Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silently SCREAMING at my desk right now. Seriously.

Taking a deep breath. Going to enjoy a quick lunch break, look at Twitter or something.

Maybe I should go outside for a walk. It's supposed to be nice out.

Comment

• So sorry, Scarlet. I had that day two weeks ago. I went home early and TBH it was the best choice. I addressed the issue as an adult the next day and resolved it without bloodshed.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Silently screaming myself.

Told my boss I have ADHD.

She told me "don't claim that. You don't have it."

I bit my tongue and walked away.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Officially heard five minutes ago we're starting to head back to the office April 4. However, I guess we need to talk within our team about what that will look like. Because I'm still super anxious about taking public transportation. And many of us still want to work from home at least a few days a week. I am managing an activation the first few weeks but am going to request parking or expensed parking because I will need to be in the office by 7:00am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Officially heard five minutes ago we're starting to head back to the office April 4. However, I guess we need to talk within our team about what that will look like. Because I'm still super anxious about taking public transportation. And many of us still want to work from home at least a few days a week. I am managing an activation the first few weeks but am going to request parking or expensed parking because I will need to be in the office by 7:00am.
            I realize that many companies are run by neanderthals that still think work only can happen at the office, but I'm still amazed that any company that considers itself even vaguely kinda sorta modern (let alone "progressive") won't completely rethink its in-office/WFH policy at this point.

Many of us have worked remotely - at least most of the time - for 2 years. That's enough time to make settled habits. Why force your workforce, if they don't want to, to disrupt that again? To what possible benefit?
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I realize that many companies are run by neanderthals that still think work only can happen at the office, but I'm still amazed that any company that considers itself even vaguely kinda sorta modern (let alone "progressive") won't completely rethink its in-office/WFH policy at this point.

Many of us have worked remotely - at least most of the time - for 2 years. That's enough time to make settled habits. Why force your workforce, if they don't want to, to disrupt that again? To what possible benefit?
              Yea. Very much so. My company has totally shifted from a planned "collaborative pens" with hoteling of desks to a hybrid work system where the primary work is from home for as many as possible. It would be nice to see more companies do that. Works really well.

I know it's not for everyone, but at least let it be for those who thrive at it.

(and I've seen multiple reports pointing out that far more people are looking for jobs with flexible on site requirements than not)

Comment

• Yeah, I've intereviewed a few prospective employees (just hired one, yay!), and working remotely was a condition for each one of them. I smiled every time they said it.

In gripe news, I still don't know what my position will be in a month as they still haven't posted the new manager/director positions. I'll be applying for a manager job, likely not getting it, and then will have to apply for my current supervisory job once those are settled. I could end up promoted, or demoted, or anything in between.

I am very unlikely to stick around if demoted. Nuts to that. "Thank you for dedicating your life to our hospital system during these past two trying years. Now go get your shine box."

Comment

Yeah, I've intereviewed a few prospective employees (just hired one, yay!), and working remotely was a condition for each one of them. I smiled every time they said it.
                  The best part of this is the people it angers.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Agreed! We started straight-up posting in the job title that it's remote. And bam - resumes!

Which just reaffirms my opinion that the Great Resignation is absolutely not "people just don't want to work". It's "People just don't want to work... for you."

Comment

Agreed! We started straight-up posting in the job title that it's remote. And bam - resumes!

Which just reaffirms my opinion that the Great Resignation is absolutely not "people just don't want to work". It's "People just don't want to work... for you."
                      UBI should finish off the sh-tty bosses. They have relied on employment at gunpoint for the last 150 years. Goodbye to all that.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Officially heard five minutes ago we're starting to head back to the office April 4. However, I guess we need to talk within our team about what that will look like. Because I'm still super anxious about taking public transportation. And many of us still want to work from home at least a few days a week. I am managing an activation the first few weeks but am going to request parking or expensed parking because I will need to be in the office by 7:00am.
                        We return to the office starting on April 4, too. Tues, Wednesday, and Thursday are in the office, while Monday and Friday are WFH each week. That’s the new go-forward model.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

After PwC announced US employees could live and work wherever in perpetuity, I can't figure out why more of the big firms haven't followed their lead. Last I heard, my former firm still required everyone to live within 90 minutes of a field office, which was sort of a silly policy before COVID ("employee camaraderie, teambuilding events, proximity to major airports keeps consultant travel costs down, blah, blah, blah"), but is now ludicrous. I didn't even have to drive downtown to return my equipment like I thought I would, the central IT asset depot just sent me a box.

Comment

• Okay. Team Lead I Can Barely Be Civil With has returned.

Butchering my pronouns, walking around with her mask around her chin, and blaring a TD Jakes sermon on her phone so I can hear it is just some of what I've seen today.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I am not going back to the office anymore. Absolutely happy with my freelance job at the moment.
                              Looking forward for upcoming weekend and first family camping trip this year. Can't wait!We ordered so much from Camping World last week and i am so happy with the quality of all those things which arrived. Definitely i am going to write them a positive review on the website. The customer service was also very helpful in helping me choose all the right things.
                              Last edited by alicestevens; 03-24-2022, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alicestevens View Post
                                I am not going back to the office anymore. Absolutely happy with my freelance job at the moment.
                                "People just don't want to work anymore."

Comment

Working...
                                X