Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We moved to a 16-digit one in October of 2020. When I created mine the system told me it had a one in 8 million+ chance of being cracked. We change it once a year.

Comment

• And that's true for brute force attacks, however virtually all unwanted entries are from idiots getting phished.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Yeah my hospital org moved to a 15-digit passcode with no character requirements (no caps, no numbers needed, etc.) and it doesn't expire. Research suggests that the more you require updates, the less careful people get. How many people put sticky notes with logins on their monitor? That's totes safe!
        I don't have my password for my employer's systems on a sticky note on my desk.....but I do have the login names and passwords on a sticky note for customer portals. Although, at this point I log into [large construction equipment company] enough I have that one memorized, despite the login name being random letters and numbers.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Who uses sticky notes?

I just use the notes app on my phone…
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• < looks at dozens of sticky notes all over office >
            < slinks towards water fountain marked "Olds" >
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If you have to write down passwords, at least set them up as a password vault on your iPacifier. Then you only have to remember two - your phone passcode or biometric, and then either a password or biometric to access the password vault. Finally, ensure your phone is encrypted and will wipe itself in case anyone tries to brute force their way in. IIRC, Samsung's Knox encryption is basically enabled by default on new Samsung phones running Android 9.0 or higher, so I'm sure crApple's phones have something similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                < looks at dozens of sticky notes all over office >
                We're at the outside edge of the herd, Kep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Who uses sticky notes?

I just use the notes app on my phone…
                  Keychain is a godsend. My only two gripes are I can't use it on my laptop (apple ecosphere only) and whatever they did with iOS 15 you can no longer read the entirety of longer passwords.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The younger had his first photo-shoot last week some of which has shown up in an ad / trending article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      < looks at dozens of sticky notes all over office >
                      Nice to see you here.

And I guess I’m just a broken record. Found out today that the head of our team (my previous direct manager) is also on vacation this week when i got an out of office from her asking her a question about our team meeting starting Monday. My co-worker is in the office with me this week and when I got an out of office from the head of our team, I asked my co-worker and she says “Yeah, she’s on the Vineyard for a few days.” I mean, I have no problem with people going on vacation. But this install this week is a huge deal and add onto that not only the team meeting for which she’s having me do a bunch of things but also a two-day video shoot in the office with the CEO, President and all the other executives - well, how about giving me a quick “Hey, I’m on FTO but reachable if anything happens or you need me.” Also, my direct manager is also on vacation this week. I asked her before she left (because she actually told me about her vacation this time) “Will [head of our team] be in the office during this installation?” She says no. Not “No, she’s going to be on vacation as well.” And why did my co-worker know and not me?

So I vented to my co-worker. I told her I was really frustrated with not knowing stuff like this, especially when we’re in the middle of these huge programs. She tells me I should bring it up at our team meeting next week. No, I’m not doing that in front of everyone. Please. Then she said i should talk to direct manager in our one on one. I told her I did that once, I asked about her vacation plans for the summer, she told me about the vacation this week but neglected to tell me about her trip to Paris and if I hadn’t overheard her talking about the trip to someone not even on our team, I wouldn’t have known she was going till her email to us at 9pm the night before she left. So bringing it up to her probably won’t do anything.

Comment

• I'm working on this very thing in my new management team's meetings as we get our new teams ready. Time off communication is important.

We're going to make a shared Teams calendar and require everyone to put their time off there.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I have a Google sheet for my team (well, when I had a team) that everyone can track vacation time on. It shows each person how much PTO they have left for the year, and then each person's page feeds into the front page so I can make sure we don't have everyone off at the same time. My vacations are on there as well, so they can see it, and I try to give them a heads up too. My hourly person also had to request time off in our time clock system, but it was easy enough for me to add to the google sheet when I approved the time off requests
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I have a Google sheet for my team (well, when I had a team) that everyone can track vacation time on. It shows each person how much PTO they have left for the year, and then each person's page feeds into the front page so I can make sure we don't have everyone off at the same time. My vacations are on there as well, so they can see it, and I try to give them a heads up too. My hourly person also had to request time off in our time clock system, but it was easy enough for me to add to the google sheet when I approved the time off requests
                            Our Outlook lists all our days off, vacations, TDYs, everything, as far in advance as we know. It is the mechanism by which we inform our bosses, so there is 100% compliance. There are no exceptions -- everybody, including them, puts their data in and it is transparent to everyone.

I've been in The Biz so long I thought everywhere was like this now. The tech is ubiquitous, so failure for bosses to use it is feudal malevolence.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Kinda glad I'm on the lower end of the totem pole and has the phrase "above my pay grade" ready when necessary.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Kinda glad I'm on the lower end of the totem pole and has the phrase "above my pay grade" ready when necessary.
                                The phrases “not my job” and “then pay me for it to my job” are infinitely better.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X