Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So another heavy lift employee is leaving for greener pastures. We made a strong counter offer but he is looking for something new. What's frustrating is that our pay and roles have been frozen for 2 years during Covid, and we (low level managers) have been sounding the alarm for over a year. We've had a lot of turnover due to that.

This guy wouldn't even have been looking had we properly promoted/compensated him.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      This guy wouldn't even have been looking had we properly promoted/compensated him.
      That's how companies kill themselves. Darwin's just clickin' along.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• $14.65/hour isn't enough to deal with the crap I deal with on a daily basis, including the need to be "mentally on" at all times. Being hit, spit on, yelled at, insulted, and more... it's exhausting.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          So another heavy lift employee is leaving for greener pastures. We made a strong counter offer but he is looking for something new. What's frustrating is that our pay and roles have been frozen for 2 years during Covid, and we (low level managers) have been sounding the alarm for over a year. We've had a lot of turnover due to that.

That's becoming quite a common thing...

Same deal at my place of employment...

We're in a super competitive market for forklift jockeys and are around the midline or just below it as far as pay goes. But management thinks that new bodies are an inexhaustible resource. That strategy has worked since our building opened 12 years ago, but the last couple years have shifted that. Now other warehouses are pushing higher pay rates and making it known, but we have been slow to react. Now we're reaching critical levels of staffing because there hasn't been the replenishment of vacancies that needs to happen.

(And just to be clear, this industry ALWAYS has a super high turnover rate at the bottom. It's not a job where there is a new opening once in a blue moon. So the need to bring new people in the door has always been there. It's just at a point to where there is urgency needed now.)
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• One of my residents deliberately pulled the fire alarm today.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              One of my residents deliberately pulled the fire alarm today.
              It’s happened at my hospital more than once. I’ve also had countless patients deliberately break a sprinkler head in their room.

One of my favorite memories is of a psychotic teenage patient detoxing from spice who tried pulling a fire alarm behind the nurse’s station. He effortlessly jumped over the counter and started yanking on the alarm. I had to run around to the door, and when I got inside and grabbed his arm, he choke-slammed me up against the wall. I watched this same patient drink his own urine and masturbate naked countless times while singing reggae music, so having him choke-slam me instead of masturbate was a nice change of pace.

Comment

• Coming back to work on a Monday after taking Friday off makes me feel like I've been away from work for two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

It’s happened at my hospital more than once. I’ve also had countless patients deliberately break a sprinkler head in their room.

One of my favorite memories is of a psychotic teenage patient detoxing from spice who tried pulling a fire alarm behind the nurse’s station. He effortlessly jumped over the counter and started yanking on the alarm. I had to run around to the door, and when I got inside and grabbed his arm, he choke-slammed me up against the wall. I watched this same patient drink his own urine and masturbate naked countless times while singing reggae music, so having him choke-slam me instead of masturbate was a nice change of pace.
                  I'm at the point where a portal to a dark netherworld could open up in the house kitchen and I'd like "just another thing I gotta work with."

Comment

• Not sure how to feel, but the Neuro rehab side of Hope Network, where I work, will be absorbed by a larger national company.

Not sure if this is good or bad.

Comment

• One of my residents attempted to go through grass and over a curb with his power wheelchair today.

I'm at a place where maybe working at Target or food service feels like it would be less stressful...

Comment

• Some days I really love my job. Today is not one of those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Some days I really love my job. Today is not one of those days.
                          < virtual fist-bump >
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• I'm going to watch as karma destroys my boss. Micromanaging and pressuring people to come in has driven my workplace to DGAF mode.

Comment

• A live look at the economy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                A live look at the economy...
                                Please tell me there were no survivors.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X