This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    The only positive I see in paying for commuting is may stop outward sprawl, so better for the environment.
    The other positive is people are paid for their suffering.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The other positive is people are paid for their suffering.
      I mean they’ll be cooking or drowning or starving to death so sure

Comment

• Well, it's official. I'm retired.

And I'm quite happy. Especially in the context of so many friends who also retired today, but didn't want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
          Well, it's official. I'm retired.

And I'm quite happy. Especially in the context of so many friends who also retired today, but didn't want to.
          Congratulations. You are free. What's it like?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Congratulations. You are free. What's it like?
            Pretty darned nice, so far. It's been all of 2 hours, and I'm still smiling.

Comment

• I'm 38 years old and I am already looking forward to retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                I'm 38 years old and I am already looking forward to retirement.
                I've got 17.5 years til I hit the rule of 88 and can retire with a full pension.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I've got 17.5 years til I hit the rule of 88 and can retire with a full pension.
                  Theoretically, our number was 85, and I hit that sometime in May or June, but thankfully, once you hit 30, that's the trump card. And that was 2 months ago- I waited until my wife retired- which is next week.

Comment

• A little help, please:

I have painful hardware in my right foot. It's pushing up against the skin and another surgery will be needed.

I am attempting to figure out options, considering I'm not eligible for FMLA and I have virtually no PTO.

​I know my company allows people to donate PTO, but it's a messed up policy.

Thinking of hobbling away and looking for a job where I can do most of my work sitting.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Pretty darned nice, so far. It's been all of 2 hours, and I'm still smiling.
                      Congrats!!!!!!!!
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Well, it's official. I'm retired.

Congrats!

That makes 2 of us on the same day. Last e-mail sent on Friday @ 4:58. Original plan was end of March, but I stayed 1 additional month out of the goodness of my heart. There no truth to the rumor that Friday's plunge in the stock market is in any way related to our retirement news.
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                          Congrats!

That makes 2 of us on the same day. Last e-mail sent on Friday @ 4:58. Original plan was end of March, but I stayed 1 additional month out of the goodness of my heart. There no truth to the rumor that Friday's plunge in the stock market is in any way related to our retirement news.
                          Awesome! A guy on another board retired on Friday, too.

Then again, my company also forced a bunch of people to retire Friday, as well...

Comment

• Am I wrong to be upset that I found out today (Thursday) that my manager is going to be in Florida next week? I'm on a conference call with a bunch of people and she mentioned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Am I wrong to be upset that I found out today (Thursday) that my manager is going to be in Florida next week? I'm on a conference call with a bunch of people and she mentioned it.
                              Seems like that could have been better communicated...
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Am I wrong to be upset that I found out today (Thursday) that my manager is going to be in Florida next week? I'm on a conference call with a bunch of people and she mentioned it.
                                Work trip or vacation? If the latter, not sure why you'd be upset? Boss being gone for a week means the cat is away and the mice will play...

Comment

Working...
                                X