Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kind of enjoying getting paid to sit at home and do nothing for 6 months. Much better than waking up at 3 AM...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I don’t know if my hair falling is from covid or work.

it’s like a competition to see how many people can leave. I keep getting stuff piled on me.

im too broken at moment to look for a new job, I’m too tired
      People are leaving my practice in droves. Our original founder's NCA expired and he started a new firm that is now poaching a lot of our top people.

Comment

Y’all mother****ers need to cut back on ordering s- online. You’d think with a pandemic that shipping would go down but nooooooooo. My body is definitely starting to feel it with the longer hours the past year, it’s a wonder I only had the one injury (smashed my finger and cut it back in November/December).

Also, work places that constantly remind you “to report ALL injuries” and then give you the passive aggressive berating for actually reporting an injury.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Weird. I have a coworker... once she leaves for the day, the energy in our department is much more positive and we're not all p-ssed off. In other places, particular coworker would have been reassigned or terminated.

Particular coworker hates being treated the way she treats others. B-tch has been warned about her attitude before, but nothing ever gets done, so the next time I'm in, I'm going to ask her when she was spawned by the Dark Prince, if that rat b-stard forgot to give her a hug before he slapped her on the butt and told her to get out in the real world.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Just under 11 more months go to. I really enjoy the actual work I do- it's very interesting. But I also don't see a real vision going a long way forward, and technology is having a massive change (which I also don't see as a sustainable solution, yet, but it should). It's a good time to retire. One of the last that have a pension.

We should be full WFH now, as we lost out offices just about a year ago- they kicked us out, and we had to clean everything out. For the most part, it's been working really well. Not everyone can do it, but enough can. Can save literal billions in buildings. Should save millions in heating and cooling.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              My employer is in the process of dumb-sizing our area through attrition. No positions are being filled after people leave of their own accord, but our work load stays the same for now. It’s crushing many people’s spirits, and all the people leaving are the talented people. On my team alone, only one person aside from the manager is interested in staying.

All of us at Bigger Bank, N.A. hate work.
              Ditto here. Morale is at an all time low. The best people are being put onto emergency projects just to keep things running with no acknowledgment that **** is ugly right now.
              People have been leaving my division like crazy. Internally and externally. I get the feeling this isn't unique and a lot of people are really despising their jobs right now. Could be an interesting next 12 months.

For me personally, I've been dropped onto three Tier 1AAA projects. "This is your highest priority" has been told to me three times for three separate projects. Twice by the same person. Thankfully the project that has given me the most sense of satisfaction and pride is able to be run mostly by my lab counterpart. The other ones are projects where everyone is doing the job of three people, they don't have time to write the basic SOPs, and they're critical path. I tell their management, I have concerns about this come start-up and even the pre-startup reviews and they ask me what I'm doing to address it. "Uh, that's why I'm talking to you. You need to allocate more resources to this or YOUR team is going to cause this to be late. I'm telling you now, this is a blind spot and everyone needs to be aware of it."

*Crickets*
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I like my job it's just the a*sholes one has to deal with. Plus the 55 weeks I worked from home was like recharging the mental and physical batteries.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

My job is the most okay-est of jobs I've had. Having a good boss helps with that.

The problem here is dealing with expectations of those outside our plant, like OEMs or corporate. We were bought by a very large corporation a few years ago. Now they want our plant to implement the things their other plants do......but they don't understand our business or our resources. The systems that make sense for a high volume, low mix manufacturing facility may not be easy to apply to a job shop. We call one product line our high volume, we make 20 a day, and even those aren't all the same model...different sizes, different models, same product function.
                  Anyway, now they want to implement a new non-conforming tag software. Fine, except it takes 10+ minutes to enter a tag. I have production entering tags in my current system, they aren't going to be able to in the new system (too many required fields they won't have the answers to). Corporate doesn't want to invest in having this software work with our ERP system because we'll eventually go to a new ERP system. People implementing software ask silly questions like, "well what do your quality inspectors do all day? why aren't they entering NC tags?" My response: "what quality inspectors? Do you not understand that my quality team is 3 people, including me?"
                  OEMs ask stupid questions like that too, "can incoming inspection measure the paint thickness on those when they come in?" A: "what incoming inspection? Also, my only measurement tools are calipers and a tape measure, so, no we can't measure paint thickness"

All that said, I agree with the anitwork sentiment.
                  Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 06-23-2021, 10:32 AM.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

If I HAVE to work and am not independently wealthy and able to do whatever I want... my job is OK. Besides the 3 am phone calls, which are much more infrequent than they were 10 years ago.

It'd be 100000% better if other people would learn to do THEIR jobs correctly, though. Thus resulting in not adding more time to MY job.

Also, I have been "forced" work from home for the past 2 years, and I used to hate it, but I am finding that... I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. One reason I don't hate it is because I rarely enter my office if it's not working hours, so I'm not tempted to just "check something" if I'm not actually working. I know a lot of people struggle with that. I can STOP WORKING like a pro. I am the BEST at stopping work.

I kind of prefer to go to the office just for socialization reasons, but most of my co-workers do not. So... that means my main reason for going in isn't valid. Company is still in the "figuring out" stages, but it's looking like my team will be WFH for about 50% of the time.
                    Last edited by jen; 06-27-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

They turned off the music at the Meijer I work at, and I am super annoyed by that. Yes, it was the Mom Rock I like so much...
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

My outlook about work has improved exponentially since I left Wisconsin and returned to Ohio. I still often dislike the organization I worked for and now work for again, but I love the union members I work with here. Even the trump supporters in the mix know he was no fan of organized labor and I have yet to run across a member who thought covid was a hoax or masks infringe upon their constitutional right and virtually everyone is vaccinated.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                          Also, I have been "forced" work from home for the past 2 years, and I used to hate it, but I am finding that... I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. One reason I don't hate it is because I rarely enter my office if it's not working hours, so I'm not tempted to just "check something" if I'm not actually working. I know a lot of people struggle with that. I can STOP WORKING like a pro. I am the BEST at stopping work.

I kind of prefer to go to the office just for socialization reasons, but most of my co-workers do not. So... that means my main reason for going in isn't valid. Company is still in the "figuring out" stages, but it's looking like my team will be WFH for about 50% of the time.
                          Fortunately, I was used to working from home on non-travel weeks before COVID, so I have always had a dedicated home office. Having proven over the past year that we can deliver an implementation program 100% remotely, I'm not sure if and when we'll ever return to the days of having an entire team on site with the client. I think it's largely a waste of time and money for our developers, but I do see value in having some on site presence for salespeople and folks in my role - BAs/architects/process consultants - who do the requirements gathering work. I'd be fine with resuming business travel at one or two weeks per month, but I'm in no rush to get back to it with the recent rash of a55hats causing in-flight incidents.

OTOH, my girlfriend misses the socialization of working in an office setting, but does not miss getting up early to put on makeup and commute into downtown Detroit. Her employer just informed her that they will start calling people back into the office in September. She works 4/10s and is hoping to eventually secure a 2 days in/2 days from home arrangement, but there are some complexities there that I suspect are going to be roadblocks to her efforts on that front in the short-to-mid term. I'm pulling for her though.

Comment

If I relocate although new office is still WAH upper level managers for some reason are still going into the office - even if in shorts and flip flops. [sigh]

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              WAH upper level managers
                              Werewolf-American Hippies?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Werewolf-American Hippies?
                                Isn't that redundant?

WAH --> work at home
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X