X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh deer
    I told them to keep it up. STEMmies can't spell, and we can always say we respect cost control so much we didn't spend tax dollars to fix it.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hard to get work done when you’re constantly doing rounds of cuts and no one knows if they wil be employed in a few months.

I love it

Comment

• Someday the people will own the means of production.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Someday the people will own the means of production.
          Boss makes a dollar
          I make a dime
          That was a poem
          from a simpler time.

Boss makes a dollar
          I don't make jack
          That's why I riot
          To seize the means back.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Boss makes a dollar
            I make a dime
            That was a poem
            from a simpler time.

Boss makes a dollar
            I don't make jack
            That's why I riot
            To seize the means back.
            I recently found out my boss likely makes 2x what I do. I didn't like that given he's going to have everyone leave his department because his management style is "don't rock the boat"

Out previous boss, who reported to this boss, was the opposite. Spent all of his political capital on doing what was best for his employees. All of it.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The irony is the "boss" is just another prisoner on the plantation. They're just the overseer.

The owner is the parasite. And the owner is also in a trap, since they are locked in a moral and financial death spiral with the other owners. A global prison where literally nobody wins except the handful of fortunate sons who live off the proceeds.

Jesus what a system. It's a gang, where you are beaten in and then have to continually adhere to the code of violence or face reprisal yourself. And we put our kids through a conveyor belt training them up to be cogs under the guise of "education."

The last gasp of the territorial gorilla brain evolved in a world of resource scarcity.

Last edited by Kepler; 02-07-2023, 08:09 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The irony is the "boss" is just another prisoner on the plantation. They're just the overseer.

The owner is the parasite. And the owner is also in a trap, since they are locked in a moral and financial death spiral with the other owners. A global prison where literally nobody wins except the handful of fortunate sons who live off the proceeds.

Jesus what a system. It's a gang, where you are beaten in and then have to continually adhere to the code of violence or face reprisal yourself. And we put our kids through a conveyor belt training them up to be cogs under the guise of "education."

The last gasp of the territorial gorilla brain evolved in a world of resource scarcity.
                I was asked to work a double on Friday, and while I left it at "no," I wanted to respond with "I could, but do you feel like scraping me off the floor at 8 PM?"
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Today is my 23rd anniversary with the company. It is also my manager's anniversary, 13 or so years apart. What are the odds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Today is my 23rd anniversary with the company. It is also my manager's anniversary, 13 or so years apart. What are the odds?
                    That's cool! Congrats! I just hit my unofficial 6th, however the first 6 months of that was with a staffing agency and doesn't officially count.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Today is my 23rd anniversary with the company. It is also my manager's anniversary, 13 or so years apart. What are the odds?
                      1 in 365.25
                      Cornell University

Comment

• I've been in business for 35 years in May
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Watching part of corporate Global Town Halls is boring. I watch part, 'cause I can't with the whole thing. I have work that I need to do, and hearing about how we're striving to be "employer of choice" but no actual details on how you're doing that...super. Thanks for throwing that 1 line in to make it sound like you care about employees, now you can get back to spending the rest of the hour and a half about stakeholders, customers, and how we are going to take over the competition. cool.

Getting very high on the burnout this week. Too many projects, too many initiatives, not enough time has me putting in 9-10 hours in the plant and then still coming home and working, and still nowhere near keeping up with the workload.

I don't want to quit, but I would like my company to realize if they expect to increase revenue in our plant by 50% each year they might need to hire more indirect heads. We need to buy 50% more items, but no new buyers, schedule 50% more product, no new schedulers, add 5 new to us product lines, no new manufacturing engineers, qualify 30 top level new to us parts for customers, no new quality engineers

"we want to be best in class quality" cool, then invest in automation, don't continue to offer to make items that we make 1 of a year unless it's offered at a prototype price, 'cause it's basically a prototype, and maybe hire some indirect heads.

/past my bedtime and logged into my work computer
                          /rant
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Watching part of corporate Global Town Halls is boring. I watch part, 'cause I can't with the whole thing. I have work that I need to do, and hearing about how we're striving to be "employer of choice" but no actual details on how you're doing that...super. Thanks for throwing that 1 line in to make it sound like you care about employees, now you can get back to spending the rest of the hour and a half about stakeholders, customers, and how we are going to take over the competition. cool.

Getting very high on the burnout this week. Too many projects, too many initiatives, not enough time has me putting in 9-10 hours in the plant and then still coming home and working, and still nowhere near keeping up with the workload.

I don't want to quit, but I would like my company to realize if they expect to increase revenue in our plant by 50% each year they might need to hire more indirect heads. We need to buy 50% more items, but no new buyers, schedule 50% more product, no new schedulers, add 5 new to us product lines, no new manufacturing engineers, qualify 30 top level new to us parts for customers, no new quality engineers

"we want to be best in class quality" cool, then invest in automation, don't continue to offer to make items that we make 1 of a year unless it's offered at a prototype price, 'cause it's basically a prototype, and maybe hire some indirect heads.

/past my bedtime and logged into my work computer
                            /rant
                            Sounds eeeeeerily familiar.
                            Code:

Comment

• Yeah you always gotta love the "hey help us meet our bonuses!" presentations. Maybe they dangle you along for a 3% raise instead of the usual 2%!
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• We keep cuttting headcount while demanding growth.

im so miserable I just got a ps5 to try and take my mind off the misery

Comment

Working...
                                X