This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And the sad part is that your manager will probably get all of their bonuses.

I could type more, but suffice it to say, I'm more glad to have reached retirement.
    Thought leaders eat last???
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Thought leaders eat last???
      That's accurate, but does not describe managers.

Comment

And the sad part is that your manager will probably get all of their bonuses.
        The layoffs met their Cost Control targets.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-28-2024, 09:27 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Not exactly work but it is soccer refereeing:

I’m about to decline working the rest of the youth indoor season after one day because they’re using the stupidest set up I’ve ever seen.

Anchorage has a large inflated dome with a full size soccer field and a six lane track. The field can be played and is marked as a full field, divided into three thirds or a 2/3rds size with a 1/3rd size field for the youngest age groups. The 2/3rds and 1/3rds setup was used for over decade in this youth league, worked perfectly.

This year? Clubs want to make more money so they switch to dividing it into two fields and use cones for markings. It’s the worst f-ing setup I’ve ever seen, nobody knew what the markings were, even me. I already told the assignor that I’m out. Not enough money to deal with this BS.
          Woof. Screw that. Basically a field full of rakes and you're sideshow bob
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Without cheating, who said this?

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Without cheating, who said this?

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"
              Carl Marx?

Comment

Carl Marx?
                It makes me happy that this was the first guess because it was mine too. But you're about 4,000 miles off and about 9 years difference.
                Code:

Comment

Woof. Screw that. Basically a field full of rakes and you're sideshow bob
                  Had a coach last night say “they’re encroaching into the penalty area on the goal kicks!” I replied “I don’t even know where the penalty area is!”
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I hear ya on avoiding a field that isn't close to being properly marked... You have a legit out here. Hopefully your assignor will back you and not just undercut everyone by putting a body out there.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It makes me happy that this was the first guess because it was mine too. But you're about 4,000 miles off and about 9 years difference.
                      Abraham Lincoln, but I got it only because of both of your clues.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Abraham Lincoln, but I got it only because of both of your clues.
                        Bingo. Lincoln was way, way more pro labor than I could have imagined
                        Code:

Comment

Bingo. Lincoln was way, way more pro labor than I could have imagined
                          He was also a lot more racist than is ever taught in our schools (though not out of line with other whites at the time). Still, he's an interesting study in how a politician's views might evolve over the years, assuming they have the braincells. He went from containment of slavery and a full-throated endorsement of early eugenics and race separatism in 1858, to abolition in 1863, to (paraphrasing) "we should enfranchise the educated and veteran blacks" in April 1865 about 3 days before Booth shot him.

Today we'd cynically call him a triangulating Clintonista, sticking his finger in the air to test the political winds before making a statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

He was also a lot more racist than is ever taught in our schools (though not out of line with other whites at the time). Still, he's an interesting study in how a politician's views might evolve over the years, assuming they have the braincells. He went from containment of slavery and a full-throated endorsement of early eugenics and race separatism in 1858, to abolition in 1863, to (paraphrasing) "we should enfranchise the educated and veteran blacks" in April 1865 about 3 days before Booth shot him.

Today we'd cynically call him a triangulating Clintonista, sticking his finger in the air to test the political winds before making a statement.
                            He was way ahead of his time relative to the average educated man, let alone the average yokel. He acknowledged blacks as human beings. His racism was paternalistic, believing that people subjected to slavery would be unable to function as equals in civil society the way someone raised in low gravity would be unable to compete athletically because their muscles were atrophied. If he believed race was a thing and that African-descendants would do better in Africa that was some misplaced Darwinism of the Herbert Spencer variety. He was no doubt guilty of a well-meaning albeit biased attempt to work for human flourishing regardless of race. God knows what he said about the Irish.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yesterday: "Technical Dress Rehearsal" at a newly opening practice should have taken 2 hours, but due to abysmal planning on the ops side, it took us all day.

Today: portals are slow as dog****, and just as we get into fixing them, someone forgot to update a cert and e-prescribing controlled substances stops working. In the process of looking into that they note that the main controlling certificate for the entire EHR is set to expire later today.

Meanwhile, I'm told to run a mini project by Wednesday to message about 5000 patients about a new payment plan system, using tools that are actively off (and thus, need to be turned on), and a method that our non-Epic-knowledgeable upper management prefers but isn't a good process at all if you know Epic at any depth.

Thursday's interview better go well.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I was actually going to come here to ask you if there was anything up with Epic as it was slow today.

Comment

Working...
                                X