X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ugh... that's not good.
    Yeah I assume I'm safe in Colorado Springs at least until the Space Force HQ actually moves to Huntsville since we are with our Govt counterparts here, but given that the new company doesn't have an office west of OK I guess I'm not sure of even that. Co-workers already making jokes about if they offer Health Insurance since MS not too big on health lol

Comment

• One of my team members is leaving - her last day is tomorrow. Our manager is still on maternity leave till October 6th. We've had a contractor on board since early May but I found out she's transitioning to a full time role in one of our business units starting on the 27th. So, my life for the next month will be CRAZY till we can bring someone new on board. And when my manager comes back from maternity leave, she is going to help out another group on our team that is losing two members at the same time due to maternity leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        One of my team members is leaving - her last day is tomorrow. Our manager is still on maternity leave till October 6th. We've had a contractor on board since early May but I found out she's transitioning to a full time role in one of our business units starting on the 27th. So, my life for the next month will be CRAZY till we can bring someone new on board. And when my manager comes back from maternity leave, she is going to help out another group on our team that is losing two members at the same time due to maternity leave.
        There you go, you see. Managing a business and having a working uterus just ain't compatible. Don't know why liberals can't see this.

Comment

• My crossover completed! Tomorrow I give 2 weeks notice on a job I have held almost 16 years. Excited / terrified.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So this is a crummy situation.

I work for Hospital A. We're small, and are clumping up with a few others to form a large health company (we're the second biggest employer in the state now, not just of healthcare). Hospital B is much larger and uses the same EHR as we do, so we work together a whole lot on shared work and parent company directives. It's great, actually. I'm a low-level manager and meet regularly with my counterparts (Who are higher level, but I'd be there if we were a bigger company). Anyway...

One of my former employees left for a great opportunity a couple years ago. She decided she wanted out, so reached out to me. At the time I didn't have any openings, but Hospital B needed someone, and who they needed was pretty much exactly my former employee. So my manager and I both wrote up glowing recommendations, and she got hired there. Meanwhile, that workgroup at Hospital B lost their team lead and a very senior employee in the same week, so they're hurting badly. My old employee to the rescue!

But no. Their company policies made her miserable. Change control rules, red tape, approvals, daily "work from home reports" and she gave her notice today. She's miserable and depressed. She had tipped me off yesterday and I kept it to myself until she talked to her manager there (I did strongly recommend she talk to him, who I like a lot and is super, super reasonable. Honestly I'd work for him in a heartbeat). Sadly it didn't work out and she gave her notice.

Sucks. Our open position is finally posted, so a big part of me wants to hire her (she's an outstanding employee), but:
            • I absolutely don't want to give the appearance of poaching her, which would be hard to avoid
            • Since we (my hospital and the other) now work for the same big company, my hospital's more free-wheeling rules are absolutely going to have to tighten up. I'd hate to hire her and then 9 months later have her be miserable and look to leave
            • She knows we're going to have to tighten up and I don't want her to come work for us and have one foot out the door from the start

Ugh. Sucks!
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I wouldn't think it's poaching. Also, maybe if she's knows going into the position about the tightening up of things, it won't be as bad. It sounds like she wasn't fully aware going into the other position and that definitely could have made it worse for her.

Comment

I wouldn't think it's poaching. Also, maybe if she's knows going into the position about the tightening up of things, it won't be as bad. It sounds like she wasn't fully aware going into the other position and that definitely could have made it worse for her.
                Apparently, they did prepare her for it (she told them as much, anyway), the problem is that she didn't realize how much it would affect her. She has pretty rotten anxiety issues.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

One of my team members is leaving - her last day is tomorrow. Our manager is still on maternity leave till October 6th. We've had a contractor on board since early May but I found out she's transitioning to a full time role in one of our business units starting on the 27th. So, my life for the next month will be CRAZY till we can bring someone new on board. And when my manager comes back from maternity leave, she is going to help out another group on our team that is losing two members at the same time due to maternity leave.
                  Not hard to figure out what was going on in your company during the peak of the pandemic last winter.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Most everyone at Meijer today has a look that screams "please push me off the roof, but make it look like an accident."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Most everyone at Meijer today has a look that screams "please push me off the roof, but make it look like an accident."
                      This is all customer service in one perfect sentence.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Bought everyone working this weekend lunch both days. Fairly good pizza and enough for them to take some home both nights. Small token but it helps say thanks (on top of 2x... I can hear my budget screaming).
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

This is all customer service in one perfect sentence.
                          Even my leads look like that.
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• New job is going well enough. Everyone is highly affirming, and the my supervisors have told me I'm making good progress, but I need to fine tune a few things.

Comment

• In the 1990s, I sang "WORK SUCKS, I KNOW," but I really didn't know.

Comment

• I don't understand. At my new job, they are really supportive and nurturing and there's no sarcasm, trauma, or gentle bullying.

Comment

Working...
                                X