Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Please tell me there were no survivors.
    The 'gators in the pond did. What you got against them?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I had a job interview today for working with behavioral foster kids. These kids can be violent and often come from jail or problematic backgrounds.

I hope I get it; it would be 32 hours a week with a definite pay increase. In the interview, they talked about putting me in a house with a lot of queer kids.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Brag time:

My wife works at the same place I do. She’s been working as a first level “home room” manager in Systems Engineering. She recently decided that she’d like to give up the personnel management responsibilities and go back to a purely technical role. The default next stop after her management level would be T5 (T1 is college hire, T7 is the top). She went ahead and filled out an application with the Technical Review Board, chaired by our division VP of engineering, to become a T6 instead.

She found out the results this week - after reviewing her credentials and hearing “testimony” from her current program leadership, they promoted her to a T7! Out of 20,000 employees in our Sector, there were only 131 T7s (now 132!) only about 5 of which are women. Not too shabby especially considering that she has spent 16 months out of the last 5 years on maternity leave and is a devoted mother of a 3 and 4 year old.

I married way out of my league!
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          It's the only way to marry! (clinks glasses together)
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Brag time:

My wife works at the same place I do. She’s been working as a first level “home room” manager in Systems Engineering. She recently decided that she’d like to give up the personnel management responsibilities and go back to a purely technical role. The default next stop after her management level would be T5 (T1 is college hire, T7 is the top). She went ahead and filled out an application with the Technical Review Board, chaired by our division VP of engineering, to become a T6 instead.

She found out the results this week - after reviewing her credentials and hearing “testimony” from her current program leadership, they promoted her to a T7! Out of 20,000 employees in our Sector, there were only 131 T7s (now 132!) only about 5 of which are women. Not too shabby especially considering that she has spent 16 months out of the last 5 years on maternity leave and is a devoted mother of a 3 and 4 year old.

Congrats to her, Lynah.

Comment

Brag time:

Worked for me, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                I had a job interview today for working with behavioral foster kids. These kids can be violent and often come from jail or problematic backgrounds.

I hope I get it; it would be 32 hours a week with a definite pay increase. In the interview, they talked about putting me in a house with a lot of queer kids.
                Good luck!

And congrats to Mrs. Lynah!
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Good luck!

And congrats to Mrs. Lynah!
                  Thank you! If I don't get the job, oh well.

Also, state licensing requirements say we need to have two people on staff at all times. And yet, I've been by myself on second shift often over the past couple weeks.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Maybe it's the way I present things. Maybe it's the way I hear things but...was just on a call with my manager and co-worker to go over specs for a large install that I am overseeing in our home office next week. My manager is on vacation next week. My co-worker will be with me. The week after - August 1-2, we are having a full team meeting. Four members of my team live out of state so they are flying in, will have two or three nights in a hotel. My co-worker was supposed to be on vacation but just said on the phone how she will be there for Monday and my manager said to her she and her husband should get a hotel in Boston. I asked "I can expense parking, right?" And she almost kinda rolled her eyes and then said yes. I can't really articulate it. Did she think I was being a bit of a whiny baby asking? Like, why are you even asking of course. It was weird. I said you just offered co-worker a night in a hotel in Boston. And we're flying in others. I think you can afford the $19 I pay to park.

Also, I started the call mentioning how my mom is here because I have my oral surgery today, which I've been talking about FOR WEEKS - oh, that's today? And we were getting off the call - did a get "Good luck! I'm sure it will go well!" etc. Why, no, I didn't. Not sure why this crap bothers me so much. But it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Maybe it's the way I present things. Maybe it's the way I hear things but...was just on a call with my manager and co-worker to go over specs for a large install that I am overseeing in our home office next week. My manager is on vacation next week. My co-worker will be with me. The week after - August 1-2, we are having a full team meeting. Four members of my team live out of state so they are flying in, will have two or three nights in a hotel. My co-worker was supposed to be on vacation but just said on the phone how she will be there for Monday and my manager said to her she and her husband should get a hotel in Boston. I asked "I can expense parking, right?" And she almost kinda rolled her eyes and then said yes. I can't really articulate it. Did she think I was being a bit of a whiny baby asking? Like, why are you even asking of course. It was weird. I said you just offered co-worker a night in a hotel in Boston. And we're flying in others. I think you can afford the $19 I pay to park.

Also, I started the call mentioning how my mom is here because I have my oral surgery today, which I've been talking about FOR WEEKS - oh, that's today? And we were getting off the call - did a get "Good luck! I'm sure it will go well!" etc. Why, no, I didn't. Not sure why this crap bothers me so much. But it does.
                      Why is it really so shocking that "The Great Resignation" has continued to go on? Depending on the situation with my life, looking for a better job would be a pretty important thing for me in that position.

It's kind of funny, too- with the huge shortage of workers- my SIL was recently fired because she was not willing to work without any kind of schedule and known location. It took her less than a week to find a new job that was even closer to home and even more of a normal work schedule. And the first company was doing the new "schedule" due to shortages.

Comment

Maybe it's the way I present things. Maybe it's the way I hear things but...was just on a call with my manager and co-worker to go over specs for a large install that I am overseeing in our home office next week. My manager is on vacation next week. My co-worker will be with me. The week after - August 1-2, we are having a full team meeting. Four members of my team live out of state so they are flying in, will have two or three nights in a hotel. My co-worker was supposed to be on vacation but just said on the phone how she will be there for Monday and my manager said to her she and her husband should get a hotel in Boston. I asked "I can expense parking, right?" And she almost kinda rolled her eyes and then said yes. I can't really articulate it. Did she think I was being a bit of a whiny baby asking? Like, why are you even asking of course. It was weird. I said you just offered co-worker a night in a hotel in Boston. And we're flying in others. I think you can afford the $19 I pay to park.

It's weird to me that if your co-worker is local your manager would tell her she can get a hotel. I don't know what to make of the reaction to expensing parking. I would think if coworker can get a hotel company can afford your parking.

As for the other, I hope your mom's oral surgery went well. Don't read into people not saying anything about it. Most people think of oral surgery as minor. I don't wish people good luck going to the dentist, and it wasn't even your surgery.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

• It's not her oral surgery. It's my oral surgery. After that call, we had a team meeting, the same two plus one other and this time my manager did say good luck and let us know. Too little too late - heh.

Comment

It's not her oral surgery. It's my oral surgery. After that call, we had a team meeting, the same two plus one other and this time my manager did say good luck and let us know. Too little too late - heh.
                            I misread. I hope it went well.

Work is dumb. My team of 3, including me, is now down to me and an intern on loan from a different department. I work for a smaller division of a large corporation. We have to go through the corporate 'talent acquisition managers' to fill open positions. The engineer position has been open for 5 weeks, they've gotten me 1 candidate to interview so far. The worst part is, I had the heads up from my engineer 5 months ago that he'd be moving this summer. How long ago was I trying to get the requisition approved to backfill a position.....a long frickin' time ago.

I hope I have the stamina to make it through this, but I don't know if I do. Especially when my plant manager dumps more on my plate which I think really belongs under the manufacturing engineering team, and he has 4 engineers and 2 interns. Everywhere I've worked production work instructions have fallen under manufacturing engineering. Here it was under quality when the quality team had industrial and lean engineers that worked on them. I haven't had that since I became quality manager.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Jeebus. That's insane. It's $20. My boss doesn't even answer me on teams when I ask to buy the project team lunch.

It cost your company more for her to even has to answer the question.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Didn't get the job, but at least I will still be employed with the company taking over Hope Neuro Rehabilitation.

Hopefully a larger company means higher pay and a simpler system, including one login for everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X