company started giving MLK day and Juneteenth just last year. We don't get president's or veteran's though.
                  We are given 2 "diversity days" which are basically floating holidays to do with as we please.
                  We started getting MLK Day I think in 2020, maybe 2019. We got Juneteenth off in 2020. It was a Friday. It was after George Floyd was killed. It's been weekend days the past two years. Not sure if we will get it off this year. I haven't heard anything. We do not get Presidents Day or Veterans Day.

As my office is at the end of the Boston Marathon route, we would get Patriots Day off. All the family meet up areas are set up around our building and it's just a huge challenge to get in and around the city that day. As a trade off, our office would have to work Columbus Day while all the other Massachusetts offices were closed (they had to work on Patriots Day). Last year they told us they were taking away Patriots Day given how we all pretty much work from home on Mondays anyway, but they did give us an extra personal day to accommodate it. I don't know why they just didn't say "Now home office will have the same holiday schedule as the rest of the MA offices" and give us Columbus Day, but I'm always thankful for an extra personal day.

MissT - that's great news! Keep us posted as to how that goes.

Comment

• I thought the excuse for getting the Boston Marathon off was "Evacuation Day"? Did that change or is that what Patriots Day is or am I senile?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I thought the excuse for getting the Boston Marathon off was "Evacuation Day"? Did that change or is that what Patriots Day is or am I senile?
                      Evacuation Day is March 17th. It's only a holiday in Suffolk County, which is basically just Boston. Patriots Day celebrates the start of the Revolutionary War. "On the 18th of April in '75, hardly a man is now alive who remembers that fateful day and year..." (Paul Revere's Ride).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Evacuation Day is March 17th.
                        Oh, it's the excuse to get drunk. Got it.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh, it's the excuse to get drunk. Got it.
                          Pretty much, yeah. It's a way to not have to work on St. Patrick's Day without having to officially take it off as a vacation day.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I'm laughing as well because a few of the kids i supervise went from "I don't like you" to "can Amber drive us?"
                            I had a kid tell me a handful of days ago he wanted to “rock my world” the first time he met me, but that now I’m one of his favorite staff. You give them more than one chance, generally they’ll give you more than one.

Comment

• Only holidays I get are New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas. Until we got new ownership in early 2020, it was those same ones listed minus Black Friday. But we were given a "floating holiday" instead. But it was so common for many people to just take Black Friday off to make a 4-day weekend so they just did it that way (I don't think I worked black Friday since the first year I was with the company in 2014). I work in aquaculture raising fish (private sector), so someone has to be here every day no matter what (just 1 person at my site on weekends and those listed holidays). So not terribly surprised they don't recognize as many holidays as many other businesses/industries. New ownership is better/more generous with PTO days and what not vs old ownership so at least there is that.

Comment

• We get six, sometimes five, assigned holidays and four, sometimes five, floating holidays we can use whenever.

typically NYD, Memorial, July 4, Labor, turkey day and Black Friday, Christmas and sometimes Christmas Eve.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X