This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    We keep cuttting headcount while demanding growth.

im so miserable I just got a ps5 to try and take my mind off the misery
    Harvard MBAs figured out if you fire half the staff the other half works twice as hard to avoid being fired.

We will never be free until the last owner is strangled with the entrails of the last financier.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Yeah you always gotta love the "hey help us meet our bonuses!" presentations. Maybe they dangle you along for a 3% raise instead of the usual 2%!
      My last 8 years at Raytheon my raise never exceeded 4%. I moved to a tiny company, got a 25% increase in salary, and this year they gave me a 6% raise.

I was an absolute fool to hang on for 16 years but I got my pension muthaf-cka.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Harvard MBAs figured out if you fire half the staff the other half works twice as hard to avoid being fired.

We will never be free until the last owner is strangled with the entrails of the last financier.
        A huge shout out to bartenders, neighborhood weed dealers, and line cooks for doing more for society than any CEO at any point in human history.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

A huge shout out to bartenders, neighborhood weed dealers, and line cooks for doing more for society than any CEO at any point in human history.
          Also to the homeless and the aborted.
          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I was told on here people like this kind of stress.

Comment

• I think for the first time in my life, I'm gonna have to pass on a "promotion" that is being dropped in my lap.

The new gig would be running our warehouse's Automated Picking System (Picks = outbound customer orders) for my shift. I've been working as an "assistant" (lack of a better term here for y'all) on/off for about three years, so I have a general idea what should be going on with the gig.

The new gig doesn't offer anything beyond perks that would look good on a resume. I'll make the same (my hourly goes up, but I lose Incentive Pay. It's a wash in the end) and I take on more responsibility. I also go from being 1 of 200 people accountable for work getting done to 1 of 10. So when any of the other 10 slack off, I am likely to have more dumped directly onto my lap. Not something I want, as I have no desire to really get into Upper Management.

Also, I've been "training" with this system for two weeks now. There is ZERO formal training procedure. It's basically "follow your buddy around and ask questions on your own" only your buddy doesn't want to engage you in any way. Also it's quite clear that this has lead to training being a "Copy of a copy from another copy" situation. Like stuff that I know SHOULD be done is blatantly skipped/ignored, although not all of it is through willful ignorance.

I've asked myself "*** is this?!" many times over these two weeks. It's 100% a case of fresh eyes coming in and not being able to overlook stuff that I know was normal but has evolved into something different and (and unless clarification was made above my pay grade) not acceptable, but is overlooked.

It's just a frustrating thing. And I'm not 100% sure what the reaction will be when I say "Thanks, but No Thanks."
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I'm of the firm belief that it's just as important to know what you don't want to do as what you want to do. Good for you for making that realization. Though I have to ask - if this new position came with a bigger salary bump, would you consider it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I'm of the firm belief that it's just as important to know what you don't want to do as what you want to do. Good for you for making that realization. Though I have to ask - if this new position came with a bigger salary bump, would you consider it?
                  If they came in with an additional 12-15% raise, sure, I'd take on the additional headaches. Even with that, I have very specific questions regarding the accountability of others that would be asked and if they aren't addressed properly I'd walk on the position, even with the raise.

Overall I just see the position getting a lot worse before it gets better. I'm sure I hurt my chances for future consideration by passing now. It's just not a good fit for me with the other people involved.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

If they came in with an additional 12-15% raise, sure, I'd take on the additional headaches. Even with that, I have very specific questions regarding the accountability of others that would be asked and if they aren't addressed properly I'd walk on the position, even with the raise.

Overall I just see the position getting a lot worse before it gets better. I'm sure I hurt my chances for future consideration by passing now. It's just not a good fit for me with the other people involved.
                    It seems crazy that a promotion - especially to one of much greater responsibility - wouldn't come with a raise. Who would take that other than a climber that thinks it'll be a springboard?
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• My department is realigning into industry verticals, which I'm not thrilled about to begin with. But I was at least hoping to do anything except Telco, Gov't/Public, and Financial Services.

Where does my AVP put me? Gov't/Public...of course. *grrrrrrrrrr*

In 7 years of consulting, I've had two state clients, one city client, and ZERO fed experience. I also don't have a security clearance and I don't really want to go through the hoops to get one if we start closing a bunch of DoD/DoD-adjacent sales. I talked to my manager about it, and he thinks the AVP probably put me there because they need to balance out the product skillsets in each vertical and I have more ServiceNow product certs than most people, so I can cover a lot of gaps.

In conjunction with the realignment, we're creating a new Principal role for each industry vertical. The first three Principals to be created will be Manufacturing/Retail, Financial Services, and Telco. I've applied for Principal over Manufacturing/Retail and I hope I get it, or else someone hand me the Excedrin because it's gonna be a long year.

Comment

• Happy Presidents' Day everyone! How many of you have the day off? I do not. Should be quiet, though.

Comment

Happy Presidents' Day everyone! How many of you have the day off? I do not. Should be quiet, though.
                          I don't. I work in residential foster care.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Happy Presidents' Day everyone! How many of you have the day off? I do not. Should be quiet, though.
                            I do, but both my wife and daughter are sick, so I actually don’t have the day off at all.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Old company used to. New one does not; instead we have "spring holiday" which is a way of saying Good Friday without actually saying Good Friday. OK by me, President's Day is too close to MLK Day, I'd rather space them out.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Never used to but do with my new company.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X