X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Good luck to both of you guys!

I have a team meeting in three minutes to discuss 2024 objective setting and the new performance metric, which used to be a 15-number scale and now it's only three. Good times. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I did a site interview for a new job yesterday and now it's in the hands of the hiring gods. Put some good vibes out there, please.
    Good things are happening to you and you are powerless to stop them.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I did a site interview for a new job yesterday and now it's in the hands of the hiring gods. Put some good vibes out there, please.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    My company did something monumentally stupid today, and I have this growing sense that my group/role is about to be reassigned... to people that absolutely don't know how this system works, but are experts in it nonetheless.

I hope I get a second interview with the other company.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Union violation! That's the point guard's PARENT'S job.
    That's actually pretty funny.

I think it's a fascinating issue, on so many fronts. For instance, recruiting. Are players going to pick schools based upon whether they are a "union shop" or not? Are the unions going to try to get under one umbrella basketball players from different conferences, even different divisions. It's not exactly like the MLB or NFL player's associations.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Is the point guard going to grieve his playing time?
    Union violation! That's the point guard's PARENT'S job.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is somebody making bank off mites?
    Is the point guard going to grieve his playing time?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Does this new ruling extend down into the high school ranks? How about mite hockey? Might be some pretty interesting child labor issues if it goes anywhere lower than college, I'd think.
    Is somebody making bank off mites?

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    I've been sort of hoping we'd hear from unofan on the NLRB decision involving the Dartmouth basketball team. I think he's a Dartmouth guy, isn't he? Plus, I think he says he deals with employment law. News reports suggest it says that the player's are employees of Dartmouth and may now unionize. I haven't yet searched the internet for a copy of the decision, so I have no idea what it says, but it seems like it might open a whole lot of cans of worms.

Obviously professional athletes have unionized for years now.

Does this new ruling extend down into the high school ranks? How about mite hockey? Might be some pretty interesting child labor issues if it goes anywhere lower than college, I'd think.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    First day yesterday working at my new job.

The power went out and two adults tried to elope (leave the area/get beyond the attention of staff).

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I actually use two others for my mom's accounts so good to know it was something. It worked, it was just slow. I haven't checked any of them today.
    Ahh, right on. So just to be clear, every Epic instance is completely separate from each other. We host our own server farms entirely. So MGB's Patient Gateway could go down while Lahey's or UMASS's is still up. They're connected, but not on the same set of servers.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

You gave me a damn heart attack. We've had serious server issues with the other MyChart system but I thought the one you use was fine. Sorry I missed this yesterday. I just logged into yours (your system, not your account) and it seems fine, at least right now.
    I actually use two others for my mom's accounts so good to know it was something. It worked, it was just slow. I haven't checked any of them today.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I was actually going to come here to ask you if there was anything up with Epic as it was slow today.
    You gave me a damn heart attack. We've had serious server issues with the other MyChart system but I thought the one you use was fine. Sorry I missed this yesterday. I just logged into yours (your system, not your account) and it seems fine, at least right now.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    I was actually going to come here to ask you if there was anything up with Epic as it was slow today.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Yesterday: "Technical Dress Rehearsal" at a newly opening practice should have taken 2 hours, but due to abysmal planning on the ops side, it took us all day.

Today: portals are slow as dog****, and just as we get into fixing them, someone forgot to update a cert and e-prescribing controlled substances stops working. In the process of looking into that they note that the main controlling certificate for the entire EHR is set to expire later today.

Meanwhile, I'm told to run a mini project by Wednesday to message about 5000 patients about a new payment plan system, using tools that are actively off (and thus, need to be turned on), and a method that our non-Epic-knowledgeable upper management prefers but isn't a good process at all if you know Epic at any depth.

Thursday's interview better go well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X