X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy ****ing ****.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211230...g_from_my_bed/

I'd have told them to retain all communications and documents related to this matter, my contract, the firms contracts, and any other info because I'm retaining a lawyer who will be in contact. At a minimum, I'd be suing their as--ses for slander when they told the other company I was holding them hostage. At a minimum.

edit: FB link for photos
    https://www.facebook.com/10000929350...665604753/?d=n
    That is amazing.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

There's no exception for legal action? Not doubting, just surprised. I figured it would be one of those "greater good" carve outs.
      You mean like discipline? Nope, because I don't even have to answer the phone if they call.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

1. More money.
        2. Better benefits.
        3. See 1.
        4. Stop patronizing them with business bullsh-t everyone except MBAs can see through
        5. See 3.
        Money and benefits are pretty low hanging fruit, but despite what the derps keep saying, hospital systems have been pounded financially by Covid and the money simply isn't there.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Money and benefits are pretty low hanging fruit, but despite what the derps keep saying, hospital systems have been pounded financially by Covid and the money simply isn't there.
          Then get used to low retention.

You can fool yourselves, but you can't fool your employees.

Fire some middle level management, or better still cut the CEO's compensation by 90%.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Certainly agree and I know administrators are having significant issues with this and trying their best to help. I can tell you what frustrates most of us clinicians is the conversation often goes like this. (Don't take this the wrong way, I know we are all on the same team and drowning)

Clinicians: We are burning out
            Admin: What can we do to help?
            Clinicians: We need more people in support roles, less administrative tasks, fewer patients
            Admin: We cannot do any of these. Do you want head a project looking into solutions for burnout?
            Clinicians: So you want us to take on more administrative responsibilities?
            Admin: Yes
            Clinicians: ...........
            Admin: Have you tried yoga?
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Every time I hire someone from a hospital system their salary is way, way higher than anyone who works in payer/insurance. Maybe I’m just seeing a really skewed piece of data but it’s been really consistent the last few years to the point we all joke we should have worked in a health system

Comment

Then get used to low retention.

You can fool yourselves, but you can't fool your employees.

Fire some middle level management, or better still cut the CEO's compensation by 90%.
                I'm middle management! I can't speak for everyone, but our problem is that I'm responsible for too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post

Certainly agree and I know administrators are having significant issues with this and trying their best to help. I can tell you what frustrates most of us clinicians is the conversation often goes like this. (Don't take this the wrong way, I know we are all on the same team and drowning)

Clinicians: We are burning out
                  Admin: What can we do to help?
                  Clinicians: We need more people in support roles, less administrative tasks, fewer patients
                  Admin: We cannot do any of these. Do you want head a project looking into solutions for burnout?
                  Clinicians: So you want us to take on more administrative responsibilities?
                  Admin: Yes
                  Clinicians: ...........
                  Admin: Have you tried yoga?
                  Yeah, as an EHR person I feel bad any time CMS or someone else requires more documentation. It means I need to build the tools, and then I get the fun job of explaining to overworked clinical staff "hey it's just a few extra clicks"...

And yes, I've tried yoga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Every time I hire someone from a hospital system their salary is way, way higher than anyone who works in payer/insurance. Maybe I’m just seeing a really skewed piece of data but it’s been really consistent the last few years to the point we all joke we should have worked in a health system
                    I have found this to be the opposite. I know a bunch of case managers, for example, that jumped from clinical to payer and got enormous salary bumps.

Comment

• Today is my first day back at work since December 16th. I....don't know where to start.

Comment

• I've forgotten how to work
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I've forgotten how to work
                          One advantage of no PTO. I had just a 4-day weekend with the snow day.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Today is my first day back at work since December 16th. I....don't know where to start.
                            1200 emails in your in box say hi.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I worked 9 pm - 5 am one summer. Here's my advice:

1) Force yourself to sleep exactly the same time period during the day. Your body is going to want to wander around. Don't listen to it. After about 4 weeks you acclimate.

2) Don't nap, that will mess you up worse than a drinking binge.

3) Interact with people at work as much as you can; the alienation of the overnight shift is isolation and introversion.

4) Be 20.
                              I am not 20.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Found out Shift Lead Everyone Hates is also not cleaning things like blood and poo off the floor, leaving that for everyone else to clean up.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X