• Show
Clear All

• Congrats all
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• good luck kep!

I formally accepted the position today. Documents to be signed in the morning, but we agreed on compensation and start date.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        good luck kep!

I formally accepted the position today. Documents to be signed in the morning, but we agreed on compensation and start date.
        Good luck; they are very lucky to have you and you will slay all dragons!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Thanks! I've never been so happy to give up so much money.

Comment

good luck kep!

Congratulations!! Good to hear. Hope the two weeks notice conversation goes well. Let us know of any drama!!!

Comment

• Congrats swan
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• \m/

I'm giving a full month notice so hopefully it's less awful. I just filled out the new forms so now it's a matter of notification. As difficult as it will be to tell my boss, it'll be much harder to tell my lead, who I've worked very closely with. He's going to have a lot on his plate now. Between me leaving and whatever the stupid pills make us do as they continue to reorganize...

Comment

good luck kep!

I'm thrilled for you!
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Thanks!

New annoyance. the ID vetting company involved, instead of calling HR at my current employer to validate work times, requires me to upload pay stubs and W2s from first and last dates of employment, but also requests that I block out actual salary info. But because my actual employer has been different from the entity paying me (it's confusing, but I've officially worked for parent company, who pays the legacy company, who pays me) and we switched from 15 legacy payroll systems to Workday, I only have some of the paystubbs and no idea how to get older ones.

So... they get what they get.

Comment

New annoyance. The ID vetting company involved, instead of calling HR at my current employer to validate work times, requires me to upload pay stubs and W2s from first and last dates of employment, but also requests that I block out actual salary info.
                      I had to do this for a client project once, to be onboarded to the pass-through company we were subcontracted through, and I had to provide redacted stubs for all my employers for the previous 7 years. Fortunately I was only employed by two companies during that time, but I was absolutely infuriated at the busywork that they should have done themselves by calling the HR departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I had to do this for a client project once, to be onboarded to the pass-through company we were subcontracted through, and I had to provide redacted stubs for all my employers for the previous 7 years. Fortunately I was only employed by two companies during that time, but I was absolutely infuriated at the busywork that they should have done themselves by calling the HR departments.
                        Exactly! All they need is employment dates. F off with all this.

Comment

• So this week I've been telling colleagues that I'm leaving. And after shock, the next most common reaction is "good for you, I hope you're going somewhere less insane".

I did not expect that answer over and over. But my god, people are not happy. Epic implementations are never smooth, even when they are smooth. But when one of the big players is coming from one of the first ever home-grown EHRs where they fully owned and could customize to their hearts content ... and expect Epic to bend similarly...

Sorry guys. Epic does not give a crap that you developed your own EHR in the 1970s. They don't care that you really really want it to be one way. It isn't that way. If you're Kaiser, out in CA. Then maybe they'll bend for you. Maybe.

Comment

• Two job interviews, two jobs I don't want.
                            the first one the recruiter touted work life balance, great company cars about their people. The opposite was evidenced during the interview.

The second one I actually haven't interviewed yet, but in preparation for tomorrow's interview I looked at the location on maps where of all places I saw a review: "HR manager [name redacted] thinks people should be paid less for the same work. The man is chock full of nepotism and favoritism".
                            yeah, that name i know as he was fired from my current company because of his sexism, racism, and complete lack of respect for anyone other than his superiors. Now how do I tactfully tell the company that I'm not interested in the position if that guy is the HR manager?
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              that name i know as he was fired from my current company because of his sexism, racism, and complete lack of respect for anyone other than his superiors. Now how do I tactfully tell the company that I'm not interested in the position if that guy is the HR manager?
                              I'm not sure if your industry's management colludes. If they do, I guess you say nothing, unfortunately. If they don't, then I'd tell them exactly. Maybe you can save a few employees the predations of this derp.

From what you have said in the past, the industry itself may be permeated with these dimwits, in which case, there's always barber college.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The "we don't need your help" experts had a total false alarm panic this weekend when trying to import patient data into PRD. They emailed and sent teams chats to me over a dozen times asking me to get on a troubleshooting call. Between 9:30 PM and 11 PM on a Friday night and then again from 8-9:30 AM Saturday morning. There was no suggestion that they may need a resource. Then they called me at 9:30, which actually woke me up, and demanded I get on their call.

I politely declined.

then my boss called and asked if we had anyone available, which we didn't because it's a weekend, none of us are on call, and I had one analyst out with a death in the family, two on vacation and another doing victim support activities (she ... never mind). So no, I had no one available.

Fast forward to today, and those same "we don't need your help" experts realized they'd sent out updates through Epic's connectivity network on 50,000 imported patients. It never occurred to anyone that Care Everywhere is a thing.

*shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X