Antiwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You know the rules. If you want to be stable stay. If you want to advance, leave. I knew a guy at Raytheon who was passed over for promotion twice. He left. 15 months later he came back, skipped two levels, and got an ungodly raise.

You can't climb anymore, you have to parkour.
    Funny- that happened at Ford- a manager I knew left for GM, and then came back as a director.

Comment

• At my internship, I was moved to a separate cube room. I know it was to make room for a new employee, but at the same time, I hear Lumbergh saying "yeah, we're going to need you to move to the basement..."
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Funny- that happened at Ford- a manager I knew left for GM, and then came back as a director.
        Good for him, but unfortunately that doesn't happen too often. Most of us have to start everything from the scratch after living one place of work.
        It happened to me couple of times already and at the end i decided to try launching my own text services for business, which will help people and companies to get in touch with each other.
        Last edited by anygreen; 11-29-2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anygreen View Post

Good for him, but unfortunately that doesn't happen too often
          I saw plenty of people change from one auto company to another. I'm sure it happens quite a bit. Heck, Lee Iacocca was President of Ford before he moved to Chrysler to be CEO- that was a decade before I started working.

For sure, people would jump across town to take a promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by anygreen View Post

Good for him, but unfortunately that doesn't happen too often
            In some industries like mine it is the only way up the ladder unless you want to wait 30 years.

The pinballing of managers and execs in intel-mil contracting is comical.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• You guys know you're talking to a bot, right?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• A really cool part of my job is having a 13 year old child educate me on games like Rocket League.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You guys know you're talking to a bot, right?
                  It's ok, had to be replied to- r morons can't be left alone every time they are letting their bots do their thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    A really cool part of my job is having a 13 year old child educate me on games like Rocket League.
                    It’s funny watching the reactions of kids when they find out older people play video games too.

My daughter’s friends marvel in wonder when they find out her mom and dad play Minecraft and Stardew Valley.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      You guys know you're talking to a bot, right?
                      "We are all bots." -- Patricia Churchland
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Berlin, my beloved city

https://***********/atomly/status/15...v_FwqXSrf68WuQ

Comment

• I am very grateful that my agency hired a couple other 40+ year olds to staff the same house as me.

Comment

• I think I'm in a good place when I'm discussing how "twat" is a great word with the clinical team.

Comment

• I work with teenagers, and thinking about the level of vitriol I get from them for simply breathing:

Teenagers didn't think I was cool when I was a teenager; why would they start now?

Comment

• I drive for Uber Eats for extra income. It's amazing the amount of idiots who still think I'm going to pick up their McDonald's order for no tip and high mileage.

Comment

Working...
                                X