• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    cleaning things like blood and poo off the floor

"Ma'am, this is a Wendy's."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Found out Shift Lead Everyone Hates is also not cleaning things like blood and poo off the floor, leaving that for everyone else to clean up.
      She clearly needs a course in "servant leadership".

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

She clearly needs a course in "servant leadership".
        She's basically a sentient ethics violation.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Just got an email, at 6:30 pm on a Friday, from the senior leadership of my company that:

'because we're expanding your department via capabilities and strategies in 2022, the current department leader who: you've worked for these last six years, made this department the second most profitable for the whole company for three straight years (despite four of the other seven departments hemorrhaging money during that time), has advanced everyone's careers and made each of us recognizable in the industry due to our successful work these six years.... isn't the 'correct' fit as head of the department going forward despite telling you all three weeks ago he was going to be named VP in the new year; so we're putting a new manager with zero experience in your industry in place for your department.'

Yeah, great, thanks.

Time to polish the resume and update the LinkedIn account....
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Just got an email, at 6:30 pm on a Friday, from the senior leadership of my company that:

'because we're expanding your department via capabilities and strategies in 2022, the current department leader who: you've worked for these last six years, made this department the second most profitable for the whole company for three straight years (despite four of the other seven departments hemorrhaging money during that time), has advanced everyone's careers and made each of us recognizable in the industry due to our successful work these six years.... isn't the 'correct' fit as head of the department going forward despite telling you all three weeks ago he was going to be named VP in the new year; so we're putting a new manager with zero experience in your industry in place for your department.'

Yeah, great, thanks.

Time to polish the resume and update the LinkedIn account....
            Yikes. Do you know the old leader? Can you ask what the story is?
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yikes. Do you know the old leader? Can you ask what the story is?
              I do know him, but haven't gotten the details.

What I did hear from a friend in our main office is one of the newly promoted project managers feels he could do a better job than the department head (who the department head has coddled has worked at getting the PM promoted) and the PM is lighting every bridge on fire on his way out the door. Also, the PM has used payroll information to try and pit his own reporting employees against themselves. All behind the department heads back.
              Last edited by aparch; 01-07-2022, 07:55 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• It’s 11:30 PM CST on a Friday, and I started at 8PM to perform production validate for an update being released tonight for an internal app. I’m hourly, it’s in “shift premium” time, I’m also in OT for the week, and I’ve been twiddling my thumbs on company time all the while. Great process we have here.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Starting February, it looks like I'll be put in a more permanent 32 hours a week position on 2nd.

Great, because the 3rd shift experiment wasn't working out.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Starting February, it looks like I'll be put in a more permanent 32 hours a week position on 2nd.

Great, because the 3rd shift experiment wasn't working out.
                    32 gives you full time benefits right?

I'm glad you are moving off the graveyard shift. That is no place for an adult -- it's okay if you're a teenager.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 01-15-2022, 11:22 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

32 gives you full time benefits right?

I'm glad you are moving off the graveyard shift. That is no place for an adult -- it's okay if you're a teenager.
                      It's not fun when my anxiety runs on me at 3 AM and I have an existential crisis in the bathroom.

Comment

• And yes, 32 hours a week comes with benefits.

I'm also hopeful Sentient Ethics Violation gets termed out soon.

Comment

• My supervisor: "you worked 104 hours this pay period."

And the point is...?

Comment

• You would think all of my coworkers would understand the importance of cleaning biohazards off the floor.

Walked into a resident's room last night and found out whoever worked 2nd didn't clean up the mess after a patient's wound care program.

Comment

• Finally back at work after being out for two weeks due to COVID.

Applied last week for the emergency leave pay and had gotten no response. Went to management today to check on the status, was given a number to call (standard procedure at my company). Called the number and the lady says “oh yes, we’ve received your application but it hasn’t been processed yet because we’re waiting on documentation” “ok, it’s been a week, why wasn’t I contacted?” “Because I’ve just started the process on it. I’ll send you an email for the documentation.” “Ok, I’ll send it back today. How long until I get paid?” “Well, the documentation will need to be sent for approval and then after it’s approved it’ll up to 14 business days until you receive payment.”

*eye twitch*

“Ma’am, I have bills to pay now. I can’t be waiting three weeks. Is there a way to expedite this process?” “I’m sorry, there isn’t.”

*Jimjamesak proceeds to be very PO’d at his company (more so than usual)*
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Finally back at work after being out for two weeks due to COVID.

Applied last week for the emergency leave pay and had gotten no response. Went to management today to check on the status, was given a number to call (standard procedure at my company). Called the number and the lady says “oh yes, we’ve received your application but it hasn’t been processed yet because we’re waiting on documentation” “ok, it’s been a week, why wasn’t I contacted?” “Because I’ve just started the process on it. I’ll send you an email for the documentation.” “Ok, I’ll send it back today. How long until I get paid?” “Well, the documentation will need to be sent for approval and then after it’s approved it’ll up to 14 business days until you receive payment.”

*eye twitch*

“Ma’am, I have bills to pay now. I can’t be waiting three weeks. Is there a way to expedite this process?” “I’m sorry, there isn’t.”

*Jimjamesak proceeds to be very PO’d at his company (more so than usual)*
                                Mother Raytheon did this all the time.

I swear it's by design and slow rolling payments to steal compound interest from employees is a profit center for them.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X