This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Didn't he develop a reputation for brutality and cruelty in Syria?
    His nickname is The Butcher of Syria.

He is believed to be behind the Kramatorsk railway station attack, that left at least 52 mostly women, children and elderly dead.[15][16][17] According to retired admiral James G. Stavridis,[1] "The appointment of this new general indicates Vladimir Putin’s intent to continue this conflict for months, if not years...He is the goon called in by Vladimir Putin to flatten cities like Aleppo in Syria... He has used tools of terrorism throughout that period, including working with the Syrian forces, torture centers, systematic rape, nerve agents. He is the worst for the worst."
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-11-2022, 10:37 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Well that's... just lovely.

These are Trump's favorites.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Well that's... just lovely.

These are Trump's favorites.
        Putin is Dump, only much shorter and somewhat less stupid. Otherwise they are the same, and their followers are the same.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We should forcibly relocate all the remaining Dump and Putin supporters to Florida, build a wall/levee at the border, and wait for the hurricanes and climate change-induced flooding to finish them off.

Comment

• This is the Way.

Cornell University

Comment

• Huh?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Huh?
                Gone with the wind, oh well. Nothing important.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Wish I could still find the gear grinder thread, but taking professional certification exams remotely grinds my gears. Can't have anything on the desk, including second monitors, speakers, writing materials, etc. Door has to be closed for duration of exam, so you have to kick any pets out and tell everyone else in the house not to disturb you until you open the door again. Must install software in advance for testing purposes and to validate your system specs, camera, microphone, and internet connection are all acceptable. Remote proctor has to see your ID (and everything on said ID has to match your profile exactly) and then you have to pan the room with your webcam, including under the desk, and they will tell you to remove anything they don't like. Camera has to remain in view of your head & shoulders, your computer, and the room door at all times. Obviously, the software locks you out of any other applications on your computer during the exam.

Honestly, I think I'm going to just start driving to a testing center again next time I have to take a test for a cert.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Wish I could still find the gear grinder thread, but taking professional certification exams remotely grinds my gears. Can't have anything on the desk, including second monitors, speakers, writing materials, etc. Door has to be closed for duration of exam, so you have to kick any pets out and tell everyone else in the house not to disturb you until you open the door again. Must install software in advance for testing purposes and to validate your system specs, camera, microphone, and internet connection are all acceptable. Remote proctor has to see your ID (and everything on said ID has to match your profile exactly) and then you have to pan the room with your webcam, including under the desk, and they will tell you to remove anything they don't like. Camera has to remain in view of your head & shoulders, your computer, and the room door at all times. Obviously, the software locks you out of any other applications on your computer during the exam.

Honestly, I think I'm going to just start driving to a testing center again next time I have to take a test for a cert.
                    It's outrageous, especially when (for me) those exams are open book/system.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Been in the office since Tuesday. Here managing our return to office activation as I was last week. Both yesterday and today I've seen two co-workers in my department show up and they have parked in our garage. The same one I requested access to for managing this event for three weeks. While I do not in any way begrudge my co-workers getting parking, I'm super annoyed at the moment that they were allowed to park and I was not. And I've been here before 7:00am each day to get this activation up and running. I'm off tomorrow, going to Opening Day. I asked if I could come in to park to get something out of my cube as it's Friday and NO ONE is here ad they OK'd it. I hate that I told a little white lie but at the same time, it's the least they can do for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Wish I could still find the gear grinder thread, but taking professional certification exams remotely grinds my gears. Can't have anything on the desk, including second monitors, speakers, writing materials, etc. Door has to be closed for duration of exam, so you have to kick any pets out and tell everyone else in the house not to disturb you until you open the door again. Must install software in advance for testing purposes and to validate your system specs, camera, microphone, and internet connection are all acceptable. Remote proctor has to see your ID (and everything on said ID has to match your profile exactly) and then you have to pan the room with your webcam, including under the desk, and they will tell you to remove anything they don't like. Camera has to remain in view of your head & shoulders, your computer, and the room door at all times. Obviously, the software locks you out of any other applications on your computer during the exam.

My wife had to go through that for a test she did. Something went wrong with the setup during the exam. Lost contact and she started panicking. Got back in and explained it to the proctor and the proctor was like "Huh? Didn't notice"

This was a solid 10 minutes. What a ****ing stressful evening for me the rest of the test, I can't even imagine what she went through for the last hour and a half.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My wife had to go through that for a test she did. Something went wrong with the setup during the exam. Lost contact and she started panicking. Got back in and explained it to the proctor and the proctor was like "Huh? Didn't notice"

This was a solid 10 minutes. What a ****ing stressful evening for me the rest of the test, I can't even imagine what she went through for the last hour and a half.
                          On the plus side, the software I had to use today was probably one of the best one I've used to date. Exam Shield, IIRC. The proctor and I actually talked to each other, not just typing in a chat window. In the event of a disconnect, the exam automatically pauses until you've successfully reconnected with no time lost.

Comment

• That's pretty slick
                            Code:

Comment

• The top Residential Supervisor at my job told me the other day that I'm here for the right reasons. That I have a natural empathy that allows me to connect with residents. That if I choose to stay, I can go a long way.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Despite being pro-retirement, i have an interview next week for a role in data analysis. Pretty cool job, hopefully everything works out.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X