X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Can confirm.
    At this point, I would rather have a Glucose Guardian* than work.

*gender neutral term for Sugar Daddy/Mommy
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I played soccer with the kids at work today, and dear God, I am not as in shape as I thought.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• So headlines today is that my former employer is cutting 3000 jobs where I worked. Even better time to retire.

Comment

• At my new job, we have a couple of non-binary teenagers.

They like me. One even called me a "bad b-tch" as a compliment yesterday.

My soul is full.

Comment

• I like working with kids, even on days there are multiple Critical Incident/Adverse Event forms to fill out.

As a rule, I believe kids are awesome. Adults are generally terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I like working with kids, even on days there are multiple Critical Incident/Adverse Event forms to fill out.

As a rule, I believe kids are awesome. Adults are generally terrible.
              Kids are just adults with poor credit. 75% of them suck too.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Former boss before I left: "don't worry, they'll put your PTO on your final paycheck."

Checked bank account tonight: a paycheck was pending deposit, but unused PTO pay wasn't on there.

Texted former boss to let her know.

Her response: "I don't know how they do it. Call payroll on Friday."

*Sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Kids are just adults with poor credit. 75% of them suck too.
                  Kid tonight ripped into me because reasons.

I also understand that kid is acting from a place of deep hurt and trauma.

Comment

Kid tonight ripped into me because reasons.

I also understand that kid is acting from a place of deep hurt and trauma.
                    So's the adult.

I didn't say it was our fault we're creeps, just the fact of.

Like the Poors, I have sympathy, recognize it isn't their fault, and support policies that will give them the opportunity for a fulfilling life after the prison of capitalism. But I don't want to hang out with them.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Cool thing about my job:

I've been given ways to make my ADHD productive. For example

If I need to pace, I've been told to do a security check.

If I need to calm myself down, I get to journal.

And if you mention feeling sad or anxious, they will check in with you so they can talk you through it. At my last job, I was told to bottle it up until it was time to go home.

Comment

Cool thing about my job:

I've been given ways to make my ADHD productive. For example

If I need to pace, I've been told to do a security check.

If I need to calm myself down, I get to journal.

And if you mention feeling sad or anxious, they will check in with you so they can talk you through it. At my last job, I was told to bottle it up until it was time to go home.
                        One of my latest groups I ran at the hospital featured Last Week Tonight’s “Mental Health” episode. Before I played the clip, I asked the kids what kind of feedback they’d heard when first seeking help for their mental health issues. The first girl I called upon answered “Basically being told ‘suck it up, buttercup.’” You know this country’s mental health care system is ****ed up when the people who work in it actually use “Suck it up, buttercup”, as their first response to a mental health issue.

Comment

• Flaggy's looking for a job. Guess he doesn't want to get in any more trouble ogling coworkers: https://twitter.com/tattooed_bug/sta...97657107292162

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Flaggy's looking for a job. Guess he doesn't want to get in any more trouble ogling coworkers: https://twitter.com/tattooed_bug/sta...97657107292162
                            James Watson can't even get a job on a lab bench anymore.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Started to look for a new job and i hate it honestly. It's been a while since i've done it.
                              I have my small delivery business besides that but unfortunately it can't cover all my needs and expenses at the moment.
                              I am planning to make some changes ( like start using microsoft 365 business voice sms for example) and see if it brings some results, so hopefully in couple of months i not gonna need a job anymore and save all my efforts for my business.
                              Last edited by anygreen; 09-29-2022, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• My internship is case management for autistic kids.

​​​​​​Most mothers and families will work with us and wait for us to advocate for their child.

This one mother asked us to see if they could help her kid get into special needs classes, and I'm like "okay, cool." Super tells me to call the school and ask about the process for special needs education.

I call the school. School tells me "the mother pulled pulled him out and there's nothing more they can do."

The supervisor and I just look at each other and sigh deeply.

Comment

Working...
                                X