Antiwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

When management won't listen you can either suck it up and try to make the most of it, or quit and find another job. Those are your options in this country. Many non-union folks are currently exercising the latter option. So, unions are rightfully exercising their option to strike at a time when supply chains are already squeezed globally. The ball is in management's court.
    Yep, and good for them on it. I hope they extract a sh-tload from John Deere. **** the fat cats.

Comment

• Boss makes a dollar
      I make a dime
      That was a poem From a simpler time

Boss makes a dollar
      I don't make jack
      That's why I riot
      To seize the means back.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Was terminated from working with autistic kids today. 2 hours later, I get a call saying I'll be working in a neuro rehabilitation home for those with severe brain and nervous system injuries.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• I don't mind driving for Door Dash and Uber Eats.

However, I've been getting these orders for $2.50 with no tip that make me giggle before declining.

Comment

• New job, while not fantastic, is good. At least my coworkers are people closer to my age, everyone is affirming, and the residents I care for are delightful, like honorary grandparents.

But they are short staffed and to get people to cover at other locations, they offer things like gift cards.

Comment

• The number floating around is that 25% of our software team (>300 people) has resigned in the last 8 weeks. Disaster is in 3…2….1….

n
              Not clear if it’s mandate related or just part of the great resignation in general. Programmers do tend to be a fiercely independent/libertarian lot.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• My firm just gave a bunch of us an equity grant. I mean, cool and all but it won’t vest for years so either fix base salaries or expect a massacre of attrition come late Feb

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Programmers do tend to be a fiercely independent/libertarian lot.
                  Yes, they're all "independent" thinkers in exactly the same way.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• My second shift lead last night: "I don't know why they hired you." Then proceeded to flaunt her 25 years experience and how she trained her kids in direct care.

I had started this job to gain experience and make some money. Now I have a new reason: spite. ****ing her off with my presence alone.

Comment

• I can't wait until April 29.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                        I can't wait until April 29.
                        And what's happening April 29?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

And what's happening April 29?
                          The date that this thread no longer applies.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            The number floating around is that 25% of our software team (>300 people) has resigned in the last 8 weeks. Disaster is in 3…2….1….

n
                            Not clear if it’s mandate related or just part of the great resignation in general. Programmers do tend to be a fiercely independent/libertarian lot.
                            developers are highly transient even in normal times. Most of the "Great Resignation" is just people moving jobs, since most things were static for 2020 and half of 2021.
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              My firm just gave a bunch of us an equity grant. I mean, cool and all but it won’t vest for years so either fix base salaries or expect a massacre of attrition come late Feb
                              Like, okay, here's a bunch of what amounts to deferred comp that varies with the firm's stock performance. You'll get to keep it, IF you slog it out for another 5 years, and don't expect to cash it in until you leave or retire because you are required to maintain stock holdings equivalent to at least 50% (or more in some instances) of your base salary. Meanwhile your best subordinates will continue to leave each year to live the startup dream, or even just move to smaller firms with less middle management that are paying better base salaries.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                My second shift lead last night: "I don't know why they hired you." Then proceeded to flaunt her 25 years experience and how she trained her kids in direct care.
                                Oh puh-leaze. Like direct care at an AFC home is some sort of highly desirable job that pays great wages and people are beating down the door to get hired, especially in this economy. She sounds like an enormous twatwaffle.

Comment

Working...
                                X