This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Not just an A-hole, but an open and proud A-hole.
    The fundamental essence of Trumpism.

Comment

• I love my boss lecturing our area about a drop in productivity.

Can it be we're burned out?

Can it be we're tired of working 6-7 days in a row with no adequate time to recharge?

Can it be we have various body parts that ache and cause pain?

Can it be our mental health is suffering right now?

Can it be some of us just aren't sleeping well and our department averages maybe 3 hours of sleep a night per person?

Can it be her total lack of empathy and overwhelming emphasis on stats and where we rate in the market?

Can it be several of us mentally checked out weeks ago and have told each other "as soon as something better comes, we're leaving?"

Can it be some of us are older and don't move as well as we used to?

Can it be that some days are just awful and we need 3 pints of Ben & Jerry's to cope?

Nah. We just "don't want it enough. You just gotta try harder."
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Did anybody say, "want what, a-sshole?"
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Did anybody say, "want what, a-sshole?"
          I actually told her "don't lecture me about productivity without giving me adequate time to recharge."

She took it as a personal attack.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I actually told her "don't lecture me about productivity without giving me adequate time to recharge."

She took it as a personal attack.
            Seeing how they presented it- should ask what trophy are you working toward. And if you "dig deeper", what's the reward- is there any bonuses for the team? Like for winning a championship?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Seeing how they presented it- should ask what trophy are you working toward. And if you "dig deeper", what's the reward- is there any bonuses for the team? Like for winning a championship?
              Probably a pizza party at best…
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I love my boss lecturing our area about a drop in productivity.

Can it be we're burned out?

Can it be we're tired of working 6-7 days in a row with no adequate time to recharge?

Can it be we have various body parts that ache and cause pain?

Can it be our mental health is suffering right now?

Can it be some of us just aren't sleeping well and our department averages maybe 3 hours of sleep a night per person?

Can it be her total lack of empathy and overwhelming emphasis on stats and where we rate in the market?

Can it be several of us mentally checked out weeks ago and have told each other "as soon as something better comes, we're leaving?"

Can it be some of us are older and don't move as well as we used to?

Can it be that some days are just awful and we need 3 pints of Ben & Jerry's to cope?

Sounds like every boss in Retail. BTW **** runs downhill, she is getting **** on by management and guess where you lie in the chain?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Worse. $5 gift cards for anyone who picks over 100 items/hour for the week, AND THE GLORY AND HONOR OF LAWNDALE HIGH.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

So a crappy frozen pizza that goes with bad beer.

edit- $5 is roughly a half hour, right? Work so hard to save hours of work, and get a half hour bonus. If you can spend the "bonus" at work. I think I would be an *** and point out that I'm not going to go the extra mile for an extra half hour of pay. A day off with pay, maybe.
                    Last edited by MichVandal; 07-24-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So a crappy frozen pizza that goes with bad beer.

edit- $5 is roughly a half hour, right? Work so hard to save hours of work, and get a half hour bonus. If you can spend the "bonus" at work. I think I would be an *** and point out that I'm not going to go the extra mile for an extra half hour of pay. A day off with pay, maybe.
                      "I said hustle, you went slower!"

Pretty much what I'm doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Sounds like every boss in Retail. BTW **** runs downhill, she is getting **** on by management and guess where you lie in the chain?
                        Next step for me is the line lead and the Store Director.

While I'm there, might as well advocate for those who may not have the courage to speak.

Comment

• And being called "sir" 30 times a day doesn't help.

I'm going somewhere I can at least dress in something... flattering.

Comment

• Meijer, all of the stores, have Sandy, a penny-operated horse kids can ride.

If I am going to get fired... that would be the way to go.

Comment

• So I finally made new friends at work for the first time in... actually in 15 years. And we were at lunch today and it turns out one of them (a EE) went to Pratt and the other (Navy vet, cyber expert) went to Tisch, and there the three of us were, eating ribs, and that's who ran the war machine of Late Stage Capitalism America in 2021; tell your grandkids. Consider this our Burmese Days moment: Oxbridge Latin scholars squeezing (bombing, whatevs) the locals for the Raj (Wall Street, whatevs).
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We were informed no more overtime for any reason today.

Hooray for malicious compliance. If things aren't done before end of shift, oh well. And if they're short, no one can come in.

Comment

Working...
                                X