X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I want a job where I don't have to bring work home with me.
    It's a choice. I'll grant that working as a care provider probably makes it much more likely you'll choose to carry it home, but ultimately you need to control it. There are people (side-eyes his wife) who make their work so big it spills over into their real life. But at the end of the day, a job is garbage time -- it's time robbed from your life for some jackwagon holding a gun to your head. Do not give that POS any more power over you than you absolutely must.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I need a break from direct care for awhile. I don't know what else I could do, but I want a job where I don't have to bring work home with me.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    12:15 PM: signed a conditional offer for one job.
    5:15 PM: signed a resignation letter for my current job.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    It takes a lot of something to arrive back in town after 1am and then go to work at 6am.

Stupidity is the word I think. Yet, here I am…

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Back to work after being off for a couple of weeks, plus working from home after my foot surgery. I was wondering if I missed a memo about today also being a holiday as there was hardly any traffic and there's so few people in the office. I got off the elevator on my floor and was greeted by a "Construction area - do not enter" sign so I was wondering if I missed a notification about working from home today. I'm glad I came in as I do need to get back into the swing of things, eating normally, etc. We have a new person starting on our team and I thought she was going to be in today so I wanted to meet her in person. My manager had to work from home as one of her kids has no school today so she told the new person to come in tomorrow. Had I but known....

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I have two interviews this week for DSP positions.

Started looking elsewhere after it became clear I'm not really a good fit anymore and after some demonstrably false rumors were spread about me.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I got double pay plus a $100 incentive for picking up a shift today.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Hilarious watching the kids at work deny they're passing a dab pen in the house when they've been clearly caught on videotape.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    You should mix more anal sex into your algorithm.

Leave a comment:

• akerry
    replied
    In discussions about work and lifestyle choices, financial considerations often play a significant role. For those exploring different approaches, managing finances wisely becomes crucial. Netspend could provide insights into a financial tool that aligns with financial problems. Exploring the experiences and perspectives shared in Netspend reviews might shed light on how individuals navigate their finances outside of conventional work structures. It's fascinating to see how diverse financial tools can support various lifestyles and philosophies, contributing to the ongoing conversation about redefining work and life balance.

Last edited by akerry; 12-19-2023, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Yesterday, I learned the Developmentally Disabled and Cognitively Impaired house at my agency is closing down in 30 days.
    Already happened.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Yesterday, I learned the Developmentally Disabled and Cognitively Impaired house at my agency is closing down in 30 days. Not a state thing, but we don't have the skilled staff to make it work.

They gave us the option of returning to the behavioral stabilization home or possibly going over to the Family Supports team.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Best feeling:
    Sunday, I returned to work. When I got there, the kids were on an outing, but the staff welcomed me back. When the kids returned, one of them yelled "AMBER!," and ran up to me and bear hugged me. Later in the evening, they were so eager to show me all the cool stuff they were working on. And I'm thinking... "this is love."

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Hope you continue to get better, S.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Sounds like your manager is kind of a dink.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X